5 Top Cruises to Take in Goa (2022)
Boasting of being a land of serene beaches, most scenic sunsets, abundant natural beauty, shimmering water bodies, crazy parties, and a unique amalgamation of the Indian as well as Portuguese culture, Goa is one of the most loved tourist destinations in India. While there is a huge variety of exciting things to do in Goa, but one of the best ways to enchant yourself with the beauty of this tropical paradise is by going on a cruise. Goa is well–known to offer some of the most exquisite cruises. Filled with fun, adventure, scenic beauty, there is a large variety of cruise options to take in Goa. You must know that cruising in Goa is one of the experiences which is unparalleled to any other adventure activity in Goa. If you wish to be pampered with fun, amusement and watch the professional troupes indulging in traditional dances of the city, then you can absolutely not afford to miss out on the magical experience of taking a cruise in Goa. For those of you who are a bit confused about navigating through the long list of cruises available, you don’t have to worry anymore as you have landed at the right link.
5 Top Cruises to Take in Goa
In this article, we have specially handpicked some of the best cruises to take in Goa for you. Continue reading to know more!
1. Dinner Cruise
If you are looking for a magical way to spend a romantic evening with your beloved, then this is the best cruise to take in Goa for you. Offering a grand dinner while giving you a chance to enjoy the uninterrupted breathtaking views of the Goan landscape, the dinner cruise actually provides the perfect setting. Starting from Santa Monica, the dinner cruise’s ride ends at the beautiful river Mandovi. During the ride, you can indulge in various exciting activities including the fun folk dances of Goa like Dekhni, Fugdi, etc. The main attraction of the cruise is its vast gala dinner where you not only get to treat your taste buds but can also learn to shake a leg to some native folk music. You will also be pleased to know that during the dinner cruise, you can also get a glimpse of the stunning Adil Shah Palace as the voyage moves past the frontier structures. Sipping on your favorite drinks, munching on delicious dishes, while cruising your way through pristine waters of the Mandovi river, what else could you ask for? Image Source
- Timings: You can take the cruise on Wednesday and Saturday, from 8.30 PM onwards.
- Approximate price: The approximate price range of the Dinner cruise starts from Rs. 1,380.
- Highlight of the cruise: As you traverse the waters of the soothing river Mandovi away from the main city in the tranquil settings, it provides you the perfect opportunity to relax and spend some quality time with your friends and family.
2. Houseboat Cruise
Beginning right from the historic Chapora fort which was built long back in the 16th century and is one of the top attractions of Goa now, the houseboat cruise travels through small picturesque villages, lush green farms, and ancient churches. The houseboat cruise is well – known to show its visitors the beautiful Goan landscapes while sipping your favorite drink and enjoying the lip-smacking seafood served on board. As you sail away from the backwaters of Goa and head towards the ocean, you can even spot some playful dolphins swimming in synchronicity in the unblemished Goan waters. Interested visitors can also indulge in fishing or bird watching at the houseboat cruise.
Moreover, the best part about the houseboat cruise which makes it one of the top cruises to take in Goa is the fact that it comes equipped with some of the modern amenities which ensure comfort and convenience to the visitors. All in all, if you are looking forward to relaxing and enjoy some natural serenity and rustic greenery, then this cruise will be nothing short of a dream come true.
- Timings: You can take the houseboat cruise from 1 PM till 4 PM.
- Highlight of the cruise: Though the cruise is beautiful and amazing all over, but if you wish to enjoy the activities more and have better views of the landscape, then it is recommended that you take up the upper deck of the houseboat.
3. Casino Cruise
Want to enjoy the fun of games and at the same time admire the pleasant landscape of the Mandovi river? If yes, then you will absolutely love the Casino cruise of Goa. Board the cruise ship at Panaji and enjoy a refreshing day of terrific gaming experience filled with a vast range of games such as poker, blackjack, rummy, baccarat, flash, pontoon, and American roulette. Apart from these amazing games, the cruise offers plenty of other entertainment activities, a delicious dinner, and a series of great performances by professional groups as well. All that singing and dancing set a lively mood. The thing which makes the casino cruise one of the best cruises of Goa is the fact that it offers its visitors some of the most mesmerizing views of the mighty Arabian Sea. You will also be pleased to know that as you enter the cruise, the team also serves delicious refreshments to the visitors. If you wish to enjoy the vibrant side of the state, then this high on energy cruise is just the perfect one for you.
- Timings: The Casino Pride Cruise and the Deltin Royale Casino Cruise run for a duration of 24 hours on all seven days of the week.
- Approximate price: The approximate price of booking the Casino cruise in Goa starts from Rs. 3,000 onwards.
- Highlight of the cruise: You can even revisit the historical remnants of Goa including the Adil Shah Palace and Fort Aguada while basking in the glory of the sun in the casino cruise.
4. Catamaran Cruise
With boats shaped like a banana that is designed in a way so that they can function without daggerboards, catamaran cruise is one unique experience. Also known by the name of Hobby cats, the catamaran boats can be operated in the sea without much difficulty because of their unique shaped hulls. In fact, in recent times, catamaran cruising is becoming one of the most popular cruises to take in Goa. Some people even consider it as the perfect water sport activity to indulge in. With the catamaran cruise, you get to enjoy the experience of the native Catamaran on a country raft. Beat the surf in a casual style while sailing on shimmering waters. The relaxed pace of the catamaran cruise gives you ample time to appreciate the excellence of the serene beaches of Goa, the massive Arabian sea and enjoy the pleasant breeze as well as the joyful climate of the state. Several major beaches of the state offer catamaran cruise.
- Timings: You can go on the Catamaran cruise from 10 AM till 5 PM.
- Approximate price: The estimated price range of booking the Catamaran boat cruising starts from Rs. 1,000 only.
- Fun fact: Though you can take the cruise anytime, the months from October to May is the best time to enjoy the experience. Many water sports lovers prefer going on catamaran cruises during the summer season too.
5. Island Cruise
Are you not much of a people person? Do you wish to escape the huge crowds of the beaches of Goa but still want to enjoy the water activities? If yes, then the island cruise is literally the best cruise to take in Goa for you. This cruise allows you to ditch the mainstream overcrowded Goa beaches and at the same time offer you the golden chance of watching the dolphins from up close. Interested visitors can even try snorkeling in the clear waters in the island cruise and don’t worry, snorkeling is done only under the supervision of experts and well – trained professionals. Going on a day cruise through the mystical waters while admiring the verdant lush greenery all around is an exceptional experience that will stay with you for long. No matter whether you are traveling with friends, family, kids, or partner, this cruise is suitable for all.
- Timings: You can go for the island cruise from 9 AM till 3 PM. However, for the North and South guests, the timings change to 10 AM till 2 PM.
- Approximate pricing: This is a 6 hours long cruise and the estimated cost is Rs. 1800.
- Fun fact: Apart from all the water activities, the visitors are also entitled to a delicious barbecue lunch. The menu includes dishes from a wide range of cuisines which is surely going to satisfy all your cravings.
Whether you wish to enjoy the bright sunrise, the red hues of the sunset, or want to go for a thrilling adventure in the backwaters of Goa, you can choose the cruise that excites you the most.
FAQ’s For Tourists Interested in Cruise in Goa
Q1. Which Is The Best Cruise In Goa For A Private Party?
Ans. For a private occasion, you can book a personal cruise.
Q2. Are Cruises In Goa Very Expensive?
Ans. The price depends upon the kind of cruise you choose. The luxury and personal cruises tend to be a bit expensive than others.
Q3. What Is The Best Time To Visit Goa?
Ans. The peak tourism season of Goa is from October till March.