12 Best Budget and Luxury Hotels To Stay In Gangtok (2020)
Gangtok, a spellbinding hill station in Sikkim, is one of the most ravishing places that one will come across in the eastern Himalayas. The equanimity of the place is a way to get away from hard-pressed life. The bodacious weather, snow-clad mountains, greenery covering the roadside and the tranquillity and the serenity of the place make it one of a kind. Today, it is one of the most visited cities in Northeast India. Due to the growing popularity, there are a number of the best budget and luxury hotels to stay in Gangtok. People can choose from a variety of options, depending on their budget and itinerary.
There are many illustrious places to visit in Gangtok like the Ranka Monastery, Tsomgo Lake, Nathula Pass, Hanuman Tok and many more. This beguiling hill station also has Mount Kanchenjunga and multitudes of Buddhist monasteries.
Best Budget and Luxury Hotels To Stay In Gangtok
Owing to its breathtaking natural beauty and religious significance, there are many best budget and luxury hotels to stay in Gangtok. The approximate prices and the details of various best budget and luxury hotels to stay in Gangtok are-
1. The Golden Crest Hotel- Known for offering the best luxury rooms in Gangtok, the Golden Crest hotel has spacious and ravishing rooms with all the comforts and the luxuries. Situated in the heart of Gangtok, this hotel is amidst the backdrop of mountains and greenery, making it the best spot for the nature lovers. This hotel is a kilometre from the Museum at the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology and 6 kilometres from the Banjhakri Falls and Energy Park. The hotel also offers a sumptuous spread of Indian, continental and local delicacies. Its restaurant is among the best fine dining restaurants in Gangtok. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 3,817(INR), and the rating is 4.1 stars.
2. Zostel Gangtok- This hotel is a great location for dining and recreation. It is full of colours, energy and a social vibe. The colourful and the enchanting common spaces are balanced out by the elegant and peaceful dorms. The life of the Zostel is the rooftop from where an endearing sunset can be watched. The charming hills of Gangtok can be viewed from every corner of the hotel. By the evening, you shall witness the city lights shimmering at a distance. There is a minibar along with swing and carrom to keep the customers engaged. The approximate The approximate tariff of this budget hotel in Gangtok is around 1,304 INR, and the rating is 5.0 stars.
3. Hotel New Orchid and Spa- This hotel is indeed a heaven of serenity and placidity sharing a spellbinding view of Gangtok city from one side and the breathtaking view of Mount Kanchenjunga from the other side. The hotel has a delicate whisk of the contemporary design with the traditional Sikkimese architecture, making it suitable for both business and pleasure. This hotel is a 14-minute walk from a bus station and 6 kilometres from Ganesh Tok, a Hindu temple. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 3,620, and the rating is 4.2 stars.
4. Udaan Woodberry Hotel and Spa- This hotel is located amidst the scenic vision of the Burtuk valley. It has a whisk of the ethnic, tradition and the modern amenities to give a comfortable life to their customers. It is set along NH10 and is a 15 minutes’ walk from the charming Bakthang waterfall and 7 kilometres from the Himalayan zoological park. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 3,395(INR), and the rating is 4.2 stars.
5. Enchanted Forest Farm- This place is full of composure and quietness for the offbeat travellers and wanderers. It is an 18-acre forest farm stay located in Parbing (Ranka), a scenic village near Gangtok and is a fully running farm with some accommodation for guests. The guests are welcomed by the singing of the birds and the sound of the endearing waterfall nearby. The invigorating wind and the serenity of the place is a way for the guests to get away from their hectic lives and enjoy nature. A fish pond and the presence of animals like the cows and goats make the farm complete. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 5,040(INR), and the rating is 4.8 stars.
6. Sumit Namnang Courtyard and Spa- This hotel provides an excellent option for the travellers to relax in a serene climate. A wall partially surrounds it, and thus, you get a spellbinding view of the entire city from the courtyard. It is situated in Gangtok where several places of interest are present. It is surrounded by the Himalayas mountain range and is a 6-minute walk from the shops and eateries of MG Marg and 8 kilometres from both the NH310A national highway and Ganesh Tok, a Hindu temple. The guests can choose from 17 well-appointed spacious rooms with elegant atmosphere and good quality linens. The guests can relax and revitalize as the hotel has a spa on-site, campfire area and a games room as well. The multi-cuisine restaurant of the hotel serves Indian as well as International delicacies. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 4,158(INR), and the rating is 4.1 stars.
7. Muscatel Bellevue- It is set in Gangtok within 2.9 kilometres of Enchey Monastery and 2.7 kilometres of Palzor stadium. It is a great location for recreation, dining and sightseeing. Do Drul Chorten Monastery is 4.2 kilometres from the accommodation and the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology is also 4.2 kilometres from the property. The facilities include a restaurant, 24-hour front desk and room service along with free WiFi. The approximate tariff of this budget hotel in Gangtok is rupees 2,720(INR), and the rating is 4.7 stars.
8. Kashyap Kunj- The hospitality of the Sikkimese culture is visible from the fact that the Kashyap Kunj is a home away from home. There are open green areas for the guests to provide them relief from the hustle-bustle of the hectic life and dive in the sea of tranquillity. It is a pure vegetarian accommodation with spacious and elegant rooms to provide utmost comfort to the guests. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 2,541 (INR), and the rating is 4.5 stars.
9. Vatika Himalayan Resort- It is situated 1.2 miles from the Palzor Stadium and has a restaurant, a bar, free private parking and a garden. A ravishing mountain view can be seen from the resort. The lawn and banquet of the resort can accommodate 150 guests. The facilities for airport transportation and free WiFi are also available. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 3,584 (INR), and the rating is 4.2 stars.
10. The Maplewood Resort and Spa- It is a perfect holiday destination situated amidst the greenery of nature. The resort is well connected to various sightseeing destinations of Gangtok. It is located near Helipad, Gangtok is 4.7 kilometres from the Thakurbari temple and 8 kilometres from Banjhakri Falls. One can enjoy a pleasant walk to the Tashi View Point and the Bakthang Falls from the resort. The resort has a placid and serene climate. Each of the 12 guest rooms of the resort are well equipped with the modern facilities. The sumptuous cuisine of the resort is very hygienic as well. The hospitality of the Sikkimese culture is visible from the fact that there is a team of attentive staff to look for the guests. The approximate tariff of this budget hotel in Gangtok is rupees 1,387 (INR), and the rating is 3.9 stars.
11. CHAS Narayani Continental – It is located among the verdant valleys of Gangtok. The property is designed in a way to give a spectacular view of the Himalayas. There are 10 deluxe rooms with modern facilities to provide the greatest comfort to the guests. The rooms have complimentary services of tea, coffee, fresh fruits, flowers, a bottle of mineral water and free WiFi. The delicious delicacies and the laundry service of the hotel along with the luggage storage facility are also praiseworthy. It is a great location for sightseeing, recreation and dining. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 1,472 (INR), and the rating is 3.8 stars.
12. Yangthang Heritage- This hotel offers you a glimpse and taste of the Sikkimese architecture, culture and hospitality. The hotel staff is very courteous. There is a perfect whisk of modern and traditional architecture. It is located within the heart of Gangtok with the Mall road, and the various boutiques, restaurants and numerous heritage sites like the Tsuklakhang Palace and the White Hall are at a walking distance from the hotel. The large and spacious rooms provide an uninterrupted view of the Mount Kanchenjunga. The approximate tariff of this luxury hotel in Gangtok is rupees 5,443 (INR), and the rating is 4.7 stars.
The various best budget and luxury hotels to stay in Gangtok provide the means to stay and enjoy the spellbinding and endearing places of Gangtok. Capital of Sikkim, Gangtok is a hill resort which has many touristic attractions like the Mount Kanchenjunga, the third-highest peak in the world, Rumtek Monastery, Himalayan Zoological Park, Ganesh Tok, a Hindu temple, and MG Marg. Tourism is the primary source of income in Gangtok, and the best budget and luxury hotels offer a means of living for all the levels of the income groups.
The whisk of the modern facilities with the Sikkimese architecture provides a home-like feeling to the guests, and they feel like home though they are far from home. Gangtok gained popularity as a Buddhist pilgrimage site in the early 1980s. Owing to its immense fame and breathtaking natural and scenic beauty, a number of the best budget and luxury hotels have been built here.