Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam (Guntur) Travel Guide (2020)
There are specific reasons why human beings are called social animals. Certain things apart from food, shelter, and water are necessary for us to survive. Religion is one such subject that provides human beings with belongingness and stability. In India, different mythologies have different gods, which are worshipped and followed by particular communities. People of other areas in India revere several forms of the same God. In southern India, in the place called Guntur, there is a famous temple of Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam. It is considered one of the best places to visit in Guntur in Andhra Pradesh. People from all parts of the world visit the Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam temple to seek the blessings of the Gods and find serenity. One must have knowledge of various things before visiting the Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam temple. Image Source
The History of Kotappakonda
The tourists visiting the place must know the history of the temple before the trip. The term Kotappakonda or Trikutaparvattam means a three-peaked hill. This is because the temple is located 25 miles away from the Guntur district, all three peaks offer a delightful view of all three hills from any side of the temple. Every year, devotees in large groups visit the Kotappakonda temple to worship the Gods and seek their blessings.
- The folklore says that there was a cattleman named Sundudu, who lived with his wife on the hills. They once had a daughter named Andavalli; she became devoted to Lord Shiva.
- Most of her time was spent in the prayers of Lord Shiva, leading her to give up all the worldly pleasures of life. One day Lord Jangama Devara appeared before her and said that he was happy with her penance, so he blessed her with a child.
- Andavalli continued her penance, so to make her realize that the child was a part of him, he turned himself into a Lingam and hid in the caves of Trikuta hills.
- Andavalli became one with God after that, and now the temple is popularly called New Koteswara temple.
Reasons Why You Must Visit Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam
If you are a religious person and believe that the existence of energies determines the presence of human beings, then you must visit Kotappakonda temple in Guntur. The folklore told by the local people in this village will make you believe in the history of Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam. That is why it is one of the most-visited places in Guntur. Guntur is surrounded by spirituality and serenity that offer calmness and compute to people who visit the place to seek truthfulness. Even if you are not a religious person, the natural greenery of the hills will catch your attention, and you will be awestruck by the beauty around you.
The Three Famous Hills In Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam
The name has been adopted from the meanings of three leaked peaks; these hills are Rudra, Brahma, and Vishnu hills. They are called Trikuta hills because they are visible from all directions in the same way. The three hills have relevance to certain Gods of the Indian mythology which are:
- Brahma Shikharam – The Creator The main temple of Trikoteswara is present in these hills. Lord Brahma is considered to be the God who created the entire universe. This is why he is worshipped the most.
- Vishnu Shikaram – The Preserver Lord Vishnu is worshipped by all. The devotees visit the Lord Paapanaseswara Temple every year in thousands to seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
- Rudra/Maheshwara Shikharam – The Destroyer The Trikuta hills inhibit three temples. The third one is the Old Kottaya temple of Lord Rudra or Maheshwara. It is considered a significant place to worship amongst the tourists.
Unknown Facts About Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam:
There are several unknown facts about Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam temple. There are numerous places to visit In Guntur, but people get attracted the most by this temple.
- The three hills are distinctive in their ways and house three shrines of the gods of the Hindu mythology, which are dedicated to the Hindu Trinity.
- All the temples on all three hills are visited by lakhs of devotees, tourists, worshippers to seek salvation and peace in their lives.
Attractions Near Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam
The temple is surrounded by greenery. The hills offer a stunning view of the sky meeting the horizon. The locals around the temples have eating spaces where they provide authentic South Indian dishes. So if you are visiting Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam, you must not miss the taste of South Indian food.
Things To Remember Before Going To Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam
Below mentioned things should be checked in advance to avoid any hassle during the trip:
How To Reach?
There are various routines through which tourists can easily reach the temple. Since Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam is located in a hilly region, it can be reached by road. Local jeeps and cars are available, which can take you to the temples directly. You can hire a cab service also from the Guntur railway station or Gannavaram Airport in Vijayawada to teach your destination.
People who visit temples in the Guntur district can be easily accommodated in hotels around the city. These hotels have good ratings and affordable tariff rates since it is the pilgrimage region.
The Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam temple has specific opening timings during which people can catch a glance of the idols of the Gods inside the temples. It is open on all days, from 6:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM. The visitors can easily get entry and worship during these hours.
Best Time To Visit:
The summers in Andhra Pradesh can be uncomfortable. It is advised that the best time to visit Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam is between October and March. The cold weather offers you a better view of the Trikuta hills. During the Mahashivratri festival, called the Thirunallu festival, people from different regions arrive at the temple to devote themselves and seek blessings from Lord Shiva. The festivity around the temples during that time is one to be witnessed and not be missed.
Several tourist places in Andhra Pradesh are flooded with people from all parts of the world due to the scenic beauty of the city. However, there are certain religious places like Kotappakonda Trikutaparvattam, which hold great significance in people’s lives. Since it has historical folklore, people who believe in God get attracted to the hills and visit the place. However, it is a sacred place, but areas surrounding the temples also offer a great time during the trip for all tourists. You may not get salvation, but you can find yourself at such sites again.