Explore the Amazing Karwar Beach in Karnataka (Rabindranath Tagore Beach) (2020)
Situated on the banks of the mighty river Kali, lies the city of Karwar. Serving as the administrative headquarters of Uttara Kannada district in the Indian state of Karnataka, the city has recently witnessed a dramatic increase in its popularity. This beautiful seaside town located on the western coast boasts of housing several stunning top tourist places to visit in Karnataka. With its scenic landscapes, clear backwaters, serene beaches and rugged hills, the city of Karwar will make you fall in love with itself. As far as beaches are concerned, the city of Karwar is quite rich. In fact, one of the main reasons why so many people visit Karwar all-round the year is because of its scenic beaches.
One such gorgeous and unblemished beach in the city is the Karwar beach. Also known as the Rabindranath Tagore Beach, this one is surely a gem. With vast, smooth white sands sprawling over large areas and the crystal – clear blue waters shining under the sun rays, Karwar beach is the perfect destination for all those who wish to spend some relaxing moments amidst natural serenity nearby the shores. In this article, we have gathered all the important information about the Karwar beach which you should know before actually visiting it.
Why Should You Visit The Karwar Beach In Karwar?
Karwar beach with its long stretches of fine smooth sand, serene waters and series of other recreational activities, proves to be just the perfect place to relax, rejuvenate and unwind. Attracting the attention of a number of people from across the country, the beach witnesses a huge crowd. Probably, it is due to its great contribution in the promotion of Tourism of Karwar city, that the beach is considered as one of the top tourist places to visit in Karnataka. No matter whether you are going solo, with family, kids or special someone, the beach will provide an ideal setting for all. Some of the reasons why you should visit the Karwar beach are:
- A Plethora Of Recreational Activities: The beach makes sure that its visitors have a relaxing and fun time on its premises. Hence, a plethora of recreational activities are organised here. Some of them include a planetarium, musical fountain, toy train, aquarium, and a beautiful park.
- Swimming: Since the waters of the Karwar beach do not possess any sudden depths, it proves to be ideal for swimming as well. A lot of people come here to take a dip in the refreshing waters of the Karwar beach, go swimming and have a relaxing sunbathing experience.
- Scenic Beauty: Other than the smooth sand and serene waters, the beach boasts of offering mesmerising views. Witnessing the sunrise and sunset views of the Kali bridge from the Karwar beach is nothing short of a magical experience. Hence, the beach can be a bit crowded during the evening hours.
- Exceptional Facilities: The Karwar beach boasts of providing its visitors with a variety of thrilling water sport activities. There are professionals available at the beach too, so you can easily take their help. Another thing for which the beach is famous for is its seafood. It is prepared in many different styles along with coconut and spice.
The Karwar Beach Timings
There are as such no specific timings for visiting the stunning Karwar beach. It is open always for visitors. So, you can visit it anytime. However, due to safety reasons most of the travellers prefer to visit the Karwar beach in between 6 AM till 8 PM. Also, the different activities organised on the beach have their own timings.
What Is The Best Way To Reach The Karwar Beach?
Karwar is pretty well – connected city. So, as far as your worries about travelling issues are concerned, you can lock them up and throw them far away. You can reach this popular tourist place in Karnataka by:
- By Air: The nearest airport to reach the Karwar beach is the Goa International airport. This airport in Goa is situated at a distance of 60 miles from Karwar. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a cab to cover the rest of the way and reach your final destination.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to reach the Karwar beach is located in the city itself. Hence, Karwar Railway station is pretty close by. Moreover, it is connected by Konkan railways to many other cities across the country. You can hop on Konkan railways and reach Karwar easily.
- By Road: You will be pleased to know that Karwar is well – accessible by roads as well. You can easily reach it from all major nearby cities including Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune and Mangalore. Bus service is also available from many cities. The nearest bus stand is the Karwar bus station which is just about 1 to 2 km away from the beach.
Best Time To Visit The Karwar Beach In Karwar
Karwar beach is one naturally scenic beauty. Hence, no matter whenever you visit the beach, it will not miss to capture you in its charm. Though you can visit the beach whenever you wish but it is often recommended that for the best experience, one should visit the place in between the months of September and May. During this time the weather is perfect for sightseeing.
Where To Stay Near The Karwar Beach In Karwar?
Since there is a wide variety of options available for homestays, eco – resorts as well as hotels in Karwar city, you don’t have to worry about finding an appropriate accommodation. Some of the best staying options that you can consider are Devbagh beach resorts by Jungle Lodges (about 6 km away), Sterling Karwar (about 2.5 km away) and the Olive Garden resort (about 7.5 km away).
What Are The Different Places To See Near Karwar Beach?
If you are done exploring and relaxing on the beach and want to indulge in some sightseeing, then you would be pleased to know that many interesting tourist places are located nearby Karwar beach. Some of them you can try are:
- INS Chapal Warship Museum: Located closely to the Karwar beach, this museum is a must visit place for all those who wish to gather more information about wars, submarines and the contributions of army.
- Karwar Aquarium: If you are interested in aquatic life and wish to know more about it, then Karwar aquarium is a must – visit place for you. Located nearby the Karwar beach, this aquarium houses around 30 different fish species.