Top 20 Adventure Getaways Near Bangalore (2022)
A famous quote from Helen Keller goes, “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” If you have been a die-hard fan of adventure and are always in a rush to explore more adventurous places, then this piece of article is something you need to read. If you are in Bangalore or planning a vacation trip to the city of gardens and want to check out some adventure getaways.
Top 20 Adventure Getaways Near Bangalore
Read further and find out the top adventure getaways near Bangalore to make your trip interesting!
Ramanagaram is an amazing place for various adventure sports. There are many outdoor adventure sports at the SRS Hill and Kunti Betta, which might be easy, moderate, and even difficult to go with. High-rope traversing is a must-do adventure activity that must be done at Ramangaram. This would surely give you a stunning and thrilling experience.
- Distance From Bangalore: 55 km
- Best Time To Visit: During monsoon or winter. However, if you can bear the summer heat, then it is okay if you visit during the summer months.
- Best Adventurous Activity To Do: Rappelling
Savandurga is another adventure getaway near Bangalore that must be visited at least once in a lifetime. It has the largest monolithic rock. The Savandurga hill is 1,226 meters above sea level. This is the reason why trekking is quite popular here. You would love to hike at Savandurga and it is not that difficult even. You can try out some outdoor camps here, especially on the weekend, if you are that curious about adventure in life.
- Distance From Bangalore: 50 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Summer, Monsoon, or winter. It is okay to visit the place anytime.
- Best Adventurous Activities To Do: Trekking and Camping.
3. Nandi Hills:
This is the most common adventure getaway near Bangalore. Many trekkers often visit Nandi Hills and it is quite safe to climb up to. If you want to enjoy some thrilling time with family and friends while doing activities like ziplining and rock climbing, then this is the perfect destination for you. This adventure getaway is easily accessible from Bangalore and it takes just one hour’s drive from the Silicon Valley of India to reach Nandi Hills.
- Distance From Bangalore: 61 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Winters are best to visit this place. However, monsoon times are also good.
- Best Adventurous Activities To Do: Ziplining, Trekking, camping, etc.
4. Ghati Subramanya:
Ghati Subramanya is an excellent destination in general, however, it is also known for the adventurous experience that it offers to adventure enthusiasts. They say, “You can’t be sad while cycling.” If you are looking for a spectacular cycling experience, then you should explore the area. You can even prefer a lovely nature walk all around.
- Distance From Bangalore: 50 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Winter and summer
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Cycling
Anthargange is one of the top adventure getaways near Bangalore that is just off the Bangalore- Tirupati Highway. If you are planning for a single-day adventure trip, then this is a great place. Here, you can go trekking or go for caving. You will surely love doing these thrilling activities in Anthargange. Moreover, if you love to explore your spiritual side, then you can visit a few of the temples here.
- Distance From Bangalore: 68 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Monsoon and winter seasons are best to visit this place
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Caving
Another adventure getaway near Bangalore is Kanakapura. The prime attraction of Kanakapura is the Bilikal Rangaswamy Betta. This hill has been one of the favorites of trekkers. You can go trekking and camping here. If you love to participate in adventure sports, then try a trek with your friends. You would also enjoy a great natural beauty here.
- Distance From Bangalore: 62 Km
- Best Time To Visit: You can visit the place anytime, including during the summer, monsoon, and winter months.
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Trekking
Do you want to fall in love with the beauty of nature while exploring the adventure of jungle camping? If yes, then you should never step back from visiting Dandeli. It is located at a distance of 462 km from Bangalore. You can hike through the jungles of Dandeli and watch the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, visit the most popular Kali river and try the most adventurous things, i.e. river rafting, or kayaking and settling down at a tent while enjoying an ideal jungle camping experience. You can also try out archery at different campsites.
- Distance From Bangalore: 462 km
- Best Time To Visit: You can visit the place any time throughout the year.
- Best Adventure Activities To Do: River rafting, Kayaking, trekking, camping, etc.
Makalidurga is in Doddaballapur and is famous for trekking near Bangalore. Here, the trekking trail at Makalidurga starts from the Krishna Temple and goes to a ruined fort. You will see granite rocks and small dense forests on the way while trekking. So, come to this adventure getaway near Bangalore and enjoy the best of your hiking experience.
- Distance From Bangalore: 80 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Monsoon, Winter
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Hiking
Mekedatu is an exclusive picnic spot, which is also famous for various adventure sports. You can get engaged with several watersports in the river Mekedatu and enjoy great treks and other mountain sports on the hills. With so many adventurous activities to do, Mekedatu is one of the top adventure getaways near Bangalore.
- Distance From Bangalore: 90 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Summer, Monsoon, and Winters
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Coracle ride
10. Z Point:
Have you ever thought that things can be amazing when you have great spots to experience the adventure of life? Z Point is an excellent trekking spot near Kemmanagundi, which is at a distance of 67 km from Chikmagalur. While trekking through the hills, you can enjoy the breathtaking views all around. You can feel relaxed while camping at Z Point.
- Distance From Bangalore: 266 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Monsoon and Winters
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Trekking and Camping
Bidadi is a superb place for you if you are searching for some adventurous activities or outdoor fun. The rugged track in this adventure getaway near Bangalore makes it famous for activities like cycling and hiking. This destination is just 30 minutes from Bangalore and is well connected by road. If you want to take some great memories of hiking along with beautiful scenic views then come here.
- Distance From Bangalore: 38 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Monsoon and winter months are best to visit here. However, you can also visit during the summer times.
- Best Adventure Activities To Do: Cycling and Hiking
12. Koosalli Waterfalls:
“Waterfalls are nature’s laughter”. So true that nature looks beautiful with waterfalls. However, Koosalli waterfalls are way beyond just beautiful. If you are passionate about exploring different adventures of life and enjoy some adventurous activities, ten Koosalli waterfalls can be one of the best places for you. This waterfall is located in the deep forest near the village of Koosalli village. You need to trek around 5 km from Koosalli via the dense forest and also go for tough rock climbing to reach the waterfalls.
- Distance From Bangalore: 460 KM
- Best Time To Visit: You can visit the place any time
- Best Adventure Activities To Do: Trekking, Rock Climbing
13. Hidlumane Falls
Adventure is never-ending when you are around Bangalore. Another great adventure getaway near Bangalore is Hidlumane falls, which is situated on Kodachadri trek route. To reach the first fall you need to trek for at least 3 Km. The final trek would be through the thick forest and you also need to go rock climbing.
- Distance From Bangalore: 377 KM
- Best Time To Visit: Summer, Monsoons, and Winters, all seasons are great to be here
- Best Adventure Activities To Do: Trekking through thick forest
Mulayangiri is a mountain peak in Chikmagalur. It is the highest peak in the state of Karnataka. One would enjoy trekking here while exploring various caves nearby. You can also plan for other activities like mountain biking and road biking here. One of the best things about Mulayanagiri is that the trek path has various landmarks like small streams, a cave, a Nandi statue, and so on.
- Distance From Bangalore: 262 KM
- Best Time To Visit: You can visit the place any time
- Best Adventure Activities To Do: Mountain biking and trekking.
15. Kuni Betta:
Situated in Pandavapura, Kuni Betta is a magnificent trekking destination for many professional hikers and also amateurs. Climbing up the hill, especially during the night time is extremely thrilling. Trekking is not just an activity that can be done here to explore the adventurous blessings of Kuni Betta, but you can also spend enough adventurous time with lots of water sports near the lake.
- Distance From Bangalore: 126 Km
- Best Time To Visit: You should visit the place in the winter and the summer months.
- Best Adventure Activities To Do: Night Trekking, water sports
Madhugiri is a well-known monolithic rock hill that lies at an altitude of 3, 930 feet. The finest thing about Madhugiri is that it is a popular destination for trekking near Bangalore. Trekking here is moderate to difficult. You also get a remarkable chance to watch a lot of temples and forts here.
- Distance From Bangalore: 106 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Summer, Monsoon, Winter; all seasons are perfect to be here.
- Best Adventure Activities To Do: Trekking
Bheemenshwari is situated on the banks of River Cauvery and is one of the excellent adventure getaways near Bangalore. This is surely the ideal place for you if you need to enjoy a variety of water sports and outdoor adventures with friends and family.
- Distance From Bangalore: 108 Km
- Best Time To Visit: You can visit here in all the seasons and have a great time.
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Water sports
“When nothing tempts you, go for river rafting!” Kabini is one more adventure getaway near Bangalore. Kabini river is great for river rafting. You will enjoy the scenic views of the beautiful forest area, as soon as you slide down the river.
- Distance From Bangalore: 210 Km
- Best Time To Visit: Winter and summer are the best to be here.
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: Kayaking/Rafting
Wayanad is an excellent adventure getaway near Bangalore and is the dream destination for many individuals who love adventures. Wayanad is a hill station in Kerala where you can try trekking, rock climbing, and even ziplining. However, many other adventure sports can be tried out at this place with an adventure camping trip.
Distance From Bangalore: 309 Km
Best Time To Visit: Winters and Summers are best to be here
Best Adventure Activity To Do: Rock Climbing
Never forget about Coorg, when we are talking about the top adventure getaways near Bangalore. It is not just a famous hill station but also the best place to get indulged in water sports, especially river rafting. It would be a great experience while rafting here. So, what is keeping you behind? Get set go!
- Distance From Bangalore: 243 km
- Best Time To Visit: You can visit Coorg in Summers, Monsoons, and Winters too.
- Best Adventure Activity To Do: River Rafting
So, here we talked about some of the top adventure getaways near Bangalore. If you are looking for some fun while exploring your ability to bear and enjoy these wonderful adventure getaways, then pack your bags and get ready for the most amazing days of your life.
“Be adventurous, life gets happing new every day!”