Visit Kailasagiri Hills at Visakhapatnam: Attractions, Things to Do There, Best Time to Visit, Timings, Entry Fee (2023)
Are you a fan of scenic natural views? Does lush greenery soothe your soul? If your answer is yes, then probably you should go for a nice vacation to Andhra Pradesh or more specifically Visakhapatnam. Though there are many tourist places in Andhra Pradesh but if you want to stay away from the crazy vibes of the main city life, then Visakhapatnam and its serene beaches are a must – visit for you. However, you will be pleased to know that apart from a wide variety of beaches there is one more thing for which Visakhapatnam is famous – Kailasagiri hills.
Kailasagiri hills is a beautiful hill top park in the city of Visakhapatnam located at an altitude of 360 feet and is known to overlook stunning beaches, lush green forests and the beautiful city of Visakhapatnam. A lot of travellers come to Kailasagiri hills for witnessing bird’s eye views of the bay and hence it is not surprising that it is considered as one of the most loved tourist places in Andhra Pradesh.
Sprawling over 100 acres on a hilltop, Kailasagiri park is another key highlight of the place. A lot of tourists come to visit this well–maintained park to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and natural scenic beauty around. Hence, it has become a great picnic spot. Do you want to know more about this beautiful place? If yes, then you have arrived at just the right place because in this article we have tried to gather all the important information about Kailasagiri Hills and Park that you need to know before actually visiting it.
Attractions at the Kailasagiri Hills:
Kailasagiri hills is not just about admiring the natural glory, there is a lot more that visitors can do here. There are a lot of beautiful attractions around here that will keep you engaged and entertained. Some of the attractions of Kailasgari Hills are:
- Kailasagari Park: Developed by the Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority, Kailasagari park comprises of about 380 acres of land covered with a wide variety of flora and tropical trees. Well known for its panoramic views, peaceful atmosphere and scenic natural beauty, there are a lot of reasons for visiting t Kailasagiri hills in Visakhapatnam. Situated at the top of the hill which faces the east coast, this stunning park offers a variety of things to the visitors include a place of religious significance, adventure games like paragliding, entertainment for little kids, wide panoramic views of the whole city and a lot more.
- Statue of Shiva and Parvathi: The 40 feet tall statue of Shiva and Parvathi are the major attraction at Kailasagiri hills. Apart from being a source of exceptional beauty, this statue adds a religious flavor to the place as well. Kalasagiri even derives its name from this beautiful statue depicted the abode of Lord Shiva and Parvathi. The idol stands on the top of the hill at an elevation of about 40 feet. There is a beautiful flora clock also which plays an important role in adding an artistic touch to the place. With its lush green patches and colourful appearance, it improves the beauty of the statue manifold. It often works as a land mark for the tourists. Hence it is not surprising that it catches the attention and attracts huge crowds.
- Bollywood Popularity: If you are a true fan of Bollywood, then you would know that the Bollywood movies are a fan of scenic locations. You would be pleased to know that a number of Bollywood films have been shot at the Park for its scenic views and beautiful location that is at a juxtaposition of the Bay of Bengal and Kailasagari Hills.
- Some other attractions in and around Kailasagiri park include Titanic viewpoint, Shanku Chakra Nama, Floral Clock, Shanthi Ashram and jungle trails.
Things You Can Do At The Kailasagari Hills:
With many pretty attractions, scenic panoramic views, tranquil atmosphere, natural beauty and such peaceful vibes, Kailasagari Hills are right to be considered as one of the best tourist places in Andhra Pradesh. Some of the things you can do when at Kailasagiri hills include:
- Try The Rope Way Facility: The Kailasagari hill top can be reached both by rope way as well as road. For those travellers who want to add a bit of thrill in their vacation, they can take advantage of this rope way facility. There is a cable car route that takes the visitors right at the top of the hill and give you a golden chance of admiring the bird eye view of the entire city of Visakhapatnam. It is the first of its kind of tourist places in Andhra Pradesh and hence, it attracts a lot of attention from adventure enthusiasts.
- Go On A Toy Train Amusement Ride: If you are travelling with small children, you naturally have to make sure that the place you are going is kid friendly or not. As far as Kailasagari hills are concerned you don’t have to worry. The toy train ride at Kailasagari Park is one of the newest added attraction which has gathered a lot of love from small children. Other than offering entertainment and thrill to children, the train also offers good view of the natural beauty of the Kailasagari Park as well as of the whole Bay of Bengal at Vizag withs its circular tour.
- Indulge in Paragliding: The travellers who want to try something really adventurous should definitely give paragliding a try here. Kailasagiri hills are well known for offering good paragliding facilities to the visitors.
- Spend Some Quality Time With Your Tiny Tots: The place also boasts of housing a children’s play park and horse rides. They are immensely popular among the kids. So, make sure you visit this park with your kid and create some precious memories. Moreover, the fresh breeze and immense greenery of this place along with the stunning sea views provide the perfect atmosphere too.
- Admire The Natural Beauty: Being located at a high altitude and due to the surrounding beautiful landscape, it is natural that Kailasagiri hills offer spectacular views from many locations. During the evening hours, the charm of the view of the illuminated city is surely going to take your breath away.
Opening Hours of the Kailasagiri Hills: The place is opened for visitors from 11 am till 8 in the evening.
Best Time To Visit The Kailasagiri Hills:
If you want to explore this beautiful place at its best, then it is recommended that you visit the Kailasagiri Hills during the months from October till March. During this time, the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing and indulging in activities.
Entry Fee: Despite its many pretty attractions and a plethora of activities, the visitors do not have to pay heavy charges. For admission, the fee is just Rs. 5. However, for taking the cable car round trip the charges are Rs. 75 per adult and Rs. 40 per child.
Now that you know that Kailasagiri Hills are one of the most exciting tourist places in Andhra Pradesh, do not forget to include it in your itinerary.