Visit Ranthambore in Rajasthan: One Of The Best Tiger Reserves Of The Country Of India (2021)
Are you planning a fun getaway to break out of your monotonous life but are unable to final the right vacation destination? Are you a true wildlife enthusiast? Do you wish to explore the rich heritage and vibrant culture of the Indian state of Rajasthan? If your answer to all these questions is yes, then don’t worry anymore because we are here to help you. The India state of Rajasthan is one wonderful place and is popular among travellers all over the world for its rich heritage, royal palaces, vibrant culture, traditions and a lot more. However, when talking about the rich wildlife of the state, then there can be no better tourist place to visit in Rajasthan for you than Ranthambore. Popular for housing one of the best tiger reserves of the country of India, Ranthambore welcomes hundreds and even thousands of travellers round the year who come to admire the beauty and wildlife of the place.
Though mainly known for the Ranthambore National Park and the tiger reserve, Ranthambore is not just about wildlife. There is a lot more to explore in this region ranging from a majestic fort, natural beauty, mesmerising locales to grand palaces and royal ruins. No matter whether you are going on a solo trip or on a fun vacation with family, a trip to Ranthambore is ideal for anyone and everyone. If this popular tourist place in Rajasthan piques your curiosity and interest, then you have stumbled across the right article. In this Ranthambore travel guide we have collected some important information about the place so that you have a memorable and fantastic travelling experience. Continue reading to know more!
What Is The Best Time To Visit Ranthambore, Rajasthan?
The Ranthambore National Park opens in the month of October and stays open till the month of June. Though the place receives travellers throughout the course of this period, when talking about the best time to visit Ranthambore, then it would probably be somewhere during the months of October and December. These are the months when the place experiences winter seasons. Moreover, the duration between the months of October and April are just perfect for spotting tigers. Other than that, during the monsoon season the park remains closed. So, tourism during monsoon is minimal.
How to Reach Ranthambore, Rajasthan?
If the worry of reaching the place or facing travelling issues is keeping you awake day and night, then you are absolutely worried for just nothing. Ranthambore is one of the most popular tourist places to visit in Rajasthan and is well-connected with the rest of the country through multiple modes of transports. You can easily reach it:
- By Air: The nearest airport to reach Ranthambore is the Jaipur International Airport. This airport is located at a distance of about 160 km from Ranthambore. This airport not only provides a plenty of flights throughout the country but also connects the place to many foreign locations as well. Once you reach the airport, you can easily take a cab or hire a taxi to reach your destination.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to reach Ranthambore is the Sawai Madhopur Railway station. It lies on the Delhi – Mumbai Trunk Route. The best part is that this railway station is located at a distance of just 11 km from the Ranthambore national park. Hence, a lot of travellers from all over the country prefer travelling to Ranthambore via railways network.
- By Road: You will be pleased to know that Ranthambore is well – connected to a plenty of major cities of the country via Sawai Madhopur. However, Kota – Ranthambore proves to be a prominent highway that is often used by tourists travelling via roadways. The distance from his highway can be easily covered within a duration of about 1.5 hours. Also, since Jaipur is situated just 160 km away from Ranthambore, you can easily travel between the places in a duration of about 3 hours.
Popular Tourist Places to Visit in Ranthambore, Rajasthan
When looking for a vacation destination, the first thing a person usually checks is the kind of sightseeing attractions that the destination houses. However, as far as Ranthambore is concerned, you don’t have to worry as there are plenty of interesting tourist places to visit in Ranthambore.
Some of the top ones are as follows:
1. Ranthambore National Park
Nestled in the foothills of the majestic Vindhya and Aravalli Hills, Ranthambore National Park is undoubtedly one of the prime tourist attractions to visit in Ranthambore. It is almost symbolic of the place. Well-known throughout the country to house relatively ‘friendly’ tigers, it is said that the chances of spotting a tiger here are reasonably more than many other tiger reserves throughout the country. Other than that, the place also boasts of having a rich collection of flora and fauna, making it nothing short of a paradise to explore for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts.
Watching the animals roaming freely in their natural habitat is a beautiful site to watch. In fact, owing to the picturesque settings of the place, the national park is often frequented by a plenty of photographers as well. For fun and thrill, one can undertake several exciting excursions and jeep safaris here. Sprawling over a vast area of about 392 square km, Ranthambore National Park is a home to a plethora of exotic wildlife species and bird variety. A vast number of birdwatchers come to this place too.
- Opening Hours: You can visit the place anytime in between 6 AM till 7 PM.
- Total Time to explore: It takes about 2 to 3 hours to properly explore the place.
- Best time to visit: For the best experience, it is recommended that you plan your visit to Ranthambore National Park during the months of October and April.
- Entry Fee: For visiting the national park, visitors have to pay an entry fee of Rs. 500 to Rs. 1500.
- Jeep Safari Facility Timings: The timings for jeep safari are-
- Winter Season: 7 AM till 10.30 AM and from 2.30 PM till 5.30 PM
- Summer Season: 6 AM till 9.30 AM and from 3 PM till 6.30 PM
- Jeep Safari Facility Charges: The cost for jeep safari is-
- Indian Nationals: If you are an Indian citizen, then the cost of jeep safari for you is Rs. 800.
- Foreign Nationals: If you are a foreign traveller, then the cost of jeep safari for you is Rs. 1600.
2. Ranthambore Fort
Estimated to have been built in the 10th century, Ranthambore fort stands proudly in all its glory till date. Other than standing tall over the entire national park, Ranthambore fort built by the Chauhan dynasty boasts of being a UNESCO World Heritage Site as well. There is a lot for you to explore inside the fort ranging from a majestic temple of Lord Ganesha known by the name of the Trinetra Ganesh Temple. Devotees from all over the country flock to this temple throughout the year to seek blessings and pray to the deity. There are two other temples located in the Ranthambore fort premises as well which are dedicated to Lord Shiva and Ramlalji respectively. Other two highlights of this popular tourist place to visit in Ranthambore are the two Jain temples which are devoted to Lord Sumatinath and Lord Sambhavnath. Surrounded by a massive strong wall, the fort boasts of stone pathways and staircases which take you to the top of the structure. As you will trek upwards on the stairs, you will be able to notice stunning traditional Rajasthani architecture with massive pillars, domes, gates, temples and palaces. You will also be pleased to know that there are plenty of monkeys and beautiful peacocks in and around the Ranthambore fort.
- Opening Hours: You can visit the fort anytime between 6 AM till 6 PM.
- Total time to explore: You need about 1 to 2 hours to completely explore the place.
- Entry Fee: For visiting the fort, there is a meagre entry fee. While adults have to pay an entry fee of Rs. 15 per person, for children the entry fee is just Rs. 10 per person.
- Best time to visit: For the best experience, it is recommended to visit the fort either early morning or during the evening hours as the views during these hours are just magical.
With a plethora of exciting places to explore, Ranthambore is undoubtedly one of the best tourist places to visit in Rajasthan. Have a fun trip enjoying the natural charm of Ranthambore, indulging in interesting activities and creating fun memories with your loved ones.
FAQ’s For Tourists Visiting Ranthambore
Q1. What Is The Ideal Duration One Should Spend In Ranthambore?
Ans. Usually people spend about 1 to 2 days in the region to completely explore all the sightseeing attractions.
Q2. What Kind Of Clothes Should One Carry While Travelling To Ranthambore?
Ans. If you are travelling to Ranthambore in the summer season, then make sure to carry the most comfortable, light fabric clothes of coolest colors. Don’t forget to pack a cap, sunglasses and sun protection cream to protect yourself from scorching heat. For the winter season, you must carry thick woollens, gloves and mufflers as the place experiences chilly winters.
Q3. Is Summer Season A Good Time To Visit Ranthambore?
Ans. Avoid visiting Ranthambore during summers as the climate is extremely hot during this season. Not only the temperatures are quite high but the chances of spotting a tiger during this period decrease rapidly.