The Ultimate Girls’ Trip to Thailand : A Comprehensive Travel Guide (2024)
Embark on an adventure like no other as we unravel the One Stop Guide to Your Ultimate Girls Trip to Thailand. Picture this: a love for solo travel, a fascination with places that exude a genuine sense of “foreign,” and an eagerness to break the myth that Thailand is only reserved for boys. Thailand beckons and it’s the ideal playground for adventurous souls, be they, women or men!
Join us in this guide as we unfold the touristy stuff and the essence of a girl gang’s dream escape. Think pristine beaches, lush greens, and a touch of extravagance – the perfect concoction for an unforgettable Thai vacation. From shopping sprees to indulging in the charm of picturesque cafes, Thailand caters to every taste. And even if you relish alternative experiences like trying their hand at Muay Thai! Here are all the details unfolding the allure of Thailand and just the beginning of the exotic wonders that await. Get ready for a journey where the extraordinary becomes the ordinary.
What Are The Perfect Destinations For A Girl’s Trip In Thailand?
Each destination in Thailand offers a distinctive flavour catering to different preferences. The quick details below will help you choose your perfect destination in Thailand for a girl’s trip:
Bangkok is the ultimate land, a truly modern city that blends seamlessly with tradition.
It is popular for endless shopping, vibrant nightlife, and cultural gems.
This serene escape is surrounded by lush landscapes.
It is popular for temples, markets, and a laid-back atmosphere.
Sandy shores and turquoise waters for the ultimate beach retreat.
It is popular for water activities, beach parties, and relaxation.
Cliffside landscapes and adventurous outdoor pursuits.
It is popular for rock climbing, island hopping, and stunning scenery.
Palm-fringed beaches and a tropical island vibe.
It is popular for luxurious resorts, waterfalls, and beachfront fun.
A small town with a hippie and artsy ambiance.
It is popular for hot springs, Pai Canyon, and local markets.
A coastal town with a royal touch.
It is popular for elegant resorts, night markets, and historical sites.
Girl Gang-Friendly Accommodations- What to Choose?
When on a girl’s trip to Thailand, here is all that you expect to enjoy while finding the right accommodation:
- Check out boutique hotels as they prioritize comfort and aesthetics, creating the perfect backdrop for a girl gang getaway.
- Stay at beachfront resorts right along the picturesque coastlines of Thailand and wake up to ocean views. A stay here is also fun for beachside amenities and water activities.
- When on a girl’s trip to Thailand, plan your stay at Wellness Sanctuaries, enjoying on-site spas, yoga studios, and wellness programs. It is ideal for those who desire for relaxation and rejuvenation in serene and health-focused environments.
- Check out female-friendly hostels with shared accommodations or private rooms. Such accommodations emphasize social spaces that facilitate connections with fellow female travellers.
- Choose to stay in traditional Thai houses or guesthouses that showcase local customs and hospitality.
- For City-Centric comfort, consider staying at hotels located in the heart of vibrant cities.
- Or stay at one of the historic residences or converted heritage buildings and enjoy a touch of nostalgia.
Our Top 3 Recommendations for Girl Gang-Friendly Accommodations in Thailand include:
- Banyan Tree, Bangkok, is an authentic luxury hotel featuring spacious rooms and impeccable service to set the tone. The highlight? The Vertigo & Moon Bar, Bangkok’s first rooftop hotspot, is perfect for a girls’ night out. When staying here, do opt for the Apsara Dinner Cruise—an exquisite river cruise with stunning night views, exceptional Thai dinner, and fantastic cocktails.
- Anantara Rasananda, Koh Phangan, is a haven blending mountains and beaches and is popular for its impeccable service and unique interiors. Every room here boasts breathtaking views. When staying here, embrace the dual personality of the resort—indulge in beachside parties with great music and fire shows, then retreat to personalized yoga sessions high up in the mountains.
- Siam Kempinski, Bangkok, is the epitome of luxury in Bangkok. The resort has everything enjoyable from foamy comfortable beds to indulgent breakfasts and multiple pools. Connected to the Siam Paragon Mall, it’s a shopper’s paradise. The resort has interconnected malls for a shopping spree, and for big girl gangs, there are spacious suites.
26 Safety Tips for Girls Travelers (and Solo Travelers) in Thailand
- Always be mindful of your surroundings and stay alert, even in seemingly safe areas.
- Keep an eye on your belongings, especially in crowded or touristy areas. Be cautious of bag snatchers, particularly on scooters.
- Be cautious with your drinks, don’t accept them from strangers, and keep an eye on them to avoid drink spiking.
- Drink responsibly, sticking to a maximum of two drinks per night. Avoid excessive alcohol intake to stay aware of your surroundings.
- Be careful with bucket cocktails, as they can be deceptively strong. Share with friends and monitor your alcohol intake.
- Use a portable safe in your hotel room to lock up valuables. Consider a product like the Pacsafe Travelsafe for added security.
- Respect local customs by dressing modestly, especially when visiting temples. Cover your shoulders and knees, and avoid revealing clothing.
- Follow proper etiquette at temples, including not taking photos in front of Buddha statues and avoiding pointing your feet at them.
- Opt for VIP buses over backpacker buses for safer and more comfortable travel.
- Enjoy the vibrant street food scene, but choose busy stalls with high turnover. Start with vegetarian options and gradually explore other choices.
- Hide money in multiple places and carry only a small amount of cash and one debit card when going out.
- Keep a spare debit card in a secure location as a backup, preferably from a different bank.
- Avoid speaking negatively about the royal family, as it can lead to legal consequences. Show respect during the national anthem.
- Be cautious of scams, especially in busy areas like Bangkok. Use reputable transportation services to avoid potential fraud.
- Exercise caution in poorly lit areas and remain vigilant when walking, especially at night.
- Anticipate encountering warm and friendly locals who are often willing to assist you. However, be mindful of fraud.
- It’s not uncommon for locals to ask if you’re travelling alone. If uncomfortable, feel free to respond discreetly, such as mentioning a friend or husband at the hotel.
- Exercise caution when sharing personal information with strangers.
- Be wary of tour guides steering you towards any tourist traps. Trust your instincts and choose group tours over private ones to minimize the risk of scams.
- Opt for group tours as they offer safety in numbers.
- Find trustworthy fellow travellers to buddy up with, enhancing both companionship and safety.
- Have a list of emergency contacts, including local authorities, the embassy, and your accommodation’s contact information.
- Trust your instincts. If a situation feels uncomfortable or unsafe, removing yourself from it is okay.
- Research reputable taxi services or use reliable transportation apps to ensure a safe journey.
- Consider dressing modestly to blend in with the local attire, particularly in conservative areas, to avoid unwanted attention.
- Stay informed about local news.
Overall, Thailand is extremely safe and welcoming for female travellers.