Visit Gokarna: Best Time and Places to Visit, How Many Days Are Enough For A Vacation In Gokarna? (2021)
Often, amidst the stress and anxiety, our souls want to break through and take a fresh breath. To consider, Gokarna comes up as one of the best places to visit in Karnataka because of the exquisite pilgrimage locations and pristine beaches it has in stock to offer the tourists. If you have been living under the rocks and have no idea how to plan a trip to Gokarna, then head to our guide below.
Best Time To Visit Gokarna
Unlike other places, Gokarna is a place that can be explored throughout the year. However, those who want to enjoy a bit of comfort and everything else, October to February, can be the best time to visit Gokarna. During this time of the year, the weather remains quite comfortable and not at all humid. Compared to it, March to May happens to be quite hot and sultry to roam around and explore Gokarna. Considering June to September is not a good decision because the water levels tend to increase during the monsoon season.
How Many Days Are Enough For A Vacation In Gokarna?
If you are here to plan a two-day trip, then you must tick off Gokarna from your list right now. There are ample must-visit places in Gokarna, including temples, nature, and unique monuments that cannot be omitted from the list. Apart from that, visiting the beaches remains a major attraction, and thus you would need at least 4 to 5 days to complete the full trip to Gokarna.
How to Reach Gokarna?
Gokarna stands out to be one of the major cities in Karnataka and thus reaching there is not a fuss. It is quite well-connected to Karnataka’s major cities, and whether you want to come by air, road, or rails, you can fulfill your wish without coming across any hassle.
- By Air: You can come to Gokarna by air via Dabolim airport in Goa, which is located just 3.5 hours away from the central city. Once you drop in Gokarna, you can book a taxi, get a cab, or even a bus to reach the city.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to Gokarna is the Gokarna Road, and it is only located at a distance of 10 kilometers from the Gokarna city. You can also avail of trains to the Ankola Railway Station, located only 20 kilometers from the city boundary.
- By Road: If you want to visit Gokarna via road, you can do so without any hassle. It is well connected to many other cities in Karnataka. From direct buses to cabs and even taxis, these routes provide all the city options. You can even drive to the city on your own as the roads are constructed well.
9 Amazing Places to Visit in Gokarna
Here are some of the best places for you to explore during your trip to Gokarna:
- Mahabaleshwara Temple – Popular as the temple of Lord Shiva, the Mahabaleshwara Temple in Gokarna is a classic piece dating back to the Dravidian period. The ancient ruins are quite fascinating to explore and calm the soul completely.
- Kudle Beach – Amidst all the places to visit in Gokarna, Kudle Beach is the most popular one and located at a distance of 20 kilometers, covered just by walking. The rustic feel and authentic factor will even double up as the tourists will get a chance to explore the small huts and eat at the sideway stalls.
- Gokarna Beach – Located in close proximity to the Mahabaleshwara Temple, Gokarna Beach is what seeks the tourist to take a splash and refresh their mind. You can also indulge in several watersports activities or enjoy playing games at the beach. Image Source
- Yana Caves – If you love hiking or trekking, Yana Caves comes up as the ideal place to explore in Gokarna. Surrounded by the hills and green nature all around, Yana Caves can enchant you to every bit of it.
- Koti Tirtha – Amidst all the places, the Koti Tirtha stands out to be one of the holiest places in Gokarna. Every year, tourists flock to Koti Tirtha to delve into the place’s spirituality and take a holy bath to wash off all sins. Moreover, the place is also surrounded by a series of temples which is worth a watch.
- Om Beach – Shaped like “Om,” the Om Beach in Gokarna provides ample scopes of adventure for the enthusiasts and attracts tourists from worldwide directions. Besides, the beach also offers immense scopes of adventure for those who love to enjoy the thrill. Also, if you like to indulge in some activities, you get the scope here as well.
- Paradise Beach – It stands out to be the fourth beach in Gokarna. The beach’s unique factor is that seventy percent of the beach is covered with rocks and pebbles, which are not usually seen in beaches.
- Half Moon Beach – It is the other name of Paradise Beach. It got its name from its shape, which is shaped just like a half-moon. The pristine white sand of the beach and the serene atmosphere makes you feel stress-free.
- Namaste Cafe – Being one of the most picturesque cafes in the city, Namaste Cafe offers finger-licking foods. The foods served here are one of the best in the city, and you definitely cannot miss out!
Things To Do in Gokarna
Wondering whether you will be bored during your Gokarna trip? Not at all because there are a bunch of activities that you can indulge in during your trip.
- Enjoy Water Sports – Indulge in many water sports activities, including paragliding, kayaking, and surfing.
- Attempt Beach Trekking – Several ranges surround the beach where you can attempt trekking and feel the adrenaline rush.
- Shopping in the City – Gokarna offers a great collection to shop in the flea markets. You can find everything there, from jewelry to bangles and even unique souvenirs.
After reading our guide to visiting Gokarna, there is certainly no doubt as to why it is regarded as one of the best tourist places to visit in Karnataka. From beaches to temples, food to fashion, you can avail of anything and everything during your trip to Gokarna.