Where Can You Go For A Weekend Getaway In Texas? (2021)
Texas, a state in the south-central US, has an array of things to do. This diversified state has many beautiful attractions where you can flock to for a weekend getaway. Be it the distinctive castles, sandy white beaches lit in the orangish sunsets, wine country escapes, or the ideal romantic spots, the wide variety of places for different kinds of people proffer Texas its fascinating beauty.
Where Can You Go For A Weekend Getaway In Texas?
Choosing a perfect place for the weekend getaways in Texas can be a daunting task because the place has many stupendous locations to flock to. But, this article contains the best places for weekend getaways in Texas from which you can choose the ideal location according to your inclinations and budget. Moreover, the areas have perfect rental resorts, which proffer all the luxuries needed for a comfortable stay. The sites for weekend getaways in Texas are as follows:
- Wimberley: This hill country town is one of the fascinating places for a weekend getaway in Texas. With a chic and posh vibe, the site is ideal for the craftsmen and the artists who want to have a glimpse of the magnificent glass creations at Glasswork and tour the art galleries, like Art. The coral theatre proffers its guests the facility to watch the movies under the stars or even groove to the melodious tunes of the live music. The adventure buffs can even soar over the Wimberley Valley by zipline. Not only this, but the place is also much loved by the people who want to indulge in the beauty of the azure waters. The Jacob’s Well natural area allows you to swim in the spring waters or even learn a lot about the various plants and animals with the assistance of a naturalist guide. The Bella Vista ranch located in the place offers you the views of the production of olive oil. This diversified place is an ideal location for people with different tastes and inclinations.
- Miraval Austin: It is located at a distance of less than half an hour from Downtown Austin within the fascinating Balcones Canyonlands Preserve. This award-winning resort is edged upon 220 acres of land and was inaugurated in 2003, by Len and Joyce Beck. It serves as a natural oasis along with Lake Travis and proffers great varieties to its guests. Meditation, fitness centers, outdoor recreational activities, farm and culinary activities, and yoga can be practiced here. Luxurious facilities are available to the guests, so that they enjoy their stay to the utmost extent. The 117 spacious and elegant rooms of the resort proffer scenic views of nature, and the contemporary amenities comprising mini-fridges, 65-inch LCD screens and wonderful feather bedding with Italian sheets. Thirteen lodgings on the resort’s campus are linked with the countryside paths. The various amenities encompass an outdoor challenge course, 2 infinity pools, and the award-winning Miraval Life of the Balance spa. The private dining options, along with the demonstration kitchen, offer luscious and sumptuous cuisine as well.
- Port Aransas: Edged on the Mustang island, this port has glowing Sandy white beaches and some excellent fishing sports. The breathtaking views of the beautiful orangish sunsets from the shores of the beaches is fascinating making it an ideal place for weekend getaway. You could also spot birds and turtles on the island’s seashore. The adventure fanatics can practice canoeing and kayaking activities as well. Many artists flock to this place to have a glimpse of artworks at the Port Aransas Art Center. Though a hurricane destroyed the site in 2007, it has now been rebuilt and recovered.
- Inn on Lake Granbury: This place is just a few blocks away from downtown Granbury and is an ideal weekend getaway for romantic couples. It adds bliss to the love life of the pair with the romantic lakeside views. The awe-inspiring views of the whisk of the blue waterfall, with the green frondescence, proffers the place its natural charisma. The property has a saltwater pool and 15 guest rooms as well. For a perfect romantic getaway, you can dwell in a room with a stone fireplace jetted tub, and balconies proffering amazing views of nature. The west side rooms are embellished with contemporary decor and impressive lake views as well. Two suites in the property even have spiral staircases interlinked with the sitting area. You could also walk down to Downtown Granbury where you can shop, eat or enjoy at a live theatre. The price of the rooms here initiates from $ 215 and covers full breakfast. The guests can practice golf, boating, kayaking, hiking, and biking activities during their free time. Image Source
- San Antonio: Another outstanding choice for a weekend getaway in Texas is the bustling and vibrant city of San Antonio. Strike off the vast list of the spectacular locations by flocking to these places and enjoying your weekend. A combination of the river cruise and bus tour on the San Antonio River would lead you to some impressive sights of the area Like the San Antonio Museum of Art, Market Square, and the Alama. This city is even declared as a creative city of Gastronomy by UNESCO and hence is a must-visiting place.
- Houston: This bustling metropolis in Texas is another wondrous place to flock to during the weekend. Get tour Houston City Paad and visit the stunning areas of the place like the Houston Museum of Natural science and the Space Center Houston. These places are great for people who have an interest in Space and Natural sciences. The food fanatics can even flock to this place to enjoy the juicy BBQ at Gatlin’s, Byron’s Gourmet BBQ, or Gyu-Kaku’s Japanese version, where the grilling is done in front of the people, and this process itself is mouth-watering. The Nouveau Antique Art Bar, with its contemporary setting and dozens of lamps, proffers the best drinks in the town. Image Source
- Waco: A perfect spot for the animal fanatics, Waco has much to proffer to its guests. You can walk down the Brazos River, to catch sight of the Heron and turtles. Not only this, but the Cameron Park Zoo has lions, orangutans, and crocodiles. The Dr. Pepper Museum is also a place to be visited. The Magnolia Market at the Silos entices a vast audience due to its baked treats. Image Source
- Galveston: With Stunning locations, Galveston is an ideal location for a weekend escape in Texas. The stunning architecture of the bishops Palace and the Moody mansion is perfect for the history buffs. Buffs. A two-hour surf lesson on The Gulf coast would enthrall you with it’s a stunning and breathtaking view. With the necessary budget, you can even view Galveston and put Houston both on a private tour. Many events like live music, beach parties, fishing tournaments, etc. Occur regularly to make your weekend distinctive. Image Source
- Spicewood: With a charisma of its own, Spicewood has some of the best natural assets to be explored like the Krause Springs, waterfalls, caves, and a swimming hole. The night time experience in the Texas Hill Country is fascinating. The trees are embellished with the twinkling lights. You can even visit the Vineyards and taste some delicious wines as well.
Having short getaways give you a break from the hard-pressed lives. A balance between work and life is very crucial. An escape from the monotonous life is necessary to enjoy the weekends to freshen your selves and begin Monday with a new start. What could be better than viewing the scenic sites of Texas during your weekends? Texas has some of the best temptations where you can flock to and enjoy the serenity and tranquillity of nature.