Qila Mubarak, Bathinda Travel Guide: History, How to Reach, Timings, Entry Fee, Nearby Attractions (2023)
Qila Mubarak of Bhatinda is one of the oldest historical monuments of India. It is in the heart of the city of Bathinda in the state of Punjab. As per a recent survey by the Archaeological Survey of India, it is recognized as a monument of national importance. Qila Mubarak is maintained and taken care by Archaeological Survey of India.
Qila Mubarak’s existence has been since 1100-1200 AD and is considered to be the oldest surviving fort in the country. This well-known fort is the place where the first woman Sultanate, Razia Sultan, was incarcerated, defeated, and dethroned. The bricks of Qila Mubarak are still shining and intact as they were doing during the Kushana period. According to Historians, Raja Dab, along with king Kanishka, built the fort.
The History Related To Qila Mubarak
It is believed that Qila Mubarak, Bhatinda, was built by Raja Dab during the Kushana reign between 90-110 AD. He was the ancestor of Vena Pal. The idea of making the fort by the king was to protect themselves from the Huns, who used to invade their territory. Since coming down the years, the defense has undergone many types of changes by many rulers. Razia Sultana was the first ruler who was imprisoned in this Qila.
According to Hindu Chronicles of Kashmir Qila Mubarak, Bathinda was known to be Jaipal’s capital. It was captured by Mahmud of Ghazni. The fort has 36 bastions and a height of about 18 feet. For many miles around, Qila Mubarak was the only visible and attractive landmark.
How To Reach Qila Mubarak In Bathinda?
Address: 4144, Qila Rd, Old City, Bathinda, Punjab 151001
Qila Mubarak lies in the middle of the city of Bathinda; therefore, you can easily reach there by booking an auto or a car. Following these various modes of transport will make it easy for you to get to Bathinda.
- Via Train- Traveling by train is by far the best way to reach Bathinda. The primary reason behind many people coming via train is it is cheaper and affordable. You will find a considerable amount of trains that connect Bathinda to other parts of the country, which makes it easier to travel. Bathinda being a big junction provides a significant benefit to travelers. The New Delhi to Bathinda intercity express and the Dadar to Amritsar express are some of the well-known trains that run through the city.
- Via Flight- The airport nearest to Bathinda is Chandigarh, and the distance between them is 166 kilometers. The other nearest airport to Bathinda is Amritsar which, is like 177 kilometers away. Both these airports have frequent flights from every metropolitan city. So, you can even opt to travel by air to Bathinda.
Timings of Qila Mubarak In Bathinda
Qila Mubarak in Bhatinda is open 24 Hours.
Entry Fee: Free
Other Places That You Can Explore In Bathinda
- Rose Garden- Stretched in a spacious area of forty thousand square meters, Rose Garden in Bathinda is visible easily from the famous thermal power plant. It is almost near to the famous Qila Mubarak. Unlike other rose gardens, it is also a house to a variety of rose species with different colors and designs. This place is the best to cheer up the kids.
- Lake Bathinda- If you are planning to visit Qila Mubarak and have nothing to do besides that, then you can see Lake Bathinda to have some fun. Lake Bathinda gives you a lovely view of the city of Bathinda. You can even click as many as pictures you want for great memories. Qila Mubarak to Lake Bhatinda distance: 7 kms.
- Mittal City Mall- If you are tired of all these sightseeing and want to relax, you can visit the Mittal city mall in Bathinda. It is like half a kilometer away from Qila Mubarak. You can relax here, eat your favorite dishes in the café, and even you can shop your heart out in the mall. Qila Mubarak to Mittal City Mall distance: 3 kms
- Lakhi Jungle- Lakhi Jungle is located just within 15 kilometers from the Qila Mubarak in Bathinda. Lakhi jungle houses a Gurudwara where Sikh guru Guru Nanak Dev elaborated 1 lakh holy paths of Japuji Sahib. Almost every person visiting Bathinda makes sure of visiting this Gurudwara for gaining internal peace and love. The 9th and 10th Sikh Gurus, i.e., Guru Teg Bahadur and Guru Gobind Singh, have also been to this place in their lifetime. So, make sure you include visiting this jungle in your trip as it is one of the most slots in Bathinda that provides traverse green lanes along with wildlife. Qila Mubarak to Lakhi Jungle distance: 19 kms
- Takht Sri Damdama Sahib- Shri Guru Gobind Singh was the founder of the Takht Sri Damdama Sahib. It is one of the five famous Sikh Takhts. It is not so far from Qila Mubarak in Bathinda. According to many historians, Guru Gobind Singh rested here after the battle of Muktsar. Hence, the name meaning testing place came into existence. This much known place is where the Guru made copies of the holy book Guru Granth Sahib. The Gurudwara’s proclamation is a sacred place now, and every day many religious people of Bathinda visit this place. If you are interested in delivering deep inside the story of this Gurudwara, then make sure of visiting this place on your Bathinda trip. Qila Mubarak, Bathinda to Takht Sri Damdama Distance: 30 Kms
- Pir Baba Haji Rattan- Your trip to Bathinda is incomplete without admiring the intricate beauty of the Mazar of Pir Baba Haji Rattan. This place is a reflection of the multicultural dialects of Punjab. It even shows that there is no discrimination for any other religion. The doors of this holy place are always open for you; it never discriminates based on caste, creed, or religion. Every year in December, a fair is conducted in the proclaimed name of Haji Ratan at a Gurudwara nearby. If you are ever planning to visit Bathinda, always visit this place. Qila Mubarak to Haji Rattan Gurudwara distance: 2 kms.
The state of Punjab is one of the holiest and liveliest places to visit in India. You will get every chance of enjoying it without compromising on the essence of aesthetics. If you want to see a countryside place or something unique on your next trip, then there is no better place than Qila Mubarak in Bathinda. Qila Mubarak is one of the best places to visit with a lot of rich history, which may interest you. So, what are you looking for? Get ready and pack your bags along with your dear ones to visit the remarkable place. Anyhow the situation may be, we are always at your service for giving the best guidance about Qila Mubarak. Feel free to contact us anytime for making your trip overwhelming.