When in Goa With Friends, This is What You Should Do? (2020)
Lying in the Western coast of India, Goa is known for offering limitless entertainment opportunities for youngsters. Whether you want to satisfy the adrenaline junkie inside you or revisit history, Goa offers plenty of opportunities to do everything. During your visit to Goa with friends, you must try these activities which will make your trip memorable forever.
When in Goa With Friends, This is What You Should Do?
1. Go for Fishing at Bogmalo Beach: Located 45 km away from the city centre, Bogmalo Beach is ideal for those who want to get away from the crowded beaches in Goa. Filled with tourists, the popular beaches are not the best place to be when you want to spend some time with friends in peace. Go on a full day sea fishing trip at Bogmalo beach. The friendly boat owners here make sure that you have the gear of your choice and guide you throughout. If you are lucky, you can even get your catch cooked in a traditional Goan way.
Location: Bogmalo Beach, Goa
Best Time to Visit: October to January
2. Soar to Greater Heights at Baga Beach: Located 73 km from the town, Baga Beach unravels the best opportunity for you to indulge in water sports. Many youngsters visiting Goa with friends come here to do parasailing. As you soar to greater heights, you’ll be able to enjoy the breathtaking view of nature and the serene beaches here. Tied to a speedboat, the parasail lets you fly at a height of 300 feet. While it may feel a little scary at the beginning, you start enjoying the thrill soon.
Location: Baga Beach, Goa
Best Time to Visit: October to March
3. Go for Kayaking at Baina Beach: Want to make your trip to the beachside destination even more memorable? Go for a group kayaking at Baina Beach which lies 48 km away from Goa. This beach unravels the best opportunity for you to experience adventurous water sports activities such as jet skiing, kayaking, etc. Shall you love going on a speedboat, this is the best place to do so. The 130-135 cc machines let you enjoy water sprays being splattered. All the boats here are accompanied by a trained supervisor who keeps an eye on the safety of the passengers.
Location: Baina Beach, Mormugao, Goa
Best Time to Visit: November to March
4. Go for Paragliding at Arambol Beach: Located 86 km away from Goa, Arambol Beach is extremely popular among youngsters for offering spectacular views of the Arabian Sea and paragliding activities. If you decide to go for paragliding here, you can also request for a flight videographer who will be recording your entire flight starting from take off till you land. Trained pilots will be accompanying you for the entire duration of 20-30 minutes.
Location: Arambol Beach, Arambol, Goa
Best Time to Visit: October to February
5. Trek to The Todo Waterfall: Located 20 km away from Goa, Todo Waterfall unravels the best opportunity for you to experience trekking to one of the most scenic waterfalls in Goa. The most rewarding part of this trekking is the journey to the falls during which you’ll be able to enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding. The mesmerizing cliff lets you feel closer to nature and paves the path for you to experience serenity.
Location: Todo Waterfall, Panjim, North Goa
Best Time to Visit: October to May
6. Go for Rafting at Valpoi River: If you are visiting Goa during the monsoon season with your friends, river rafting is the best way to enjoy the rain. Located at 43 km from Panjim, Valpoi lets you experience the gorgeously moody waves of the Valpoi river. Surrounded by spectacular lush greenery, this rafting is ideal for adrenaline junkies. Running for a 10 km stretch, this rafting presents you with the best opportunity to feel the powerful rapids amidst a rejuvenating setting.
Location: Valpoi, Goa
Best Time to Visit: June to October
7. Go On A Houseboat Tour: Want to make your trip to Goa with friends even more unforgettable? You should definitely go on a houseboat tour. Presenting you with a rejuvenating opportunity to reinvigorate your soul, these houseboat tours let you relish the backwaters. Besides being adorned with luxury amenities, these houseboats are equipped with modern facilities as well. You’ll also get to experience different indigenous activities and some of the best Goan delicacies.
Location: Goa Boat Cruise, Naika, Khobra Waddo, Calangute, Goa 403516
Best Time to Visit: N/A
8. Experience Spice Plantation Tour in Goa: Goa is quite popular for being home to a number of spice farms that produce a diverse range of spices. Transporting you to a refreshing land filled with aroma, these farms unravel the best opportunity for you to understand Goa’s traditional connection with spices. If you have seen spices only in powdered form, you must visit these spice farms. You’ll find most of these spice farms to be located in Ponda.
Best Time to Visit: July to March
9. Go for Crab Catching: Muddy waters of Goa unravels the best opportunity for you to catch crabs. The backwaters in Goa are popularly known for featuring this kind of activity. Better known as kobblem in local language, these traps are made by the indigenous people and used during the high tide. However, you must be patient since it takes time to capture the crabs.
Best Time to Visit: N/A
Being the party state of India, Goa unravels the best opportunity for youngsters to take a break and go on a trip that fulfills the soul. If you are visiting Goa with friends, you must do these 9 activities in order to make the most out of your trip. Whether you want to go parasailing or trek with friends, Goa offers everything that you could possibly ask for. Once you are done with these, you should definitely go on to experience the heart-throbbing nightlife that attracts thousands of visitors every year. Also, don’t forget to try the feni and authentic Goan cuisine.