Mumbai Shopping: Go on A Shopping Spree At These 9 Shopping Places in Mumbai (2023)
Want to shop to your heart’s content during your visit to Mumbai? Well, no trip is complete without shopping for a few souvenirs for friends and family members. Starting from posh boutiques to street markets to upscale stores, Mumbai has everything that you might ask for. And, oh yes, you’ll be able to satisfy the bargain hunter in you as well. Here are the 9 best places to shop in Mumbai.
Mumbai Shopping: Go on A Shopping Spree At These 9 Shopping Places in Mumbai
1. Colaba Causeway Market: Known for being the Shopper’s Paradise, the Colaba Causeway Market is one of the most visited markets in Mumbai. You can find a wide variety of items including clothes, antiques, accessories, jewelry items, and so on here. What will truly amaze you here are the magnificent Victorian buildings. This market is a must-visit spot especially for those who love shopping home decoration items and jewelry. The huge collection of artificial jewelry, western wear accessories, and antique home decor items will simply leave you speechless. You’ll also find many famous celebrity designer shops here including the Ensemble by Tarun Tahiliani. Also, don’t forget to visit the nearby Leopard Cafe and Cafe Mondegar which are known for offering delicious foods along with booze.
Location: Bakery Lane, Nofra, Navy Nagar, Colaba
Timings: 9 am – 10 pm (Open All Days)
2. Zaveri Bazaar: Being one of the most prominent markets in Mumbai, Zaveri Bazaar is known for being home to the popular gold market. It is indeed one of the largest gold markets in the country. The opulent jewelry items available in this market will undoubtedly amaze you. Existing since the 19th century, this market is known for selling a wide variety of handicraft items, jewelry items, gemstones, and home decor items as well. You will be astounded to know that this market accounts for 65% of all gold trading in the country.
Location: Zaveri Bazaar, Kalbadevi, Mumbai
Timings: 10 am – 7:30 pm (Closed on Sundays)
3. Crawford Market: Named after Arthur Crawford, the first Municipal Commissioner of Mumbai, Crawford Market today is better known as Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Mandai. It is undoubtedly one of the best places to shop in Mumbai. Established more than 150 years ago, this market is known for selling a diverse range of items including clothing, spices, accessories, shoes, and so on. However, the specialty of this market is items like party supplies, cosmetics, and gifts. Many locals visit this market for superlative quality perfumes, flowers, and other stationery items. The nearby Usmania Hotel awaits you with its authentic Mughlai delicacies.
Location: Dhobi Talao, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Area
Timings: 10 am – 8 pm (Closed on Sundays)
4. Linking Road: Located in the heart of Bandra, Linking Road is known for being one of the most popular places to shop in Mumbai. The shack-style shops here are known for selling clothes and accessories at affordable prices. You’ll also find several boutiques as well as branded showrooms here. Shall you desire to explore lesser-known boutiques, you must take a stroll through the Mount Mary area. Try not to miss the nearby eateries in Bandstand and Carter Road.
Location: Linking Road, Bandra, Mumbai
Timings: 9 am – 8 pm (Open All Days)
5. Hill Road: Hill Road market is to Mumbai what Sarojini Market is to Delhi. Located in Bandra, this market starts at the Marks & Spencer Store and ends at the St. Peter’s Church. This market consists of three different markets i.e. Elco Market, Sona Shopping Centre, and the street shops. Sona Shopping Centre is known for offering a wide variety of fashionable items including footwear, apparel, lingerie, and jewelry as well. The Elco market unravels the rejuvenating opportunity for you to purchase ethnic clothes and tailored garments. You’ll also find gorgeous fabric trims here.
Location: Hill Road, Bandra West, Mumbai
Timings: 11 am – 10 pm (Open All Days)
6. Hindmata Cloth Market: Located at a stone’s throw away from Dadar, this market is one of the most iconic shopping places that you can’t simply miss during your visit to Mumbai. The flea stalls and stores here are known for offering a diverse range of readymade lehengas, sarees, and salwar. What will truly amaze you here is the collection of Indian handloom sarees including Chanderi, Supernet Kota Sarees, Chiffon Induri, Bhagalpuri Silk, etc. This market is also ideal for buying goodies like upholstery fabrics and Turkish bath towels.
Location: Baba Saheb Ambedkar Marg, Dadar East, Mumbai
Timings: 10 am – 10 pm (Closed on Mondays)
7. Heera Panna Market: This market in Tardeo is known for selling electronic products at affordable prices. The shops here offer everything starting from phones to laptops to watches. With more than 130 shops, this market is a must-visit for you during your Mumbai visit. You’ll also find shops here that sell branded accessories and apparel.
Location: Dargah, Opposite, Bhulabhai Desai Marg, Haji Ali, Malviya Nagar, Tardeo, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026
Timings: 10 am – 9 pm (Closed on Sundays)
8. Dharavi Leather Market: Dharavi, the largest slum in Asia, is home to one of the best leather markets in Mumbai. You will find a huge variety of bags, jackets, shoes, and other accessories here. Most of the leather products available here are produced by local manufacturing factories that employ the local labours. Prepare yourself to bargain before visiting the market.
Location: Dharavi, Mumbai
Timings: 10:30 am – 6:30 pm (Closed on Sundays)
9. Lalbaug Market: Lalbaug Market is one of the best markets in Mumbai for those who are looking for authentic spices to take home. Once you enter the market, you’ll find red chillies stacked at every shop. You’ll also find dry snacks such as fresh kachoris, samosas, and farsan. You should consider visiting the nearby Dadar Flower Market which is chaotic but lets you experience a flower market at its best.
Location: Lalbaug, Mumbai
Timings: 10:15 am – 9 pm (Open All Days)
Want to take yourself on a shopping spree during your visit to Mumbai? These are the nine most popular markets that you simply can’t miss when in Mumbai. Providing you with an authentic Mumbai experience, these markets are ideal for buying souvenirs for friends and gifts for yourself. Now you can even customize your Mumbai trip with a personalized tour plan from thetoptours.com!