9 Best Weekend Getaways from Sedona (2024)
Sedona is a pleasant town in Arizona that is noted for its natural and scenic beauty, new-age shops and spas, and delightful encompassing normal red stone buttes and gorge. The Sedona town, which is situated close to a lot of amazing places and visitor spots, makes an extraordinary bouncing-off point for some best weekend getaways from Sedona with your family or friends. You can head out to the nearby city of Flagstaff to explore a portion of the state’s most prominent characteristic marvels, including the enormous Grand Canyon, the lofty Mogollon Rim, and the transcending Peaks of San Francisco.
The old towns of the West like Tombstone and Bisbee which are home to incredible attractions like the popular O.K Corral are also located close to Sedona. Other significant urban areas like Phoenix and Payson which offer exhibition halls, workmanship displays, greens, spas, and significant yearly celebrations are additionally located at commutable distances and make for some amazing weekend getaways from Sedona. Guests can likewise investigate the memorable Apache Trail or travel the course of the state’s previous Route 66 roadway, which still exhibits numerous exemplary sides of the road attractions; the options are endless. So, let’s have a look at the best weekend getaways from Sedona:
9 Best Weekend Getaways from Sedona
- Antelope Canyon: This Canyon is a delightful slot canyon situated close to the town of Page on lands originally belonging to the Native American reservation of Navajo Nation. The sinkhole, which is situated close to the beautiful Lake Powell, was initially evolved following blaze flooding disintegration of territorial Navajo sandstone. Today, it is isolated into the Lower Antelope Canyon and Upper Antelope Canyon areas, which are normally known as “The Crack” and “The Corkscrew.” Portions of the cavern are available to the general population as a vacation destination, exhibited as a feature of guided visits offered over time by the Navajo Tribal Park. Guests can appreciate superb freedoms for nature photography inside the cavern, especially at Upper Antelope Canyon, which can be gotten to at ground level with no climbing essential. It is one of the best weekend getaways from Sedona.
- Canyon Lake: One of four supplies built along Arizona’s Salt River, Canyon Lake was initially made alongside the development of the Mormon Flat Dam in mid 1920s. This 950-section of ace is the littlest of the Salt River’s lakes, popular as a famous stop along the picturesque Apache Trail course at Apache Junction and makes for an incredible weekend destination from Sedona. It fills in as a well known open air amusement territory for the Phoenix and Sedona people group, offering all year openings for climbing, drifting, scuba jumping, and water sports like stream skiing. Fishers can appreciate incredible freedoms to get species like yellow bass, bluegill, and walleye. Two boat dispatches are offered at the diversion region, alongside an assigned swimming territory and various day-use cookout destinations. There are additionally some campground services which offer marina administrations and overnight stay zones.
- Flagstaff: Flagstaff is perhaps the most pleasant urban areas in Arizona, flanked by the setting of the lovely San Francisco Summits. It is known as a famous entryway region for investigating the locale’s natural miracles, including Grand Canyon National Park and Humphreys Summit. The popular Snowbowl ski resort of Arizona offers openings for winter sports during the colder time of the year, situated at a rise of 9,200 feet above ocean level. Downtown, brilliant social associations like the Studio Theater and the Flagstaff Symphony Orchestra present exhibitions consistently. Yearly celebrations facilitated in the city incorporate the Northern Arizona Book Festival and the Flagstaff Music Festival. Close by, native Pueblo destinations are displayed at Walnut Canyon National Monument and Wupatki National Monument. It is perhaps the best weekend destination from Sedona, hands down!
- Grand Canyon National Park: This world famous National Park is home to one of the world’s most eminent natural miracles, saved as an UNESCO World Heritage Site and viewed as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The recreation center, which was set up in 1919 as the United States’ fifteenth public park office, ranges 1.2 million sections of land and is perhaps the most-visited public parks in the area and therefore makes for an amazing weekend getaway from Sedona. Perfect stone layers shaped in Precambrian times have been cut by the progression of the Colorado River, displaying shocking red, earthy colored, and pink layers today that open the doors for unmatched photographs and videos. Guests can stay in extravagance lodgings along the South Rim of the recreation center, which is a hub of family-oriented vacation destinations like the Grand Canyon IMAX Theater and the Yavapai Geology Museum. On the gully’s North Rim, segregated cabins and camping areas offer advantageous admittance to lesser known focuses like Yavapai Observation Station and Mather Point which further makes it one of the best weekend getaways from Sedona.
- Jerome: Jerome is a flourishing creative center point in focal Arizona, and was once the site of Arizona’s biggest copper mine all through the nineteenth century, which delivered more than 3,000,000 pounds of copper a month at its pinnacle of activities. Guests can investigate notable attractions like State Historic Park of Jerome that houses the stunning 1916 Douglas Mansion, worked today as a living history gallery. A 1918 mine is exhibited at Audrey Park, engulfed by a glass seeing stage. As of late, the city’s midtown area has been totally rejuvenated, home today to delightful workmanship displays, old fashioned shops, stores, and scrumptious eating objections inside some time ago empty notable structures. Close by, Tuzigoot National Monument saves a native pueblo set on a ridge which further makes it a top weekend destination from Sedona.
- McDowell Mountain Regional Park: McDowell Mountain Regional Park is a flawless 21,000-section of land recreational area situated inside Arizona’s northern Fountain Hills district, known as an excellent spot for occasional outside sporting exercises in the Sedona region. The recreation center, which is situated along the McDowell Mountain reach’s western end, arrives at statures of 3,000 feet above ocean level, home to a fantastic organization of more than 50 multi-use climbing, mountain trekking, and horseback riding trails. Serious mountain bikers can utilize three mountain trekking circle tracks of changing trouble levels. The recreation center is known as an astounding spot for natural life watching, home to local species like javelin, deer and coyotes and is also one of the most popular weekend getaways from Sedona. Guests can likewise remain at the recreation center’s tent and RV hookup campgrounds, which offer outdoor tables, bathrooms, showers, and open air fire rings.
- Mogollon Rim: Mogollon Rim is a dazzling ledge incline along the Colorado Plateau, extending for more than 320 kms between Yavapai County of Arizona and its line with adjoining state New Mexico. The edge is named for Don J. Flores Mogollón, who was the Spanish Governor of New Mexico and administered the region somewhere in the range of 1712 and 1715 and makes for a fabulous weekend destination from Sedona. All through the twentieth century, the edge was most popular as the home of American creator Zane Gray’s renowned chasing lodge. Terrific sandstone and limestone bluff developments are in plain view all through the edge, including the celebrated Coconino and Kaibab precipice extends. Excellent gulches like Pine Canyons and Fossil Creek likewise make for staggering nature photographic sites. Guests can appreciate openings for climbing, horseback riding, fishing, and boondocks skiing consistently.
- Payson: Payson is usually alluded to as the “Heart of Arizona” for its focal area inside the Arizona scene. The beguiling city is predominantly encircled by the excellent National Forest of Tonto and is popular for its exceptional calm Mediterranean environment, which remains in direct difference to a large portion of the state’s desert districts. Guests can investigate the city’s exquisite coldwater lakes, which fill in as mainstream all year amusement destinations for fishing, horseback riding, and climbing, or view the staggering Mogollon Rim natural development, one of the state’s most eminent natural miracles. Other common locales incorporate the Tonto Natural Bridge, the world’s biggest regular scaffold. Three title fairways offer freedoms to hit the connections, while the Mazatzal Casino is home to a vivacious game floor and heavenly cafés. The city has also been the home of the world’s most established ongoing yearly rodeo since 1884.
- Phoenix: Phoenix is Arizona’s wonderful capital city, home to a populace of more than 1,000,000 inhabitants, making it the biggest capital in the entire United States. Phoenix, which secures the state’s exquisite Valley of the Sun area, is referred to for great social attractions like the beguiling memorable center point Heritage Square, which saves a plenty of nineteenth century structures and is home to family-accommodating attractions like the Science Center of Arizona. Guests can notice eminent masterpieces at the Phoenix Art Museum or scrutinize stunning craftsmanship displays at pleasant Roosevelt Row. Jack Nicklaus-planned greens offer freedoms to hit the connections, while top-of-the-line spa resorts give restoration and unwinding. Close by, the Sonoran Desert is home to well-known perception focuses like Camelback Mountain which makes it a top weekend destination from Sedona.
FAQs For Tourists Looking For Some Best Weekend Getaways From Sedona
Q1. How Long Does It Takes To Reach The Grand Canyon From Sedona?
Ans: It takes about 2 hours to reach the Grand Canyon from Sedona.
Q2. Is There Entry Charges At The Grand Canyon?
Ans: Yes, there are entry charges to explore Grand Canyon.
Q3. How Far Is Phoenix From Sedona?
Ans: Phoenix is just 188 km away from Sedona and it takes about 2 hours to reach it.