Top 10 Restaurants in Hawaii (2021)
Celebrated all around the globe for its amazing beaches, marine life, landscapes and architecture, Hawaii comes among the top destinations in the world to visit. But hold on, that is not all, one thing that is utterly astounding about Hawaii but is lesser known is its cuisines.
You say exotic seafood and we hear Hawaii. From Teriyaki Steaks to Chicken Katsu, almost every dish served in Hawaii, both native and foreign are worth each single penny. Infact, aren’t the names itself extremely mouth-watering? Well, not just the food but the restaurants too that serve these drool worthy dishes are worthy of this appreciation. After all, they are the reason behind all that feeling of euphoria that you experience after eating dreamy food.
Top 10 Restaurants in Hawaii
So, listed below are the top 10 restaurants in Hawaii that serve mouth-watering local Hawaiian dishes that you can try to satisfy your taste buds when you next visit the island:
- Huggo’s: Are you an appreciator of native dishes? Do you enjoy local, indigenous food more than international cuisines? Well, then Huggo’s is the perfect spot for you. Located in Kailua-Kona, Huggo’s is a family friendly restaurant that dates back to the early 1960s. It is an award-winning restaurant and serves mainly the local dishes of Hawaii. If you love a little spice in your food then Huggo’s restaurant in Hawaii just have the right food for you because they specialise in using native ingredients in their dishes. Infact, Teriyaki Steak, cooked using local spices, is their specialty. Apart from that, they also serve all sorts of sea and non-sea food with an amazing ambience as per the guest’s likings. So, if you are looking for a place that will offer scenic views with your food, then you cannot do much better than this restaurant. Location: Kahakai Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA.
- Big Island Grill: Do you generally like to go heavy on food or do you prefer a light diet? Well, if you come under the category of the former, then this restaurant is an ideal spot for you. A personal favourite of both the natives and the visitors, Big Island Grill specialises in serving Hawaiian style comfort food at an extremely affordable price. Fried fish, Saimin, Loco Mocos, French Fries and Chicken Katsu are some of the restaurants’ specialities. Located on the east side of the Big Island, Big Island Grill attracts visitors from all around the globe because of the easygoing atmosphere and the serene vibe that it offers. The only one motto of this restaurant in Hawaii is: You might have entered with an empty stomach but you won’t leave with one! Image Source
Location: Kuakini Hwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA.
- Hawaiian Style Cafe: Are you looking for a restaurant in Hawaii that serves authentic Hawaiian food made out of ancient, preserved recipes? Then, look no further than this. Hawaiian Style Cafe, as the name itself suggests serves authentic Hawaiian food savouring all the real and exotic flavours of the state. This spot on the Hilo side is absolutely amazing for local food in extra-enormous bits. Hawaii Island inhabitants begin to line up at Hawaiian Style Cafe at 7 a.m. during the weekends for huge pancakes and a morning meal that makes certain to fuel them up for a day of unwinding, surfing, or climbing. One of the state’s number one staples, Spam, is available all through the menu, so on the off chance that you’ve been searching for a spot to taste the amazing, safeguarded pork in obvious Hawaii style, look no farther than this local joint. Location: Manono St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA.
- Island Lava Java: Are you keen on a peaceful and serene ambience served with mouth watering food? Well, then with a pristine area inside the Coconut Grove Marketplace in Kailua-Kona, Island Lava Java is the perfect area of interest for you to have an easygoing Sunday early lunch. While the restaurant is most popular for its breakfast, presented with a side of superb morning waterfront views and pungent ocean breezes from the highest level of the outside bistro, don’t tragically disregard the lunch and dinner menus of the restaurant because they are equally superb. Joined with an art mixed drink menu that is heavenly without being bombastic, Lava Java can be at any time of the day or night. Location: Ali’i Drive Building, 1, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA.
- Fish Hopper Seafood & Steak: Is there anything better than a happy hour? And is there anything more better than dining at a restaurant that has the reputation of providing the longest happy hour in an area? Well, this open air feasting spot oversees Kailua Bay and furnishes an easygoing atmosphere with quality food comparable to any extravagant café available in town. The restaurant also promotes Kona’s longest Happy Hour from 2 pm – 9:30 pm consistently, highlighting bubbly drinks like the Bucket of Fire and the Flaming Volcano. It doesn’t beat watching the boats pass by while appreciating great food at a sensible cost in a tropical setting. Location: Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740-1601, USA.
- Da Poke Shack: If you are a fish lover then Da Poke Shack is a ‘heaven’ on earth for you. You ask why? Because although Da Poke Shack may look unassuming from an external view, inside you’ll locate the freshest, privately caught Hawaiian fish around. Regardless of what season or day you show up, there will in all likelihood be a line outside the entryway. In any case, don’t stress, because these folks are all used to the heavy lines and the representatives inside have seen everything. You’ll need to show up sooner than expected the day before they run out of fish; they don’t forfeit quality for amount and would prefer to trust that the boats will go out the following morning for the next slot of fresh fishes than serve less than wonderful food. Location: Ali’i Drive, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740-4614, USA.
- Lava Lava Beach Club: Just like the name, the dishes that Lava Lava serves are also unique. Lava Lava Beach Club would be your ideal spot when you want to picture easygoing seaside dining along with mesmerizing coconut trees, white sandy sea shores, and sand between your toes. Numerous guests who visit the islands for their yearly get-aways customarily have at any rate at least one dinner at Lava Beach Club, and the land where the café sits can follow its proprietorship back to 1848. Try not to miss the Bloody Mary Beach Brunch served on Sundays or the live amusement from unbelievable nearby entertainers like Henry Kapono and John Cruz. Location: Ku’uali’i Pl, Waikoloa Village, HI 96738, USA.
- Jackie Rey’s Ohana Grill: Are you a nature lover looking for an escape full of natural scenic views and amazing food? Then, you’ve come to the right spot. With areas on both the Kona and Hilo sides of the island, there truly is nothing but bad pardon for skipping dinner at Jackie Rey’s Ohana Grill. Jackie’s serves “exemplary American dishes with an island style,” and the self-depiction couldn’t be more right on the money. The menu is loaded with native and natural ingredients, freshly hand in house cut fish, local drinks, and a wine list sufficient to get the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine. Location: Kuakini Highway STE 1, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA.
- Ulu Ocean Grill and Sushi Lounge: In case you are looking to spend lavishly on one upscale dinner on the Big Island, the Ulu Ocean Grill at the Four Seasons in Kona ought to be at the first spot on your list. As indicated by Ulu, 75% of the food comes straight from the Hawaiian waters or nearby ranches, which is quite amazing considering the bounty of sushi and extraordinary fish dishes on the menu. Pair that with an exquisite sea view and administration quality supported by the Four Seasons name, it is really the ideal restaurant in Hawaii for a sentimental night out. Location: Kaupulehu Drive, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA.
- Merriman’s, Big Island: While Peter Merriman’s eateries are probably going to be found on most of the lists of best places to eat all through the country, yet the area in Waimea on the Big Island is additionally unique as this was the celebrated culinary expert’s first area and a bleeding edge of the Hawaii Regional Cuisine development that raised native cooking to incorporate the best quality combination methods and privately sourced fixings. Visitors continue to return to value the lead eatery’s unassuming, comfortable feeling, just as a chief menu featuring the best fixings that Hawaii has to bring to the table. Location: Opelo Road B, Waimea, HI 96743, USA.
FAQS on Restaurants in Hawaii:
Q1: Is Good Vegetarian Food Available in Hawaii?
Ans: Yes, a lot of very tasty and healthy vegetarian dishes are available in Hawaii. Infact, a lot of the restaurants offer alternatives to the non-veg ones with vegetarian content.
Q2: Is The Food In Hawaii Very Expensive?
Ans: No, the food in Hawaii is not very expensive. Actually, the cost depends on the place that you are dining at. Most restaurants offer great food at reasonable prices.
Q3: What Are Some Of The Famous Places To Dine At In Hawaii?
Ans: Some of the places offering great food at reasonable prices in Hawaii are Big Island, Kailua-Kona and Coconut Island Market.