Lumbini Park in Hyderabad – An Amazing Tourist Destination in the Capital City of Telangana (2023)
About Lumbini Park in Hyderabad
Though a small park near Hussain Nagar but Lumbini Park is considered to be one of the most beautiful tourist places in Hyderabad. Since its establishment in the year 1994, the park has been developed for the entertainment as well as relaxation for tourists visiting Hyderabad. The main reason behind the unique name of the park is because Lumbini (Nepal) is the birth place of Lord Buddha. The responsibility of maintenance as well as preservation of the park lies under the Buddha Purnima project of the Urban Development Authority of Hyderabad.
Lumbini park in Hyderabad is not only naturally beautiful but also houses several exciting amusement rides which makes it a frequented spot among people belonging to all age groups. No matter whether talking about toddlers, kids or young people, once you actually go to visit the park, you can find a variety of people enjoying the soothing environment of the place. Housing a plethora of rock decoration and a huge variety of plants, the view inside the Lumbini park is stunning in every sense. Moreover, since Lumbini park itself is situated in the centre of the Hyderabad city, it enjoys a prime location which is easy and convenient for both locals as well as visitors. Want to know more about this picturesque park? If yes, then continue reading!
Key Attractions Of The Lumbini Park in Hyderabad:
When talking about the key attractions of Lumbini park, there are many. For the starters, as you enter the park, you can find a majestic clock right at the entry gate. The musical fountain show that is organised in Lumbini park is pretty famous too. Watching the water dance with the rhythmic beats of the music is really a fabulous site to watch. There is even a 3D laser show that occurs only during the evening hours in Lumbini park. In this show, you can witness the city being created with the sparkling display of lights.
Since the Lumbini park is located along the banks of the popular Hussain Sagar Lake, the visitors also have the option of boating which can be availed any time from morning till evening. Whether you choose to ride a ferry or a boat, you not only can enjoy the stunning view but also get the chance to have a close glimpse of the large statue of Lord Buddha situated right at the heart of the lake.
Best Time To Visit The Lumbini Park in Hyderabad:
Winter season is considered to be the best time to visit the Lumbini Park. In between the months from November to February, the weather is pretty cool and pleasant which makes it even better to explore this beautiful tourist place in Hyderabad. It is recommended that you visit the park during the afternoon or evening hours, as then along with the beauty of the park, you can also witness the fabulous musical fountain as well as the popular laser show.
Places To Visit Nearby The Lumbini Park:
If you are planning to visit Lumbini Park, then you must take some extra time in hand because there are many interesting tourist places in Hyderabad which are located in close proximity of Lumbini Park. Some of these attractions are:
- Necklace Road: This road in the shape of a necklace acts as a stunning backdrop of the already mesmerising Hussain Sagar Lake and hence one of the frequented tourist places in Hyderabad. People love taking a leisure stroll or driving in a car on this road, to enjoy the magical view of the lake with the sparkling lights, especially during evening hours. It is a picturesque site worth watching. Image Source
- Jalavihar Water Park: If you are visiting the city in summer season and are looking for exciting ways to beat the heat, then this water park is the perfect place. With its thrilling water rides such as twisters, wave pool, tube ride, rain dance, pendulum rides and many more crazy ones, this place will surely pump up your adrenaline.
- Hyderabad Central Mall and Next Galleria Mall: Want to bring out the shopaholic inside you? If yes, then these two malls located nearby Lumbini Park, are perfect to quench your thirst for shopping. Housing plenty of shops as well as factory outlets, tourists love shopping here.
- Yogibear Mini Golf Park: Housing a number of small rides and playgrounds where children can let loose and have loads of fun, this is a family – friendly park located nearby Lumbini Park. With lots of green open spaces inside the park, you can sit and relax while the children have their share of fun.
- Birla Mandir: This is the most popular tourist spot of Hyderabad and is very close to Lumbini Park. This temple is known for its location on a high hillock called Naubat Pahad. You will find a replica of the Tirupati Balaji here. Image Source
Approximate Entry Fee At Lumbini Park:
The entry fee for Lumbini Park is not much and is pretty affordable. It is Rs. 20 per person for adults and for children the fee is Rs. 10 per person. If you wish to do any activity inside the park, there are additional charges. For instance, for speed boating the cost is Rs. 350 per person, for mechanised boating the cost is Rs. 55 per adult and Rs. 35 per child, while for Bhagmati boating the cost for adults is Rs. 110 and for children it is Rs. 80. Rajahamsa boating is also offered here for which minimum of 5 people are required and it costs Rs. 100 per person. If you wish to attend the laser show, then the fee for it is Rs. 50 per person.
Opening Hours of Lumbini Park:
You would be pleased to know that the Lumbini Park is open for visitors right from 9 AM till 9 PM on all days of the week. So, you have a lot of time and can include it any time in your itinerary according to your desire. The timings of the musical fountain are from 6.30 PM till 8 PM. While the laser show is organised twice, once at 7.15 PM and the other show is at 8.30 PM.
If you wish to have a relaxing evening and spend some quality time with your loved ones doing some fun activities, then this park is one of the best tourist places in Hyderabad for you.