Lower Manair Dam: One Of The Best Tourists Spots To Watch The Sunset In Karimnagar, Telangana (2022)
About Lower Manair Dam:
Located 165 km away from Hyderabad, Lower Manair Dam in the Karimnagar district of Telangana is one of the topmost places to visit in the state of Telangana. Built on the Manair river, a tributary of the Godavari river, Lower Manair Dam has been attracting tourists from different parts of the country for years. If you are traveling from Hyderabad, you will find this dam welcoming you to the district. After the beginning of construction in 1974, Lower Manair Dam was completed in 1985. Having a height of 27 meters, this dam is popularly known as the water gateway into the district.
Lower Manair Dam: One Of The Best Tourists Spots To Watch The Sunset In Karimnagar, Telangana
Having approximately 20 floodgates, Lower Manair Dam unravels the rejuvenating opportunity for you to witness water forcefully gushing out of the gates. Lower Manair Dam in Karimnagar is best explored during the monsoon season when the water here reaches an optimum level.
Surrounded by a peaceful setting, the Lower Manair Dam is one of the best spots to watch the sunset as well. During the sunset, the entire dam area embellishes itself with reddish-orange shade which is definitely worth experiencing.
Acting as a balancing reservoir for the Kakatiya canal, Lower Manair Dam is known for regulating the irrigation flow for an area of 163,000 hectares. After being studied for Physico-chemical parameters in 2009-2010, it was found that the parameters of water quality were within permissible limits to be used for drinking water supply or irrigation. The magical charm of Lower Manair Dam is best experienced on a boat journey. Whether you are looking for a weekend getaway in Karimnagar district or simply want to get away from the urban hustle-bustle, Lower Manair Dam is definitely one of the places that you should think of exploring. The spectacular view from the top is worth witnessing. Other places that you must visit during your stay here include Ujwala Park and Deer Park. Surrounded by lush greenery, the dam adorns itself with serene water which attracts tourists from different places such as Mancherial, Meda, Adilabad, Nizamabad, and so on.
How to Reach the Lower Manair Dam in Karimnagar, Telangana?
There are a couple of ways to reach the Lower Manair Dam. Whether you are traveling by train or bus, there are convenient travel options available for you.
- By Train: Located 5.8 km away from the Lower Manair Dam, Karimnagar Junction is the nearest railway station. You should be able to reach the dam in 12 minutes from the railway station. Image Source
- By Road: Karimnagar is well-connected to different cities in Telangana. You can easily take a cab from your city to reach Karimnagar. Also, you will find State Transport buses at the Jubilee Bus Stop.
- By Air: Located 210 km away from the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, the Lower Manair Dam can be easily reached by cab in 4 hours.
Where to Eat and Where to Stay Near Lower Manair Dam?
If you are planning to stay near the Lower Manair Dam, you should explore different hotels available in the Karimnagar town. There are several eateries here that offer freshly cooked fish as well.
What Are The Other Places to Visit Near the Lower Manair Dam?
While visiting the Lower Manair Dam, you should definitely visit some of the most prominent places Karimnagar. This will help you to save time and make your trip to Telangana even more memorable.
- Elgandal Fort: Located 16.7 km away from the Lower Manair Dam, Elgandal Fort is one of the topmost places to visit near the Lower Manair Dam. Having served as the headquarters of Karimnagar during the rule of Nizams, Elgandal Fort has seen many dynasties including Bahmanis, Qutub Shahis, Asaf Jahis, and Mughals in power. Elgandal fort earlier used to be known as Tellakandula and Bahudhanyapuram as well. Situated on a hillock, this is undoubtedly one of the best-survived forts in Telangana state. Here you will find tombs of Muslim saints including Syed Shah Munawar Quadri Saheb, Syed Maroof Saheb, Shah Talib Bismilla Saheb, Vali Hyder Sahib, and so on. You shouldn’t miss the Alamgir mosque built by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb here. Image Source
- Karimnagar Deer Park: Located 1.7 km away from the Lower Manair Dam, the Karimanagr Deer Park is another popular spot that you must not miss. Popularly known as the Rajeev Gandhi Deer Park, this park is spread across 30 acres. If you are traveling from Hyderabad, you will find it at the entrance of the town. On the other hand, those traveling from Warangal will find it right after the Alugunoor Bridge.
- Ujwala Park: Located 450 meters away from the Lower Manair Dam, Ujwala park in the Karimnagar town was constructed in 2001. Today it is one of the best tourist places that you will ever find in the Karimnagar town. Situated near the NTR statue, this park can be located at the entrance of the town. Travelers traveling from Warangal can locate it right after the Alugunoor Bridge.