Visit Eco Park in Cherrapunji: Timings, Entry Fees, FamousAttractions Close To The Park, Time Required (2021)
Cherrapunji, one of the wettest known places on the planet, is endowed with beautiful flora and fauna. A place not only for adventure lovers but nature lovers as well. Waterfalls, caves, and other scenic spots are integral to Cherrapunji and its beauty.
About the Eco Park:
Eco Park was established by the Government of Meghalaya to enable the tourist to enjoy the green valleys of the area and the surrounding Seven sister waterfalls. Beautiful native and hybrid orchids are found in the Eco Park in Cherrapunji. You can find shelters like a children’s play area, monoliths, viewpoints, footbridges, water conservation structures. The railing in the park guides the way through the park. Image Source
There is a calmness and peaceful environment with a soft breeze blowing. A nice view of the exotic Sylheti plains of Bangladesh can be seen from the park on a clear sky day. The popular Nohsngithiang Falls originate from the southern corner of the Eco. The breath-taking views from this park are just one of a kind experience.
- Timings – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Time Required – 2-3 hours
- Entry Fees – INR 10
5 Famous Attractions Close To Eco Park in Cherrapunji
- The Seven Sisters Waterfall – The fourth highest waterfall in India, Nohsngithiang Falls (Also known as Mawsmai Falls), is popularly known as the Seven Sisters waterfalls as it has seven segments. The vibrant colors of the setting sun on the waterfalls make for an incredible view.
- Mawsmai Cave – An amazing limestone cave, which is very popular among the tourists in Cherrapunji. The cave has proper lighting for tourists to explore the cave. An area of only 150 meters is open for the tourists. The size of the cave differs as you move forward, and there will be places where one needs to bend and squeeze to move ahead. Water is constantly dripping from the roof.
- Nohkalikai Falls – India’s highest falls in the lush green forests, which makes for a stunning view. This waterfall is a very photogenic waterfall, and there are a lot of activities that can be planned like trekking, camping, bird watching, landscape photography, swimming when visiting these falls.
- Thangkharang Park – One of the most famous tourist sites in Cherrapunji. Very rare and exotic orchids and some rare species of plants specific to this place are found in this park. A spellbinding view of the plains of Bangladesh can be seen from Eco Park in Cherrapunji.
- Ka Khoh Ramhah – A majestic and famous picturesque spot. It attracts numerous tourists and is a very common and trendy picnic destination. This place is also known by the names Mothorp and Pillar Rock. The rock’s shape is similar to that of an inverted giant cone. There are two small rocks in the same shape bounding the larger rock. It is believed that the rock is haunted by an evil spirit. A must-visit for all adventure seekers.