Top 10 Homestays For Perfect Vacation in Chikmagalur (2020)
Chikmagalur, one of the lesser-known sisters of Coorg has become a hotspot for nature lovers. It is located far away from the noise and pollution of metropolitan cities.
Chikmagalur is truly a serene destination. It is a place where you can explore giant falls, amazing valleys, scenic nature views, gorgeous lakes, ancient architecture, vast coffee plantations, and maybe you’ll also explore yourself here, lost in the cloudy hills of Mullayanagiri.
Mullayanagiri also happens to be the highest peak of the state of Karnataka. And while exploring a place such as this, nothing could be better than waking up in the middle of a forest surrounded by trees and birds chirping early in the morning and the smell of coffee plantations to accompany you along with a river or fall flowing in front of your Homestay. Chikmagalur is truly an enchanting place, and to discover any destination, you need an affordable place, as your base camp.
Chikmagalur has many homestays; hence we have compiled a list of the best homestays in Chikmagalur, so you don’t have to worry about going through all the websites.
Top 10 Homestays For Perfect Vacation in Chikmagalur
1. Coffee Mist Homestay
One of the most premium and the best accommodation one can find in Chikmagalur. This is the best option to stay amid green hills and the coffee estate of Western Ghats. It offers flexible room sharing facilities, with 1 room for double sharing and 4 rooms for triple sharing and even a dorm room if you are visiting with a larger group.
- The food served here is the best in class with local Malnad taste in both veg and non-veg categories.
- There is an evening bonfire so that you sit under the stars and enjoy the warmth of the night.
- The owners provide a sightseeing facility so you can have a chat with them. They offer their services for ₹ 2,500 (INR) per adult.
2. Waterfall Homestay
- With lush green mountains and a private waterfall flowing behind the Homestay, this is probably the best Homestay in Chikmagalur.
- It has the most picturesque natural beauty and a soothing ambiance with top-notch cottages and comfortable rooms.
- There are several activities which you can pursue like a tug of war, mud kabaddi, kayaking, water zip line, and so much more.
- And if you want something calmer and pacifying, you can always take a walk in the plantation or pursue bird watching in the prolific green forest.
- There are small treks around the homestays, and you can compensate for the calories burned by the delicious Malnad cuisine and barbeques in the evening.
- This property is located at Avathi Post in Chikmagalur, and you can book it for a price starting at ₹ 1,650.
3. Cottage Homestay
- Chikmagalur is one of the most famous hill stations in the Western Ghats, and this Homestay lets you make the most of it at an affordable price.
- This Homestay boasts of the best hill and field view of the Chikmagalur Mountains as it is located in the valley and will help you refresh your soul.
- It has both indoor and outdoor games to keep yourself busy during the day and conducts bonfire at night with music.
- It is the most pocket-friendly option for you to escape the hustle and bustle of city life at just ₹ 1,250.
You’ll find the host to be very welcoming, and the aura of this place will make you forget the worries of life.
4. Thippanahalli Homestay
This premium homestay will make you feel comfortable, cared for, and content. This lavish heritage bungalow in the hills of Chikmagalur will make your trip memorable.
- The hosts are a sweet couple who take care of every need of their guests.
- They provide all varieties of food with utmost love so that you can unwind and relax.
- It is very well furnished and maintained, and most of the tourist spots are nearby.
- It houses a lovely garden for you to explore and maybe spend some time in the garden.
- The Homestay costs around ₹ 2,800 per night and could vary with season.
5. Thotadhahalli Homestay
- Thotadhahalli Homestay is snuggled in the Mullayanagiri hills and leaves you enchanted with this beautiful place. The natural beauty around this Homestay will leave you enthralling.
- This Homestay is a very artistic place with beautiful wooden architecture and antique design located in the foothills of the Mullayanagiri.
- They offer free breakfasts with delicious American style cuisine. You’ll always find soothing songs being played while the guests have their meals.
- They have excellent service and well-maintained rooms since it is newly renovated.
They also provide board games for the guests, and you can always go for walks around the coffee plantation, and if you are lucky, you’ll find them harvesting the crop. You can book this Homestay for approx. ₹ 3,000 per night.
6. Devigiri Homestay
If you are looking for a budget option while living in the countryside and experiencing the authentic Malnad traditions, Devigiri Homestay is the best alternative.
- They offer camps, bungalows, and regular rooms, depending on your preference and budget.
- Experience living in real wildlife situated deep inside the forest with spectacular views.
- Moderately hygienic with well-maintained rooms and excellent staff.
- You can book a place for approx. ₹ 1,200 per night.
7. Guddadamane Homestay
Guddadamane Homestay is the best homestay in Chikmagulur if you are looking for a pocket-friendly option away from the city and want to spend some time in solitude.
- This Homestay is a heritage site with a well-maintained room over 150 years old.
- They serve local Malnad home-cooked cuisine.
- There is a lot of open space around the Homestay for you to play games or take a walk or plan hikes around the Homestay.
- You can sit and relax in the beguiling sun while enjoying the serenity of the coffee plantations.
- You can find this place on various websites for different prices, some starting from as low ₹ 1,300.
8. Greendale Homestay
This Homestay is located in a private estate in one of the most tranquil places in Chikmagalur.
- It has a beautiful view of the hills and valleys and still happens to be a little secluded from the crowd giving you a perfect atmosphere to relax.
- The hosts themselves prepare the food and cater to your every demand.
- The rooms in the main bungalow are very spacious and are well maintained and hygienic.
- There is also a bonfire spot if you are a bigger group and want to spend some time chatting under the starry night.
- The view of the coffee estate is breath-taking, and the best part if you can book it for approx. ₹ 1,800 onwards.
9. Athithi Homestay
If you are planning to visit Chikmagalur at a budget and want the best location for your family or friends, Athithi Homestay is the best we could offer.
- The big spacious rooms which are very well maintained and hygienic.
- The caretaker of this Homestay cooks excellent Malnad dishes and also all the chicken items you’d want.
- It is built close to many of the tourist attractions.
- They also arrange a bonfire for one night. You can avail of the facilities of this Homestay for ₹ 2,300 per night, depending on your time of visit.
10. Coffee Land Homestay
Coffee Land Homestay offers the most luxurious experience providing a warm and pristine environment for you to enjoy the serenity of Chikmagalur.
- Located between the vast coffee gardens of Chikmagalur is one of the best homestays.
- They provide all basic amenities needed for your stay with spacious rooms.
- They have one of the friendliest staff to make you stay more comfortable.
- Coffee Land Homestay also has the best scenic views of the gorgeous Western Ghats.
- The price starts from ₹ 2,000 per night, but it is worth every penny.
Chikmagalur is one of the most heavenly abodes in the Western Ghats, and to experience its surreal nature, it is vital to select the right Homestay for your friends and family. We would suggest you look at the amenities they offer since there is not much of a price difference between each property. You have come here to explore and experience nature, and getting a place at the right price is so important. This way, you will be able to spend the extra cash on different activities. In Chikmagalur, the price of a homestay increases with location; hence you can find very expensive homestays secluded in the forest near a river or waterfall or cheaper options with all the amenities near the city. You don’t need much when you’re enjoying the beauty of Chikmagalur, so just come here and recharge and rejuvenate your soul from the crazy city life.