Travel to 10 Beautiful Hill Stations Within 350 km From Goa (2023)
Adorning itself with awe-inspiring coastline and seashores, Goa attracts thousands of visitors every year from different parts of the country. Located within a range of 350 km away from Goa, the magnificent hill stations here unravel the best opportunity for you to unwind. With pleasing climate conditions, these hill stations are the best place to be when you are looking for unspoiled destinations. Here are some of the hill stations that you must visit during your trip to Goa.
Travel to 10 Beautiful Hill Stations Within 350 km From Goa
1. Chorla Ghats: Located 44 km away from Goa, Chorla Ghats is covered with lush green patches along with majestic hues. Known for being home to endangered types of fauna, this hill station is extremely popular among nature lovers. The Natural Conservation Centre here takes pride in being able to protect the bio variety in this region.
During your visit here, you shouldn’t miss jungle walks and trekking. Nearby places of attraction include Twin Vajra Falls and Lasni Temb Peak. You’ll be amazed to know that this location is known for being the intersection between Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Goa.
Location: State Highway 4, Belgavi, Maharashtra
Best Time to Visit: June to September
2. Dandeli: Loathed 98 km away from Goa, Dandeli is the paradise for those who want to indulge in adventure sports. This hill station on the bank of River Kali is geographically situated in the Uttar Kannada district of Karnataka. It unravels the opportunity for you to a wide variety of adventurous activities such as safari visits, waterway boating, outdoors, etc. During your stay in Dandeli, you should consider visiting the Sathodi Falls and the Magod Falls. If you have kids with you, you shouldn’t miss the Disney Park here.
Location: Dandeli, Old Dandeli, Karnataka
Best Time to Visit: October to May
3. Amboli: Revealing the best opportunity for you to reinvigorate your soul in a tranquil atmosphere, Amboli in Maharashtra is approximately 89 km away from Goa.
Attracting thousands of visitors every year from different corners of the country, The charming climate here will soothe your soul for sure. Filled with waterfalls, wildlife sanctuaries, and woodlands, this hill station can be easily reached by train. During your visit here, don’t miss places like Hiranya Keshi, Shirgaonkar point, and Madhavgad fort.
Location: Amboli, Maharashtra
Best Time to Visit: June to August
4. Agumbe: Known for being Cherrapunji Of the South, Agumbe is known for offering spectacular views. Located 340 km away from Goa, this hill station adorns itself with Barkana Falls, Dusk Point, and Gopal Krishna Sanctuaries. The picturesque landscapes here attract thousands of visitors from every corner of the globe every year. Agumbe is also known for being home to the replicating cobra which is known for being one of the most poisonous snakes on the Earth. During your stay here, don’t miss popular attractions such as Koodlu Theertha Falls, Agumbe Sunset View Point, and Jogigundi Falls.
Location: Agumbe, Karnataka
Best Time to Visit: November to January
5. Panchgani: Located 378 km from Goa, Panchgani is known for being one of the most popular hill stations near Goa. Your extended Goa vacation will remain incomplete without visiting Panchgani. It has been named after the five hill stations that surround it. Having an altitude of 1334 meters, this hill station will amaze you with hills on one side and coastal plains on the other. During your stay here, don’t miss popular attractions such as Sydney Point, Parsi Point, Mapro Gardens, and Rajpuri Caves.
Location: Panchgani, Maharashtra
Best Time to Visit: September to May
6. Rajmachi: Located 225 km away from Goa, Rajmachi is known for providing you with the opportunity to refresh yourself amidst nature. Located on the Sahyadri mountain range, this hill station is home to two peaks i.e. Shrivardhan and Manaranjan forts. Earlier this small village has been ruled by many emperors including Aurangzeb, Shivaji, and the Britishers as well. Being quite popular among adventure enthusiasts, this hill station can be easily reached by railway.
Location: Rajmachi, Maharashtra
Best Time to Visit: August to September
7. Kudremukh: Better known as Nature’s Showpiece, Kudremukh is another popular hill station near Goa. Located 261 km away from Goa, this hill station adorns itself with green patches alongside the Western Ghat ranges. While the Bhadra river here takes a serpentine shape here, the nearby Hanuman Gundi Falls here will amaze you. Shall you desire to go for an adventure, don’t miss trekking to the Kudremukh National Park where you can do wildlife spotting as well.
Location: Kudremukh, Chikkamagaluru District, Karnataka
Best Time to Visit: October to January
8. Kemmanagundi: Located approximately 396 km away from Goa, Kemmanagundi in Tarikere taluk of Chikmagalur district of Karnataka used to be a summer retreat of Krishnaraja Wodeyar IV once upon a time. Filled with mountain streams, cascades, and gardens, this hill station attracts thousands of visitors every year. During your stay here, you must visit popular attractions such as Hebbe Falls, Shiva Temple, Z Point, Kalhatti Falls, Rock Garden, etc.
Location: Kemmanagundi, Tarikere Taluk, Chikmagalur, Karnataka
Best Time to Visit: September to February
9. Mahabaleshwar: Located 399 km away from Goa, Mahabaleshwar is one of the most widely visited hill stations near Goa. Known for offering a refreshing experience to visitors, this hill station lies at 1372 meters above the sea level. Filled with pristine mountains and spectacular landscapes, Mahabaleshwar adorns itself with strawberry plantations as well. During your stay here, you should visit places like Venna Lake, Babington Point, Lodwick Point, and Connaught Peak.
Location: Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
Best Time to Visit: December to June
10. Matheran: Located 393 km away from Goa, Matheran is known for being home to well-preserved colonial architecture. Located in the Raigad district of Maharashtra, this hill station attracts nature lovers and hikers from different parts of the country. The Ministry of Environment and Forest has declared Matheran as an eco-sensitive region. Lying at 800 meters above sea level, Matheran lets you reinvigorate your body and soul away from the noise of urban life.
Location: Matheran, Raigad District, Maharashtra
Best Time to Visit: October to May
While visiting Goa can be extremely thrilling, you might want to extend your Goa trip for a few days. Away from the urban hustle and bustle, these hill stations unravel the best opportunity for you to reinvigorate your body and mind. Filled with spectacular landscapes and lush green valleys, these hill stations boost your energy before you go back to urban life.