4 Best Budget, 4 Mid-Range, and 3 Luxury Hotels in Wayanad To Create Wonderful Memories (2021)
Want to experience the unique combination of untouched woods and misty mountains? There is no better place than Wayanad to spend a few days away from the urban chaos. Known for being the Spice Garden of India, Wayanad is home to orchards of different spices such as Black Pepper, Star Anise, Black Cumin, and so on. What adds to the spices of spices here is the coffee plantation. Wayanad is also home to the largest earth dam in the country, national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, etc. Here is a list of the best budget, mid-range, and luxury hotels that make your Wayanad experience even smoother.
4 Best Budget Hotels in Wayanad
1. Thejas Resorts: Want to experience traditional Kerala mansions? Thejas Resorts in Kattayad is the best place then. You’ll be simply amazed to experience the grandeur of the wooden construction of these traditional mansions here. Allowing you to rejuvenate amidst nature, this property is one of the best budget hotels that you will find in Wayanad. During your stay here, don’t miss traditional preparations such as Banana Jackfruit Curry.
Location: Vinayaka Hospital Road, Kattayad, Sultan Bathery, Kerala 673592
Phone: 04936 220 688
Approximate Tariff Range: Rs 3000 to Rs. 5000
2. Green Gates: Green Gates is another popular name when it comes to budget hotels in Wayanad. Located in Kalpetta, this resort adorns itself with tastefully decorated rooms that surround themselves with lush patches of greenery. Besides having courteous staff, this resort features a pool and a wide variety of food options as well. Shall you desire to stay close to nature, this is the best budget resort option that you have.
Location: T.B. Road, Kalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala
Phone: 04936 202 001
3. Grassroots: Grassroots is one of the most popular budget accommodation options for those who prefer to stay in tents. Located in Kalpetta, this resort features luxury tents that allow you to simply look at the starry skies and have a priceless experience. The resort also organizes midnight jeep safaris which you shouldn’t miss. These safaris take you to the Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary. Not only can you explore the scenic trails here but also can go for bamboo rafting.
Location: Grassroots Koilery Kunnu via Pinangode Pozhuthana Post Wayanad District, Kalpetta, Kerala
Phone: 088847 33188
4. Mount Xanadu Resorts: Located in Cheengiri Hills, Mount Xanadu Resorts is one of the most popular budget resorts that are known for letting you experience spectacular sunrise and sunset. This resort on a private hilltop adorns itself with a wide variety of rooms including river view rooms, lake view rooms, and cave rooms. Rooms here feature modern amenities that make your stay even more comfortable.
Location: Cheengeri hills, Heritage Museum Road, Ambalavayal, Kerala
Phone: 073061 71460
4 Best Mid-Range Hotels in Wayanad
1. The Wave: Located in Ambalavayal, the Wave is known for offering spectacular views of the surrounding nature. The waterfront location of this property makes it easier for you to rejuvenate your soul. In addition, the elegance of the resort ensures an unforgettable stay. Besides having a diverse range of food options, the friendly staff here make sure that you have a wonderful experience. Don’t forget to experience the fish spa and infinity pool here.
Location: Odavayal Lake side, Ambalavayal, Kerala 673593
Phone: 090723 17772
2. Pepper Trail Resorts: Located in Sultan Bathery, Pepper Trail Resorts is surrounded by a sprawling coffee plantation. Unraveling the rejuvenating opportunity for you to experience the essence of antiquated times. The treehouses on gigantic jackfruit trees remain at the heart of the thrilling experience here. Offering superlative hospitality, this resort further adorns itself with a 140-year old bungalow. Here you can go kayaking as well.
Location: Mangalam Carp Estate Chulliyode, Sulthan Bathery-Chulliyode Road, Sultan Bathery, Kerala
Phone: 095622 77000
3. Wayanad Silverwoods: Located in Kalpetta, Wayanad Silverwoods is one of the most popular mid-range hotels in Wayanad. The view of the Banasura Sagar Lake gives you the opportunity to experience a heavenly atmosphere. Shall you desire to go for walks, you can also go on the forested pathways here. Apart from experiencing traditional Spanish tapas bars, you should go for bird-watching and tribal village tours here.
Location: Vythiri -Tharuvana Road, Manjoora P.O, Pozhuthana, Kalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala
Phone: 097464 75714
4. Banasura Hill Resort: Located in Vellamunda, Banasura Hill Resort is a popular option among tourists. Spread across 15 acres, this resort adorns itself with the view of Banasura Sagar. Adorning itself with tastefully designed rooms, this resort makes you feel at home.
Location: Vellamunda, Wayanad, Kerala 670731
Phone: 095397 01354
3 Best Luxury Hotels in Wayanad
1. Vythiri Village Resort: Located near Vythiri town, the Vythiri Village Resort is known for being one of the best 5-star rated resorts in Wayanad. Spread across 22 acres, this resort adorns itself with lush greenery. Creating a unique combination of luxury amidst nature, this resort lets you wake up to the pleasing aroma of spices and fresh coffee. Also, they offer a number of activities for you which include zip-lining, stream walks, cycling, and archery.
Location: NH-212, Near Vythiri Town, Vythiri P.O, Wayanad, Kerala
Ph: +91 9388202122, +91 9388256723, +91 8086622246, +91 8086622217, +91 8086622276
2. The Windflower Resort & Spa: Being one of the most popular resorts in Wayanad, the Windflower Resort and Spa is known for its location on a small hill. Embellishing itself with well-appointed rooms, this resort features traditional Kerala design rooms. Besides having courteous staff, this resort unravels the opportunity for you to go on a gastronomic journey. You can also participate in one-day cooking sessions here with the chef.
Location: Annapoorna Estate, Survey No. 40/ 2B, Resurvey No. 330/1, Vythiri Taluk, Achoornam, Kerala 673575
Phone: 099014 46666
3. The Raviz Resort & Spa Kadavu: Located in Azhinjilam, the Raviz Resort and Spa Kadavu is known for its elegance. Besides featuring modern amenities, the spa and yoga centre at the resort provides you with the opportunity to unwind yourself. The in-house Keraleeyam Restaurant offers some of the most delectable local delicacies.
This hotel is at a distance of approximately 85 kms from Wayanad/
Location: Calicut Bypass, Road, Azhinjilam, Kozhikode, Kerala
Phone: 0495 241 1111
When you need an escape from the mundane life, Wayand in God’s Own Country welcomes you with extended arms. Besides letting you reinvigorate in a tranquil atmosphere, this hill station allows you to explore mountains, paddy fields, waterfalls, and so on. Stay at these 11 budget, mid-range, and luxury hotels in Wayanad to make your trip an unforgettable one.