The Magic of Lambasingi — The Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh (2021)
There is just something about evergreen forests, misty roads, and snow-filled landscapes that stirs something deep within our soul. Therefore, if you are longing for this mysteriously shrouded environment, then you do not have to go all the way up north. Instead, we suggest you go down south—South to the Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh, Lambasingi. One of the best places to visit in Andhra Pradesh, Lambasingi, is a good 100 km away from Visakhapatnam and sits at a glorious height of 1000 m, a good 3280 feet above the sea level. Planning to visit this beautiful place? Read on to find more about Lambasingi and plan the best vacation ever!
Why Should You Visit Lambasingi
Located in the district of Visakhapatnam, Lambasingi is recorded to have zero degrees in the winter season. The reason why it was declared as the ‘Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh’ is because of the dazzling snowfall that is known to grace the place every other winter. Since then, Lambasingi has become more attractive and has witnessed a tourist surge in its small perimeter. Truth be told, Lambasingi is not that big of a place and is still pretty new to being a tourist spot. But due to the beautiful and pleasing weather, the luscious coffee plantations, trekking options, and the lush forests, it cannot help but attract more mesmerized visitors right into its arm. And thus, Lambasingi has come to be one of the most popular tourist places in Andhra Pradesh, which is why you should definitely visit the place and witness the comforting hospitality of the people of Lambasingi.
List of Places to Visit in Lambasingi
If you are planning to visit Lambasingi, then we have compiled together a list of must-visit places in Lambasingi that you, as a traveler, must visit to experience the absolute beauty of Lambasingi. Though the place itself is more than enough, we have handpicked the following spots to enhance your vacation. Go on and take a look!
- Bojjannakonda: Bojjannakonda, along with Lingalakonda, are hill ranges located on either side of the Singaram village. Being one of the oldest Indian Buddhist establishments, it houses buddha monoliths dating as far back as the 4th and 9th centuries. If you are into historical buildings and like to walk the paths walked by our ancestors, Bojjannakonda should be on your top places to visit in Andhra Pradesh. It has beautiful architectural structures that are surrounded by magical paddy fields that one must witness! Image Source
Visiting hours: 9 am – 6 pm. Entrance fees: INR 15
- Yerravaram Waterfalls: If you are more of a trekker, we advise you to take the trekking trail of about 5 km and visit this breathtaking waterfall, and behold these beautiful trails of water curve and flow over the rocks. Spend a day by the falls and wash the city’s wariness in the cool running waters of the Yerravaram waterfalls! Visiting hours: 6 am – 6 pm.
- Thajangi Reservoir: You must have seen those dazzling photographs of beautiful blue water bodies with a green backdrop that just seems too good to be true! Well, it is true, and you will find it in the Thajangi Reservoir. Located about 6 km away from Lambasingi, this reservoir is the perfect spot for photographers and nature lovers alike. All in all, it is a small paradise in the crook of the dewy mountains and forests.
- Susan Garden: Right out of those 19th-century oil paintings, the Susan garden is home to thousands of black-eyed Susans, appearing like a yellow painting of a dream! Visit the garden around the time of sunset, and thank us later! Visiting hours: 7 am – 6 pm. Entrance fees: INR 20
- Kothapalli Waterfalls: Visit this beautiful cascade between 6 am to 5:30 pm, and you will understand why people sing near waterfalls in the movies. After all, who would not want to sing and dance around when you have this kind of magical waterfall with white water cascade all around you? Take a dip in the falls and experience the bliss of nature from up close at the Kothapalli waterfalls! Visiting hours: 6 am – 6 pm.
How To Reach Lambasingi?
Lambasingi sits 135 km away from Kakinada, 320 km far from Vijayawada, 600 km from the city of Hyderabad, and about 780 km from Chennai. Therefore, the best option to arrive at Lambasingi is by the rails. The nearest railway station would be Chintapalle, which is about 20 km away from Lambasingi.
When to Visit Lambasingi?
Lambasingi is the best during the winter season. It does have delightful weather throughout the year, but it is the most beautiful during the winter season! And who knows? If luck sides with you, you might even experience the infamous snowfall of the ‘Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh’! Therefore, the best time to visit Lambasingi is in the months of November through January.
Best Places To Stay In Lambasingi
As mentioned earlier, Lambasingi is still developing as a tourist hub and thus, has a lack of overnight staying options in it. However, due to recent growth in tourism, the APTDC has shown promises to open a resort run by the state for travelers. In fact, it is almost done with the completion of the said resorts. Also, the people of Lambasingi are slowly taking steps to become a better tourist spot and have made available options for B&Bs. However, if you are hesitant about the mentioned options, Narsipatnam is the nearest proper town and offers good stay options. Or you may be more adventurous and be a little closer to nature and set up a little camp under the starry sky of Lambasingi!
Experience The Magic Of Lambasingi
Everyone talks about places up in the north of India for an escape from the heat of the Indian summer. But for a change, travel to the south and experience the translucently mesmerizing landscapes of Lambasingi, and let the nature lover within you crawl out to its full potential! After all, the woods are always calling out for you! So give Lambasingi a chance to indulge you in the best of the ‘Kashmir of Andhra Pradesh.’