Mumbai Street Food: 10 Must-Visit Street Food Joints in Mumbai (2021)
Need an excuse to ditch the diet? The rich and diverse culinary tapestry of Mumbai. That’s the excuse you need right now. Visiting Mumbai isn’t complete until you experience the food scene in the city. Whether you are looking for delicious street foods or high-end restaurants, Mumbai has everything that you might ask for. Keep the following list of best street food places in Mumbai handy and venture out in your own comfort.
1. Bhuna Gosht at Mohammed Ali Road: Mohammed Ali Road in Mumbai is known for offering the ultimate gourmet experience to non-vegetarian lovers. Visit this food layout during Ramadan to experience it at its best. You will be amazed to see lip-smacking dishes ranging from hot naan to tikkas to kebabs. What you can’t miss here is the Bhuna Gosht which carries traditional culinary secrets with it. The iconic Mohammed Ali Road is truly a treasure mine for foodies.
Location: Mohammed Ali Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Bhuna Gosht (Spicy Mutton Curry), Sizzling Tikkas, Kebabs.
2. Pudlas at Zaveri Bazaar Street: Known for being the diamond hub in Mumbai, Zaveri Bazaar is also known for being home to food stalls that sell scrumptious dishes.
Whether you are a fan of dosa or vegetarian snacks, this is the place to visit. You must try the Gujrati pudlas here which are made with gram flour and served with tossed vegetables. Another item worth trying is the Khichiya Papad which is made with 56 different spices and gram flour.
Location: Zaveri Bazaar, Kalbadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Pudlas, Kachoris, Samosa, Chaats, Khichiya Papad.
3. Chaat at Girgaum Chowpatty: Girgaum Chowpatty is one of the top places to find the best street food in Mumbai. Frequently visited by the locals, this market is known for offering delicious chaats. If you are still not ready to ditch the diet, you can definitely go for the bhel puri which is made with boiled potatoes, chutneys, and raw mango. Another thing that you should try here is the pani puri which is made to be spicy for a memorable experience.
Location: Girgaum Chowpatty, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Bhel Puri, Chaats, and Pani Puri.
4. Grilled Bombay Sandwich at Khau Gallis: Khau Gallis in Mumbai are known for being home to roadside carts that offer delectable street foods at affordable prices. Khau Gallis literally mean food lanes. You should definitely visit this area during lunch hours to see the state of the gastronomic affair here. Spread from SNDT College to Cross Maidan, this food layout in South Mumbai is a great place to try the grilled Bombay sandwich and shawarma.
Location: Khau Galli, Ghatkopar East, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Grilled Bombay sandwich, Shawarma.
5. Pav at CST Station: Mumbai’s affair with Pav is known to people across the country. After arriving in the country during the Portuguese rule, pav has literally won the heart of Mumbai. And, there is no better place than the CST station to try some of the most delectable pav. What makes pav delicious is the unique combination of thick curry, mashed vegetables, raw onion, and butter. To have the best pav near the CST, visit the Canon Pav Bhaji Center located near the CST subway.
Location: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, Fort, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Pav
6. Lassi at Pancham Puriwala: Mumbai is home to many low-budget food layouts. And, the list will remain incomplete without the Pancham Puriwala. Located in the fort, this shop started its journey even before the first train which was introduced during the British regime. Pancham Puriwala is famous for its lassi which is one of the most popular traditional drinks in the city. Also, you should definitely try peas curry with puri.
Location: 8, 10, Perin Nariman St, Borabazar Precinct, Ballard Estate, Gate, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Potato or Peas Curry with Puri, Lassi.
7. Seafood Delicacies at Crawford Market: Crawford market is one of the must-visit places for shopping in Mumbai. And, it is also home to outstanding street shops that sell delectable seafood dishes including crab curry and pomfret fry. You should also visit Nagdevi street which is located opposite to the Crawford market. Nagdevi street is known for some of the most tender seekh and paya. If you are vegetarian, you can try the harisa and nalli nihari here.
Location: Crawford Market, Lokmanya Tilak Marg, Lohar Chawl, Kalbadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Pomfret Fry, Crab Curry, Seekh, Paya.
8. Misal Pav at Aswaad: Located in Dadar, Aswaad is the go-to place for many Mumbaikars who love to get a hearty breakfast. Existing for more than three decades, this eatery is known for offering lip-smacking regional vegetarian cuisine. You should definitely try the misal pav here.
Location: 61, Sadanand, Opposite Amar Hind Mandal, Gokhale Road (North), Dadar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Misal Pav
9. Vada Pav at Anand Stall: While you can vada pav pretty much anywhere in Mumbai, Anand Stall is the place to visit when you want the authentic experience. Located in Vile Parle, this stall is known for offering generous portions along with red and green chutneys. You can also visit Vaidya’s Stall at Dadar station to experience the tastiest vada pav.
Location: Gulmohar Road No. 1, Opp. Mithibai College, Vile Parle West, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Vada Pav
10. Juices at Haji Ali Juice Center: The list of best street food in Mumbai can’t finish without mentioning the Haji Ali Juice Center. After opening in the 1930s, this juice joint has earned quite a following because of its quality sandwiches and juices. You should definitely try the custard here. They add a generous amount of fruits, dry fruits, and milk cream to your custard so that you can have the best experience.
Location: Lala Lajpatrai Marg, Haji Ali junction, Near the entrance to Haji Ali durgah, Dargah Rd, Mumbai, Maharashtra
What Should You Try? Sandwich, Juice, Custard.
To experience Mumbai at its best, there is no better way than getting on the street and trying some of the most delectable street foods. Ditch the diet for a day or two during your visit to Mumbai. And, try out all the eateries mentioned here. Now you can create your own customized Mumbai trip along with best street food joints with thetoptours.com!