Bhatkal Jali Beach (2022)
Bhatkal is believed to be one of the oldest towns of the Indian state of Karnataka. Located at a distance of about 60 km from Mangalore, the town boasts of having a rich past. It is regarded as one of the oldest ports in the entire country of India. Other than historical significance, the town has grown into one frequented tourist hub. Bhatkal is known to be home to many popular tourist places to visit in Karnataka as well as several stunning beaches. One such beach which gets a lot of love from travelers all over the country is the Bhatkal Jali beach. Located near the famous Murudeshwar Temple in the Uttara Kannada region, Bhatkal Jali beach receives a lot of footfall and hence is considered as one of the popular tourist places to visit in Karnataka. Moreover, there are many historic as well as prestigious temples lying in close proximity to the Bhatkal beach, which makes it an ideal getaway. In this article, you will get to know everything that you should know before visiting the Bhatkal Jali beach.
Why Should You Visit Bhatkal Jali Beach In Bhatkal?
Like any other beach, Bhatkal Jali Beach is also a true paradise for all the beach lovers or water babies. However, there are many other things which make it stands out from all the other ones. After all, there has to be a reason why Bhatkal Jali beach is considered as one of the top tourist places to visit in Karnataka. Some of the reasons which make Bhatkal beach special are:
- Religious Significance: When visiting Bhatkal Jali beach, you don’t have to limit yourself to relaxing on the shores. There are a number of religiously significant temples lying around Bhatkal which gives it a prominence of its own. Some of the popular temples that you can visit around include the Sholeshwar Temple. There are two Jain temples as well as a beautiful church.
- Picturesque Appearance: Just one glance of Bhatkal Jali beach is enough to make you fall in love with it. Lined with sloping coconut trees, serene crystal – blue waters, and soft white sands, the beach is beautiful in every sense. Moreover, watching the rocky slopes of the Western ghats sloping down steeply towards the stunning Arabian sea present a perfect natural masterpiece. Here you can witness the natural beauty in its actual rugged, raw, and truest form.
- Adventure: Bhatkal Jali beach is often referred to as a trekker’s paradise owing to its numerous adventure opportunities. The rugged coastline of the beach offers many trekking options to the interested ones. Those who want something more challenging than just strolling on the beach would be pleased to know that the hills and hillocks along the rocky shores provide a good setting.
Bhatkal Jali Beach Timings:
You will be pretty pleased to know that to visit this popular tourist attraction in Karnataka, you don’t have to do much plotting and planning. It is open for all the 24 hours of the day. Also, since it is open throughout the day on all days of the week, you can literally visit it anytime whenever you wish. However, if you are planning to combine visiting some nearby attractions on that trip only, then it is recommended that you check their visiting hours first. Doing this will prevent you from coming across any unpleasant shock later on.
What Is The Best Way To Reach Bhatkal Jali Beach In Bhatkal?
Bhatkal jali beach is located at a distance of approximately 16 km from the town of Bhatkal and around 60 km from Mangalore. Since it is well connected by all means of transports, it isn’t much hard to reach it. You can easily reach it:
- By Air: The nearest airport to Bhatkal is the Mangalore International Airport. Previously known by the name of Bajpe Airport, this airport offers both domestic as well as international flights. It is situated at a distance of about 75 km from Bhatkal. You can take a taxi or cab from here to reach the Bhatkal beach.
- By Road: Bhatkal town is well linked to many of the neighboring cities via road. You can find bus services running to Bhatkal frequently. You can easily catch a bus from the major Indian cities such as Mangalore, Hubli, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Gulbarga, Bidar, and Pune.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to Bhatkal town is the Bhatkal Railway station. It is situated at a distance of about 5 km from the city center. The railway station is connected with some of the major Indian cities and towns including Jaipur, New Delhi, etc.
Best Time To Visit The Bhatkal Jali Beach In Bhatkal
If you wish to have the best experience, then it is recommended that you visit the Bhatkal Jali beach in between the months from August and March. During these months, the weather is pretty pleasant and perfect to enjoy an ideal beach day. It is best to avoid going here during summer or monsoon season as it becomes quite hot and humid.
Where to Stay Near Bhatkal Jali Beach in Bhatkal?
As far as a comfortable stay and nice accommodation are concerned, then you don’t have to worry. There are several decent hotels near Bhatkal Jali Beach which will make your visit even more memorable. Some of the options you are worth considering are
- The Royal Oak Hotel (1.22 km away from Bhatkal Beach),
- RNS Residency Sea View (14.23 km away from Bhatkal Jali Beach), and
- R. S. Homestay Murdeshwar (13.22 km away from Bhatkal Jali Beach).
Places To See Near The Bhatkal Jali Beach In Bhatkal
If you are in for some great sightseeing, then a trip to Bhatkal Beach will be far from disappointing for you. The town in itself houses many popular tourist attractions to visit in Karnataka. There are many good places worth – visiting lying in close proximity to Bhatkal Beach. They are:
- Jog Falls: Lying at the borders of Shimoga and North Kanara, these waterfalls are believed to be the tallest waterfalls in the entire country of India. Nestled amidst the lush greenery of the dense evergreen forests, they are a mesmerizing sight to watch. Bhatkal Jali Beach to Jog Falls distance is 100 kms.
- Murudeshwar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva, the temple attracts the attention of devotees from all over the country due to its stunning idol. It houses a stunning 123 feet high statue of Lord Shiva. Situated at the top of the Kanduka Hill, visiting this temple is worth – it. Bhatkal Jali Beach to Murdeshwar Temple distance is 15 kms.
No matter whether you wish to spend a relaxing day on the beach or go sightseeing, a trip to Bhatkal Jali beach will prove to be a refreshing experience.