6 Top Adventure Sports In Kochi That One Must Try (2023)
Kochi is a spellbinding place and is known for its picturesque and charismatic view. But on the other hand, there are some fraught and nail-biting areas in this place as well.
Adventure sports in Kochi are unequivocally worth a try, and the wide range of prices amongst these adventure sports will let you choose the most suitable adventure sport according to your budget, tastes, and preferences. So, hasten up yourselves and pull up your socks to enjoy the thrilling and exciting adventure sports in Kochi!
6 Top Adventure Sports In Kochi That One Must Try
Let your adventure spirits rise with these top adventure sports in Kochi:
1. Scuba Diving: Since Kochi is located on the waterfront, it is normal for it to have many water sports. So, one of the nerve-racking water sports practices in this place is scuba diving. This audacious and intrepid adventure allows you to take underwater pictures of wildlife and shoot videos as well.
This adventure lasts for about 45 minutes, and it does not require you to be an excellent swimmer. It is not a difficult task as a coach diver would also train you before you jump into the ocean. It starts and ends at the Scuba Kochi Dive Center. It is located at the statue road, Chullickal, Kochi, and the price for this activity starts from rupees 6,000 (INR). It is a must-try for all the adventure aficionados.
2. Water Skiing: While talking about water sports adventure in Kochi, water skiing stands at a great place. Here, you can take a break from your hectic and frenetic lives and dive in the sea’s tranquil and calm waves. But literally, you can enjoy the prepossessing and charismatic view of the waters. The fringe benefit of this place is the sense of security as everything here takes place under the supervision of a professional, which ensures credibility and reliance on the guests.
The activity commences from 6 am in the morning and ends till 6 to 7 pm in the evening. The spectacular view of the waves seen by flying upon them is magnetic and very arresting. The location for the activity is Cherai Beach – Munambam Rd, Cherai, Kuzhuppilly. The only thing you should be cautious about before doing this water sport is that it is a bit dizzy, and you may think twice about your diseases before trying it out. The price for this activity is quite worth it and starts from rupees 2,250 (INR) only.
3. Kayaking: It is one of the most exciting and thrilling water adventure sport to be tried out in Kochi. It will definitely lead your epinephrine to rush and will leave you startled and enthralled when the waves of water would splash upon your face, and the sweet breeze would blow up on your body.
Once you synchronize with your trainer or the professional who is sitting with you for security, the adventure would become quite amazing, soul-stirring, and rip-roaring. It also takes place during the early morning hours of 6 to 7 am. The exact location pf the adventure would be known to you only after you book for it. But the adventure takes place in Princess St, Fort Nagar, Fort Kochi, Kochi. The striking feature of this water sport adventure in Kochi is its cost, which starts from only rupees 1,000 (INR).
4. Banana Boat Ride: This action-packed activity can take place individually as well as in groups. This is one of the best adventure sports of Kochi and has a duration of 5 minutes. But, in these five minutes, you would have a gripping and an electrifying experience by viewing the beautiful shoreline while you glide over the waves in top speed in the banana-shaped boats.
This adventure sport in Kochi also starts in the early morning hours and gives you a hair-raising experience, which is impossible to forget for the rest of your lifetime. The group’s managing team is quite great as you get a confirmation voucher as soon as you book for a ride. The location for this ride is Cherai Beach – Munambam Rd, Cherai, Kuzhuppilly, Kerala. It is a very affordable, cheap, and economical ride starting from only rupees 500 (INR).
5. Beach and Backwater Cycling: If you are a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed person and a fitness aficionado, then this adventure sport has to steal your breath and get your hair raised. It also starts in the early morning hours like 7 am and comprises a trip from Fort Cochin to the rural village where you can enjoy the tranquillity and the serenity of the place. You can even interact with the locals of the place and learn about their culture and tradition.
Kochi is a charismatic place and what is better than enjoying the serenity of the place on a cycle tour, especially the backwaters and the beeches. This activity is not very daring, and you would be provided with all the safety accessories like a helmet and a gear changing bike. The location of the place is Fact QTS. C 59, PO, Udyogamandal, Eloor, Kochi. The price of this adventure sport in Kochi commences from rupees 4,800 (INR).
6. Bhoothathankettu Trekking: The place is lodged outside the village of Pindimana, at a distance of 10 km from Kothamangalam and 50 km from Kochi. This place is a dam, and this makes it a tourist destination as well. The trekking here would give you an inspiring and stem-winding spark, and the whisk of the historical and mythical background of the place unequivocally makes this place a must-visit.
This serene adventure sport enlightens your mood by showing you the enchanting greenery of the place along with the waves of the dam. It is also said that when Tipu Sultan was waiting with his army to attack Kerala near the dam, some patriotic men had opened the gates of the dam leading to a massive flood in which the army dispersed.
Thus, these hair raising, gripping, electrifying, and rip-roaring adventure sports in Kochi would, without a doubt, let the adrenaline rush inside you and would give you a break from your busy daily schedule. These adventure sports in Kochi would make you fit and lead to a boost in your self-confidence. They increase the mind and body coordination and lead to an increase in the athletes’ concentration levels. Kochi’s serene climate enables you to enjoy the calm place, along with some thrilling and rip-roaring adventures. So when you are visiting Kochi, get ready to enjoy the thrilling and exciting adventure sports in Kochi!