Visit Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp: Why to Visit, Timings, How to Reach, Stay Options, Best Time to Visit, Places to Visit Nearby Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp (2023)
Bheemeshwari is a small town in the Mandya district of Karnataka. Located on the banks of the beautiful river Cauvery, it is nestled between the Shivanasamudra falls and Mekedatu falls. You must not judge the place from its small size rather go for its natural beauty. The town is blessed with a plethora of flora and fauna. As a result, it is pretty famous for its eco-tourism initiatives. The lush and dense forests surrounding Bheemeshwari are known to house a wide variety of wild animals including elephants, crocodiles, leopards, jackals, and so on. Image Source
Since the town is the natural habitat of the Mahseer, it also referred by people as the ‘Angler’s Paradise’. Owing to the presence of this particular fish, the town attracts the attention of a lot of fishing enthusiasts every year. If you are also a fan of fishing or wish to try your hand at it, then there can be no better tourist place to visit in Karnataka than this one. In this article, we have gathered all the necessary information which you must know before visiting this amazing fishing camp.
Why Should You Visit Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp In Bheemeshwari?
Your visit to the small town of Bheemeshwari will remain incomplete without participating in the Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp. It is believed to be one of the top-rated tourist attractions in Karnataka. There are a plethora of factors making this fishing camp a special place. Some of the reasons why you should definitely give a chance to Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp are:
- Offers A Plethora Of Activities: The Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp is very exciting. The wide variety of activities that are offered here are chosen while keeping in mind to give the guests a chance to enjoy the beautiful and luxurious natural setting of the camp.
- Action-Packed Adventure: If you are looking forward to spending some thrilling and adventurous moments, then the Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp will not disappoint you. The camp arranges a range of thrilling activities including rope walking, kayaking, zip-lining, and many more.
- Camping By The Seashore: You may not be aware that the river Cauvery is quite renowned for its adventurous spirit – its rapids, gorges, waterfalls, etc. Hence, the idea of a caravan of tents set up by the banks of the grand river Cauvery definitely makes one excited.
- Peaceful Natural Setting: The Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp is not meant just for adventurers. It is perfect for all those who are looking forward to a peaceful excursion among natural settings. Away from the crazy city life, you will surely get to spend quality moments.
Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp Timings
When it comes to the timings of Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp, there are no specific ones. Once you decide to participate in this camp, you are sure to have a wonderful time. No matter whether you are talking about the early morning hours or the late-night time, each and every moment spent here will be a memorable one. All of the thrilling activities offered here will definitely keep you engaged. There is no dull moment in Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp.
What Is The Best Way To Reach The Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp?
With the immense popularity of the Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp, a number of travelers come to visit this wonderful tourist attraction in Karnataka. Moreover, since the place is well connected with all means of transport, reaching the Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp is not really a difficult task. You can reach it:
- By Air: The nearest airport to the Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp is the Kempegowda International Airport. It is located in Bangalore and hence can be a bit far. However, the good news is that the place serves both domestic and international flights. It offers flights connected to almost all of the major cities in the country.
- By Road: You will be pleased to know that the camp is well connected with roads as well. The camp is situated at a distance of about 105 km from Bangalore. The route is pretty easy too. It takes around a 2.5 hours car drive to reach.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to the Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp is the Bangalore City junction and the Yeshwantpur junction. Both of these junctions provide multiple train options that are well – connected with almost all of the major cities of India.
Best Time To Visit The Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp
If you are looking for the best time to visit the Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp, then we would suggest that you visit the major tourist attraction in Karnataka between the months of September and February. This is because, during these months, the climate is quite pleasant. Moreover, this time period is perfect for bird watchers too.
Where To Stay Near The Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp?
When it comes to accommodation, you don’t have to go far in search of a decent hotel. The Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp in itself makes arrangements for a comfortable stay for their guests. The camp provides around 8 luxurious log huts on stilts. There are well equipped tented cottages with twin beds and attached bathrooms. Last but not the least, there are 2 luxury cottages and a bamboo hut too. You can choose the accommodation according to your preference and budget.
Places To Visit Nearby Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp?
The Bheemeshwari Fishing camp with its plethora of activities and stunning natural surroundings in itself is capable to keep you engaged throughout your stay. However, if you are keen to look around and do some sightseeing, then you would like to know that there are many tourist places in Karnataka that lie around. Some of them are:
- Kokrebellur Pelicanry: This is a small village which is popular for being home to a large number of local as well as migratory avian population including pelicans and painted storks. There are multiple water bodies featuring a variety of fishes too.
- Sangam: As the name suggests, Sangam is the place where the grand river Cauvery meets the beautiful Arkavathi river. Other than being a spot of a confluence of these rivers, the place serves as a popular picnic spot. It is famous for its richness in flora and fauna as well.
No matter whether you wish to spend some peaceful quality time away from the mundane city life in the lap of nature or want to go on a thrilling adventure-filled vacation, a trip to Bheemeshwari Fishing Camp can provide you both. This tourist place in Karnataka will not disappoint you for sure!