Visit Nohsngithiang WaterFalls or 7 Sisters Waterfalls in Cherrapunji: Things To Do, Entry Fees, Best Time To Visit, Timings, Nearby Attractions (2023)
Cherrapunji, one of the wettest places on earth in northeastern India, is home to numerous waterfalls. Each waterfall is beautiful and majestic. A place where there is hardly a day without any rain offers excellent views of the landscapes and lush green forests.
About The Nohsngithiang Waterfalls Or Seven Sisters Waterfall:
Nohsngithiang waterfalls or popularly known as Seven Sisters waterfalls, is a seven-segmented waterfall and so its name. It is the fourth highest waterfall in India. The view of the setting sun on these falls, creating vibrant colors, is one of the most stunning views to experience. Lucky ones can also spot a rainbow as it is a quite frequent phenomenon. It is just a few kilometers from Cherrapunji, and the view of this waterfall is spellbinding. The waterfalls is more than 1000 feet high and are a major tourist attraction.
Best Time To Visit The Nohsngithiang Waterfalls:
Monsoon season (June-September)
Timings of The Nohsngithiang Waterfalls
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Time required: 1-2 hours
Entry Fees at The Nohsngithiang Waterfalls: No entry fees
5 Famous Tourist Attractions To Visit Nearby Nohsngithiang Waterfalls Or Seven Sisters Waterfall:
- Kynrem Waterfalls – Remarkably beautiful waterfalls, it is India’s 7th highest waterfall. It is a three-tiered waterfall, where water flows from a height of approximately 300 meters.
- Nohkalikai Waterfalls – It is one of India’s highest falls, offering an amazing view. It is a very photogenic waterfall, and the scenic beauty is exceptionally gifted. People can plan a lot of activities like trekking, camping, bird watching, landscape photography, angling and swimming during their visit to these falls.
- Mawsmai Cave – A very famous landmark in Cherrapunji is this limestone cave. The cave is enough lit to enable the tourists to have a comprehensive view of the cave. The cave is open only to 150 meters of area. The size of the cave varies as you step forward, and it will be required to bend and squeeze to move ahead. The roof of the cave drips water continuously.
- Ka Khoh Ramhah – A place is famous for its natural beauty and picturesque spot. It is very popular as a picnic spot and attracts a lot of tourists. This place is also known by the names Mothorp and Pillar Rock. The shape of the giant rock is similar to that of an upside-down cone. It is surrounded by two small rocks in a similar shape. Legends believe that an evil spirit resides on this rock.
- Thangkharang Park – One of the most famous tourist attractions in Cherrapunji. It is home to plenty of rare and exotic orchids and some rare species of plants specific to this place. An incredible view of the plains of Bangladesh can be from this park.