Port Blair City Tour
7 NIGHTS 8 DAYS (PORT BLAIR: 4 NIGHTS; NEIL: 1 NIGHT & HAVELOCK: 2 NIGHT)
On arrival at Port Blair airport, our representative will receive and escorted to the hotel. After check-in at the hotel and little relax, we proceed to Carbyn’s Cove Beach & Cellular Jail. Evening enjoy the enthralling Light and Sound Show at Cellular Jail where the saga of the freedom struggle brought alive. Overnight stay at Port Blair.
Not IncludedLunchPersonal Guide
Day 1: Port Blair – City Tour
- Corbyn's Cove Beach: The coconut-palm fringed beach, 3 kilometers away town is ideal for swimming and sun-basking. Facilities like hotel, restaurant, bar, changing room, adventure water-sports are available here. Historical remains like Japanese Bunkers can be seen on the way to this beach. The Snake Island situated just across the beach is popular for scuba diving. The Restaurant & Beer Bar run by Tourism department provides delightful cuisine at reasonable rates in a soothing ambiance on the beach.
- Light and Sound Show The Sound and Light show in the Cellular Jail narrates the saga of the Indian freedom struggle, brought alive through sound and light effect of the brutal and barbaric atrocities piled on the freedom fighters deported to these islands and incarcerated in the small cells of this jail. This show is very popular among the tourists visiting these islands.
- Cellular Jail: The Cellular jail, declared a National Memorial, is located at Port Blair which had stood as a mute witness to the most brutal and barbaric atrocities meted out to national freedom fighters, who were incarcerated in this jail. The jail, completed in the year 1906 acquired the name ‘Cellular' because it was entirely made up of individual cells for solitary confinement. It originally was a seven-block structure with three stories and a central tower acting as its fulcrum comprising of honeycomb like corridors. This jail, now a place of pilgrimage for all freedom-loving people draws everyone down memory lane to the years of freedom struggle. Jail Museum open from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon and from 1:30 pm to 4:45 pm.
Day 2: Port Blair to Excursion to Coral island & Ross Island
- North Bay: It is also called “The Gate Way to Port Blair”. This place is famous for its coral reefs, exotic verities’ of beautiful ornamental fishes and water sports activities. The breathtaking stretch of coral bed leaves you spellbound. North Bay is the foremost snorkeling point of Andaman. Apart from snorkeling and glass-bottom boat ride, scuba diving, underwater sea walk facility is also available at North Bay.
- Ross Island: It was the Capital of Port Blair during British and Japanese regime, prior to India’s Independence. It was named after Sir Daniel Ross a marine surveyor. It was nick named “The Paris of the East”. It is now under the supervision of the Indian Navy. This island is an ideal destination for nature walk amidst sylvan surroundings with deer’s, peacocks and exotic birds.
Day 3: Port Blair - SwarajDweep Island (Havelock) - Radhanagar Beach
- SwarajDweep(Havelock Island): The Island (often just called Havelock) is one of the most beautiful and largest islands of Ritchie's Archipelago and is a placid heaven like no other. Situated 57 km north east of the South Andaman with an area of 92 Sq.Kms she offers a breathe taking trail of nature expeditions. The island is primarily populated by Bengali settlers. This picturesque Island with beautiful sandy beaches and lush green forest is also rated as the seventh most beautiful island in the world. The Island also has the biggest concentration of breath-taking diving and snorkeling sites, thus acting as a paradise to marine world explorers.
Day 4: Havelock – Leisure (Optional tour: Elephanta Beach)
- Elephant Beach: Elephant Beach is one of the most beautiful places in Havelock Island which is famous for its clear water and variety of live corals & colorful fishes. One can do several other water sports activities like Glass Bottom, Snorkeling, Banana Ride, Sofa Ride etc.
Day 5: (SwarajDweep) Havelock – Kalapathar Beach - Port Blair
- Kalapathar Beach It is located in one corner of the Havelock Island surrounded by thick forests and excellent for solitude seekers and guest looking to do a bit of bird photography. The emerald seas, the tropical forests on one side of the road, the Kalapathars (black rocks) that decorates the coastline, the silken smooth silver sands and the sheer solitude makes this beach a great place to relax.
Day 6: Port Blair - Baratang
- Baratang Baratang Island is 100 Kms by road from Port Blair is between South and Middle Andaman and popular for mangrove, Mud Volcanoes and Limestone Caves. The prime attraction of the journey to the island through lush green tropical rain forest on Andaman Trunk Road and crossing water channel where boats carry vehicles. The boat ride to the Limestone Caves pass through magnificent narrow mangroves creeks.
Day 7: Port Blair – Jolly Buoy
- Jolly Buoy (Jolly Boy/Red skin) is at a distance of 29 Kms. from Port Blair covering an area of 281.5 Sq.Kms. This Marine Park made-up of open sea, creeks and 15 small and large islands, is one of the best found anywhere in the world. from where board private ferry for one of the best and beautiful place in Andaman Islands named Jollybuoy ,Viewing of race corals and underwater marine life through and snorkeling are a lifetime experience for anyone, famous for its clear water and variety of live corals and color fish which can be enjoyed through snorkeling as well as glass bottom ride.