5 Best Beach Shacks To Visit In Goa (2023)
From mesmerizing sunsets, rich cultural heritage, scrumptious food to quaint beaches, wonderful accommodations, electrifying nightlife, and shimmering waters, Goa is a beautiful place that is hard to be described by mere words. Renowned for being the party capital of the country, the state of Goa remains one of the top vacation destinations among the youth. If you are a beach baby and wish to enjoy delicious snacks, exciting drinks, loud music, thrilling non – stop parties, and fascinating views on your trip, then you would be pleased to know that the state is well- known for its wide range of excellent beach shacks.
The best part about the beach shacks of Goa is that they come in different varieties suiting to all kinds of travelers. No matter whether you are looking for a cozy one or a bass–thumping one, these shacks have served as a major trendsetter for the parties of Goa. Want to know some of the best beach shacks to visit in Goa? If yes, then you have arrived at just the right place.
5 Best Beach Shacks To Visit In Goa
In this article, we have already shortlisted some of the best ones for you.
1. Curlies Beach Shack, Anjuna:
Overlooking the shimmering sea at South Anjuna beach, Curlies is undoubtedly one of the most famous beach shacks in Goa. This shack attracts the attention of both Indians as well as foreign travelers. With its pretty setting, peppy music, delicious food, hyped ambiance, chilled alcohol, and range of other amazing facilities such as shisha, free internet, a pool table, and a lot more, this beach shack is a must-visit place for every party lover. Moreover, you will also be pleased to know that the shack also boasts of having a soundproof nightclub at the top of its deck which adds to the charm and allows you to have one unforgettable experience in this beautiful state. Even if you are not in the mood for a loud party, then you can even gather with your friends, sit back, relax, and chit-chat while having a chilled beer in your hand.
- Location: Near Flea Market, Monteiro Vaddo, Anjuna
- Variety of Cuisine: You get to relish dishes belonging to continental, seafood, Italian, Goan, Mediterranean, and North Indian cuisines.
- Must-try dishes: You should definitely try the pork roast, bacon pizza, prawn tempura, and Shakshouka when here.
- Opening Hours: You can visit the place anytime from 8 AM till 3 AM. This beach shack opens on all days of the week.
- Approximate cost for a meal of two: Rs. 1500 with tax excluded
2. La Plage Beach Shack, Ashvem:
Vacationing in Goa and suddenly craving some delicious French Food? If yes, then don’t worry the state has got you covered. Head to the popular Ashvem beach of Goa but make sure to book a prior reservation at the La Plage. With a menu dominated mainly by French and Mediterranean dishes, this is one of the most popular beach shacks of Goa which will take your experience to an entirely new level. No matter whether it is the scrumptious Fresh and Mediterranean dishes, the soothing environment, the soft sand under your feet, the melodious sound of the crashing sea waves or the delicious desserts, you will absolutely love all the time that you spend at this beautiful beach shack of Goa. Also, don’t miss out on tasting some of their exotic wines.
- Location: H. No. 209, Ashwem Beach, Katte Wada Road, Mandrem, Goa
- Variety of Cuisine: You get to enjoy Seafood, Mediterranean, French dishes here.
- Must-try dishes: When here do not forget to relish their unique chocolate thali, liver pate, prawn lollipop, tuna steak, and a wide range of cocktails.
- Opening Hours: You can visit this beach shack anytime from 8.30 AM till 10 PM on any day of the week.
- Approximate cost for a meal of two: Rs. 800 to Rs. 1000 excluding tax
3. Thalassa Beach Shack, Vagator:
Are you vacationing in Goa with your special someone? Are you looking for a beautiful place to spend a romantic evening with your loved one? If yes, then Thallasa beach shack will prove to be just the ideal beach shack in Goa for you. Perched on top of a high cliff in Vagator, this is an open–air restaurant that offers its visitors stunning panoramic views of the expansive Arabian sea and at the same time allows you to treat yourself with lip–smacking Greek delicacies. Be it the charm of the picturesque Vagator beach or the classic Greek appetizers and the quintessential Greek salads and grill, everything about this beach shack screams out romantic. Enjoying authentic food amidst a tropical setting with the sprawling Arabian Sea on one side and the lined palm trees on the other while watching that perfect sunset with your partner, what else can one wish for?
- Location: Small Vagator, Ozran, Vaddy Siolim, Goa
- Variety of Cuisines: When here you can expect to relish a variety of dishes from Mediterranean and Greek cuisines.
- Must-try dishes: The meat platter, Ratatouille, Souvlaki wraps, kleftiko, vegetable moussaka, and gyros are some of the popular dishes of the place.
- Opening hours: You can visit the place anytime from 9 AM till 12 AM. This beach shack is open on all days of the week.
- Approximate cost for a meal of two: Rs. 1500 with tax excluded.
4. Sublime Beach Shack, Morjim:
Moved from near the Baga bridge to Anjuna and then finally to the serene Morjim area, this is undoubtedly one of the most popular and beautiful beach shacks to visit in Goa. No matter how many times this beach shack has been moved, but the place still manages to captivate the hearts of its hundreds and thousands of visitors. This beach shack stands true to its name and is literally sublime in every aspect. Be it the extensive range of delicious European dishes, the elegant ambiance, or the charm of the picturesque setting, this place is suitable for all kinds of people. Moreover, if you are a meat lover, then you will be pleased to know that this beach shack is quite popular in the area for offering the best steaks in town. If you are looking for a good place to wine and dine by the pristine seaside of Goa, with your friends, family, or special someone, this place will prove to be just perfect.
- Location: Morjim Beach Road, Morjim
- Variety of Cuisine: This beach shack is known to have a plethora of European dishes and delicious seafood.
- Must-try dishes: When here, you should definitely try their exceptional salads, steaks, prawn tempura, prawn dumplings, tuna tartare, and ceviche.
- Opening Hours: This beach shack opens from 12 PM till 4 PM, then it closes for a while to reopen from 7 PM till 11 PM. The place is open on all days of the week except on Tuesdays.
- Approximate cost for a meal of two: Rs. 1300 without tax
5. Britto’s Beach Shack, Baga:
Placed next to one of the most happening beaches of Goa, Britto’s beach shack is one of those places which you can resist coming to when in the party capital of India. This beach shack is listed as one of the best beach shacks in Goa and especially at the Baga beach. No matter whether you are looking for that perfect picturesque seaside, soft sand, or the company of chilled beer and delicious food, this beach shack will surely check off your checklist. You will be pleased to know that this place boasts of an extensive menu comprising more than 400 dishes belonging to various cuisines. Though this beach shack offers a multi–cuisine menu but the exquisite seafood the authentic Goan food of the place is the main highlight. Oh, and did we forget to mention a massive list of drinks and cocktails that are offered here? You can just not overlook it. Once you actually visit the place, it will soon become your happy place in Goa.
- Location: House No. 7/171, Calangute – Baga Road, Saunta Vaddo, Baga-Calangute, Goa
- Variety of cuisine: This beach shack offers a multi–cuisine menu including dishes from North Indian, Goan, Seafood, Chinese and Continental cuisines.
- Must-try dishes: When here you can’t just miss tasting their stuffed mushroom, heavenly seafood platter, baked crabs, tandoori prawns, and calamari.
- Opening Hours: You can visit the place anytime from 8.30 AM till 12 AM. Moreover, the place is open on all days of the week.
- Approximate cost for a meal of two: Rs. 1400 without including tax
Are you already drooling just reading after these stunning beach shacks of Goa? If yes, then you should waste no more time and book a vacation to this tropical paradise and start munching on those authentic delicacies of the state while enjoying the picturesque sea views at some of the best beach shacks of Goa.
FAQ’s on Beach Shacks in Goa
Q1. Are All Beach Shacks Open Throughout The Year?
Ans. Most of the beach shacks of Goa open during the winter and summer seasons, while remaining closed in monsoons.
Q2. What Is The Best Time To Visit Goa?
Ans. The Winter season is the best time to visit the state.
Q3. Is Goa A Safe Place To Visit?
Ans. If you follow all the general safety rules, then this state is actually pretty safe.