9 Top Mahabaleshwar Restaurants: What to Eat & Where in Mahabaleshwar-Panchgani? (2021)
Mahabaleshwar, the Maharashtrian hill station, nestled in the lap of Sahyadri range, has many famous restaurants for delightful culinary experiences. It is also a perfect destination for nature lovers who enjoy being in the mountains. Mahabaleshwar is a beautiful plateau surrounded by hills where you can go and calm your soul. It is also the origin point of River Krishna. It used to be a very famous destination for a family outing and also very famous among couples to spend some time together away from the hustle and bustle of the cities. People from nearby areas like Pune go to Mahabaleshwar and enjoy their weekends away from the city life.
The charm of small cities is often faded by bigger cities and in this the charm of thee small hill station may be faded by bigger cities like Mumbai and Pune, but this small hill station has a lot of offer. Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani are a food paradise. Although Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani does not have the famous food chain brands, but the local restaurants are worth indulging in. Over 85% of India’s strawberries are produced in Mahabaleshwar and the famous Mapro gardens are located here. Mahabaleshwar is also known for its chikkis or gajjak, jams, spreads, squashes, candies, marmalades and more. There are many new restaurants in Mahabaleshwar where you can enjoy lip-smacking food with the view of the hills.
9 Top Mahabaleshwar Restaurants: What to Eat & Where in Mahabaleshwar-Panchgani?
Famous Places to Try when in Mahabaleshwar & Panchgani are mentioned below:
1. Mapro Gardens: The first in the list is of course the very famous Mapro gardens known for producing fresh berries like strawberries, raspberries etc. Mapro is a short name for Mahabaleshwar products. It is a beautiful garden park close to Mahabaleshwar known for strawberry produce. This place is an absolute paradise for berries lovers and is abundant with strawberries and raspberries plantation and also hosts the annual Strawberry Festival. You can buy all sorts of products made of strawberry at Mapro garden. The products include Jams, preserves, marmalades, toppings, syrups, and squashes. All of these products are manufactured from the fresh strawberries grown in the park. You can try some scrumptious fruit salads, ice creams, parfaits, strawberry shakes made from fresh strawberries grown and just plucked from the garden.
2. Grapevine: Grapevine is a small yet very famous eatery in Mahabaleshwar. It is one of the busiest joint in the city. The Grapevine Restaurant is located on the Masjid Road which is the main market area in Mahabaleshwar and serves lip-smacking continental, Parsi and Italian food. You can enjoy the scrumptious food with a view of the beautiful city. They have a diverse menu with the juicy burgers, lamb shanks, dhansak salli boti, brown rice, chocolate cakes, and desserts. Do not miss this place during your visit to Mahabaleshwar and enjoy the lip-smacking food. Grab a drink from the bar which is stocked with local and foreign brands and get a seat by the roadside and enjoy the city views as you enjoy the amazing food. Special attention has been given to the décor and ambience and the staff at Grapevine is very courteous.
3. Chingari: Chingari is a fancy restaurant at the lavish hotel Le Meridian. They have a diverse menu consisting of North Indian, Awadhi and Hyderabadi cuisines. The Galauti kebabs at Chingari are worth trying if you are paying a visit to the place.
4. Nataraj Chikki and Fudge: Natraj chikki is a name famous not only in Mahabaleshwar but in the entire country for their tasty chikkis. They make chikkis of all kinds from scratch. They make peanut, sesame and chana dal chikkis which are very crispy and scrumptious. Natraj chikki is a very famous shop in Mahabaleshwar and one should not miss eating their chikkis while visiting this place. Their chocolate fudge made from scratch every day is to die for and should not be missed.
5. Dina: There are many Parsi eating joints in Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani and Dina is another restaurant famous for Parsi food. At Dina, Parsi food is prepared traditionally. Popular dishes served at these restaurants are Dhansak and Berry Pulav. The restaurant serves raspberry soda which should not be missed if you are at the restaurant.
6. Rustom’s Strawberry Inn: Rustom’s Strawberry Inn Is Located On Mahabaleshwar Panchgani Road. As the name suggests, the place has food products made of berries which are produced locally at Mahabaleshwar. The best things to have at this place is the fresh and tasty strawberry ice cream which is their specialty. Rustom’s inn serve lip-smacking food as well. You can try their omelets, the very famous parsi dal, freshly grown vegetables.
7. Keys Café: Keys café is another famous place in Mahabaleshwar to enjoy good food. The place offers diverse cuisine and has amazing drinks on the menu. The drinks complement the lip-smacking food served at the restaurant. You can try the famous combination of steamed rice with grilled chicken. Do not forget to order fresh salads with the food. The salads are made with the fresh ingredients. Vegetarians can also enjoy the food at Keys Café as they have a variety of vegetarian food items in the menu.
8. Garden Ice Cream Restaurant: Garden ice cream restaurant is another tiny and cozy eatery in Mahabaleshwar which offers drool worthy ice- creams and other sugary delights. They have a variety of fresh berry and fruit ice-creams and drinks on their menu. The chocolate ice-creams are the best at Garden ice-cream restaurant. There are fresh juices on the menu too. It is an ideal place to go hangout with your friends and enjoy the savories offered by the restaurant.
9. Mad Smoke House: Mad smoke house is an open-air restaurant famous for the food and the breathtaking views. You can enjoy your food while looking at beautiful surrounding valleys which makes the food even more enjoyable. Mad Smoke House offers a mix of Indian and Mediterranean cuisines. One must try their dum pukht which is made in earthen pots. They also make pizzas in the old-style fire ovens which make them even more scrumptious. You can enjoy coffee at this place with your friends while enjoying the view. Do not miss going to Mad Smoke House while visiting Mahabaleshwar & Pancgani.