Maldives Travel Guide: 6 Pristine Places To Visit in Maldives (2022)
Maldives, officially prominent as the Republic of Maldives, is present on the Arabian Sea’s lap in the extensive Indian Ocean. Maldives is a perfect tourist and picnic spot and an exotic honeymoon location. Maldives is a chain of 26 atolls formed by the submergence of the volcanic rocks. The crowns of the volcanic rocks are unequivocally sculpted into the most winsome and stupendous islands, which will leave you amazed by its charismatic and jaw-dropping beauty. The whisk of the white sandy beaches, luxuriant, green frondescence, and the blue, tranquil waves of water provide an arresting view and is a true paradise on Earth. Maldives, also known as “tropical paradise,” is essentially surviving on tourism, which is eminent due to the presence of various magnificent places.
6 Pristine Places To Visit In The Maldives
The 1200 islands of Maldives have many immaculate and hair-raising places. As 99 percent of the place is covered by water, many water sports are also practiced here. The presence of coral reefs also makes trekking to be possible here. The beauty of Maldives is soothing to the eye. The eye-opening and winsome places to visit in Maldives are as follows:
1. MALE ATOLL: Male atoll situated on the southern edge of the Kaafu Atoll, is the capital of Maldives. It provides you an urban and frenetic vibe as it is the largest and the most populated city in the Maldives. It is the most popular city of Maldives and ranks among the top places to visit in the Maldives. It is also known as the Kings Island as it was the abode of the Royal dynasties during earlier periods due to its favorable central location. The moderate temperature of the place also leads it to be a favorable place to visit in Maldives. The tropical Monsoon climate with rains occurring mostly in all months of the year makes it the finest place for couples. Some magnificent and arresting sights to visit in Male are the Grand Friday Mosque, Male Fish Market, the National Museum, Tsunami Monument, Dive Club Maldives, Underwater Scooters, and scuba diving is practiced here. The favorable months to visit Male in Maldives are from November to April.
2. MAAFUSHI: The finest place to escape from the hard-pressed daily life into the sea of tranquillity and serenity, Maafushi in Maldives has ravishing sandy, white beaches with waving palms which allure and invite you to this place and the welcoming little coffee shops on the shore. It is a quintessential place for all the budget-friendly people. It might not have the opulent 5-star hotels but, its serenity and charisma are unequivocally peerless. Unfortunately, the place was destroyed by the 2004 Indian ocean tsunami, but it had constantly been developing its salty jetties and industrial sailor huts in the last decade. The rights given to the local guesthouses have also lent a helping hand in developing it as a tourist destination.
3. BANANA REEF: Shaped like a banana, the Banana Reef is situated on the North Mal atoll. It is eminent for its beauty and is one of the finest and idyllic diving sites in the world due to which it is a significant tourist attraction of Maldives. The recognition of diving and training was first provided to this site in the Maldives. It has luxuriant corals, monumental caves, overhangs, and tranquil marine life. It is a peerless place for all the adventure fanatics as it provides various adventuresome activities like Scuba diving, jet-skiing in the reef, and snorkeling. The ravishing and eye-opening places to visit here are Maldives Victory, Hulhumal Alimatha Island, Manta point and the Biyadhoo island. The months from May to July is the best time to visit Banana Reef in Maldives for diving.
4. SUN ISLAND: Nalaguraidhoo Island edged on the South Ari Atoll, also known as the Sun island is adorned with luxurious life for its guests. It is one of the best places to visit in Maldives and is the finest tourist destinations for all the nature aficionados to bask in the lap of nature. It is adorned with jaw-dropping beaches, lush frondescence, and appealing flowers. The serene and tranquil waves of sparkling blue waters with the opulent resorts make sure to leave no stone unturned to give its guests immense joy. The summer season from March to April is suitable for water sports. Snorkeling, diving, and windsurfing are famous activities practiced here.
5. ALIMATHA ISLAND: Located in the Vaavu atoll and the eastern side of Maldives, this island is for canoeing in the water. The serene, azure, and sparkling waters provide you an escape from the hectic lives by providing you various water sports like snorkeling, boating, and diving. Alimatha Island in Maldives is the most visited place by couples and is a honeymoon destination as well. The sunny beaches with radiant white sand are also used to play volleyball matches. To rejuvenate your body from the hectic journey, Ayurvedic massage parlours and spas are also available. Fotte Kandu, Alimatha aquatic resort and the diving and snorkeling in Miyaru Kandu are the breathtaking places to visit here.
6. ARTIFICIAL BEACH: As suggested by its name, this beach is artificial and is situated on the North Male atoll. It is an exemplary place for all the swimming aficionados and ranks among the top places to visit in the Maldives, which will leave you flabbergasted by its natural view. The Artificial beach is an open area and an ideal place for the youngsters to enjoy their evenings as the beach hosts various water sports, carnivals, and peaceful walks. The restrictions on clothing are imposed in this area as per the local law. The evenings are quite vibrant, owing to the performance of various songs and jams. The must-visit place are the Manta point, Kani corner, Nassimo Thila, and the Shark Point. The best time to visit Artificial Beach in Maldives is from November to April.
7. BIYADHOO ISLAND: Stationed in South Mal atoll, Biyadhoo island is amongst one of the most famous places to visit in the Maldives. It is spread over ten acres of land and is 10 miles away from the International airport of south Mal. The Malunufushi island is in close proximity to this place. The luxuriant and abundant vegetation of tomatoes, cucumbers, bananas, coconuts, cabbage, and mangoes is also seen in the Biyadhoo island. Its eminence also owes to its serene waves of water, which sparkle from the heat of the Sun and its water sports like snorkeling, canoe paddling, and scuba diving. Due to this, Biyadhoo island is also known as the scuba diving island. The cocoa island by Como, Beachwood hotel, Crystal sands, Island cottage, etc. are the opulent hotels to provide you a comfortable stay and balance your tiredness with the opulence and comfort.
Watch Video Amazing View of Stingray on Maldives Beach
You can choose your destination according to your taste and preference among the various serene, adventurous, and historical places in the Maldives. Be it the tranquil and sparkling waters, the sunbathed and sandy beaches, lush frondescence, architectural monuments, adventurous water sports, vibrant evening performances, opulent resorts, or a walk down the history, Maldives has all of these. If all this has set your epinephrine rushing, then you should unequivocally plan a vacation with your near and dear ones to the Maldives!