Fall in Love With Goa At These 7 Restaurants (2022)
Excited for your upcoming Goa trip? Having remained under Portuguese influence for a long time, Goa today enriches its cuisine with an assortment of flavours and spices. Even though the staple food continues to be fish curry and rice, you’ll find many Goan dishes to be made of coconuts, pork, local spices such as kokum. Whether you are looking for Asian street food or Greek taverna, Goa offers it all. Here are some of the best restaurants that you must try during your stay in Goa.
Fall in Love With Goa At These 7 Restaurants
1. Calamari Bathe and Binge at Candolim: Located approximately 62 km away from the city centre, Calamari Bathe and Binge restaurant in Goa is one of the best places to enjoy a meal with a view. Whether you want to unwind on a sunbed or want to have your meal while watching gorgeous sunsets, this is undoubtedly the best place. No matter what time you come here, the panoramic views and the sound of the waves will accompany you. This family friendly restaurant is popular for offering a number of authentic Goan dishes along with delectable dishes from North Indian and Chinese cuisine.
Location: Dando Beach, Beside Santana Beach Resort, Candolim, Goa
Cost for Two: Rs 1200 onwards
What to Try? Calamari, Cocktails, Prawn Curry, Mocktails, Sea Food, Pizza, Recheado Masala
2. Mum’s Kitchen in Panaji: Operating since 1997, Mum’s Kitchen in Panaji is one of the must visit restaurant during your stay in Goa. Unraveling the rejuvenating opportunity for you to indulge in Goan legacy, this restaurant uses traditional ingredients in their dishes. This restaurant has also received an International Standards Organization Certification from Bureau Vistas meaning that they offer you the safest and freshest food. The enticing menu here will literally amaze you. Since this place attracts a diverse crowd and tends to be full at all times, please consider booking a table in advance.
Location: 854, Martins Building, Dayanand Bandodkar Street, Panaji, Goa
Cost for Two: Rs 1900 onwards
What to Try? Pork Vindaloo, Sea Food, Pomfret Curry, Sol Kadhi, Peri Peri Prawn, Prawn Curry, Fish Curry
3. Venite Bar & Restaurant in Panaji: Shall you want to indulge into authentic Goan-Portuguese cuisine in a Goan style setting, Venite Bar & Restaurant is the best place you can think of. Adorning itself with lovely marine memorabilia, this restaurant has seating arrangement on the balcony as well. Visited by tourists from different corners of the globe, this food joint paves the path for you to know more about other cultures as well. During your visit here, ask any of the waiters about the ingredients and you’ll be amazed by their in-depth knowledge.
Location: 31st January Road, Panaji, Goa
Cost for Two: Rs 1200 onwards
What to Try? Veg Platter, Stuffed Crab, Pork Vindaloo, Garlic Bread, Pork Chops, Sea Food, Stuffed Steak
4. Thalassa at Vagator: If you are looking for a restaurant by the beach in Goa, Thalassa should top your list. Popularly known for its greek delicacies, this tavern-style open air restaurant unravels the best opportunity for you to gaze at the sunset and take a bite. Overlooking the Arabian Sea, this restaurant is one of the top places in Goa to try Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. During your visit here, you must try dishes such as stuffed sardines, flaming saganaki, grilled prawns, skewers, etc. The dining experience here against the gorgeous Arabian Sea will definitely add to your memory.
Location: Small Vagator, Ozran, Vagator, Goa
Cost for Two: Rs 1800 onwards
What to Try: Meat Platter, Mocktails, Pizzas, Vegetable Moussaka, Chocolate Cake, Risotto, Baklava
5. Pousada By The Beach in Calangute: Located in Calangute, Pousada by the Beach is the perfect spot for those who want to savor a delectable meal while enjoying the spectacular views. This open-air eatery offers you a slice of Goa and offers flavorful dishes from the Konkan as well as Portuguese cuisine. Far away from the crowd, Pousada paves the path for you to please your soul with lip-smacking seafood items such as tangy vindaloo and spicy prawn xacuti. Whether you want to soak in gorgeous views or simply enjoy drinks with friends, this is undoubtedly the best place to be.
Location: Gaura Vaddo, Calangute Beach, Calangute, Goa
Cost for Two: Rs 2200 onwards
What to Try: Mojito, Peri Peri Prawn, Sea Food, Chaat, Pork Vindaloo, Pasta, Bbq Chicken
6. La Plage On Ashvem Beach: La Plage on the Ashvem Beach is known for its signature French cuisine. Adorned with a well-planned seating area, this restaurant attracts locals and tourists alike. Letting you appreciate stunning sunsets, this place is undoubtedly the best spot to rejuvenate your soul. Hidden among the palms and bushes, this restaurant has earned popularity because of its warm hospitality. Don’t want the waiting trouble? Consider booking a table in advance.
Location: Ashvem Beach, Near Papa Jolly Hotel, Ashvem Road, Ashwem, Goa
Cost for Two: Rs 1000 onwards
What to Try: Sea Food, Chocolate Thali, Chicken Burger, Beef Burger, Fries, Beef Carpaccio, Prawn Lollipop
7. Antares at Vagator: Want to experience the best of Goa? Head to Antares on the shores of Vagator. Run under the supervision of MasterChef Australia season six finalist Sarah Todd, this beach club is popular for its wood fired pizzas, day beds, and reinvigorating cocktails. Soak in the spectacular beauty of the ocean while listening to the popular music played by international artists. Made using classic cooking techniques, the foods here are an exemplary exhibition of exotic flavors. Many tourists often get confused because of the location of Thalassa which is next to Antares. But you must know that both of them have completely different vibes. It is highly recommended that you visit both of them if you have time.
Location: Small Vagator Beach, Ozran, Vagator, Goa
Cost for Two: Rs 2500 0nwards
What to Try: Bruschettas, Sangria, Calamari, Risotto, Chocolate Mousse, Mojito, Sea Foods in Goa.
Goa is much more than the sun-soaked sea beaches. Shall you want to take yourself on a gastronomic journey, you must visit some of these popular places to experience the best dining scene in the town. Whether you are looking for a beach club or a local restaurant in a Goan setting, this list has it all. Keep it handy and enjoy your trip to Goa.