11 Amazing Beaches of Rhodes Island (2023)
The Island of Rhodes has several beautiful beaches. Some beaches have white sand, some brown and some beach has black pebbles stone as well as smooth black sand. The most attractive and scenic beaches are located on the east coast of Rhodes island.
- Faliraki Beach The beach is located 10 km South of Rhodes City. Most repeat tourists from northern European countries stay at a hotel or rental apartment near the beach for 3 to 5 days. There are several coffee shops, restaurants, and a strip center near the beach. Visitors can rent an umbrella, bed, or equipment of sea sports at the beach.Image Source
- Anthony Quinn BeachThe beach is 15 km south on the east coast of Rhodes island. The beach is small and surrounded by rocks, hill, and vegetation that includes shrubs and trees. The beach has limited sandy space and often gets crowded. Most visitors are locals and frequent visitors. Tourists who visit the beach often live in the nearest village.
- Tsambika BeachThe Tsambika beach is located 26 km south on the east coast of Rhodes island. The beach is popular among people from neighboring islands. People come to the island in a small boat for a day trip. The Tsambika beach has smooth as well as coarse sand that is brown and goldish. The beach is less crowded and the tourist can rent an umbrella, chairs, beds, and water sports equipment. There is a chapel built about 240 meters high on the flat landof a small hill that is located next to Tsambika beach. The chapel is known as Kyra Panagia Monastery.
- Saint Paul’s Bay Beach Saint Paul Bay Beach is 48 km south on the east coast from the city center of Rhodes. The tourist enjoys the scenic drive and arrives at the most unique beach of Island of Rhodes. The spectacular beach is surrounded by mountains and rocks. The beach is located next to the historic village of Lindos. Visitors also visit the Acropolis of Lindos and the white chapel. The water next to the beach is often warmer than the surrounding ocean. Lots of colorful fishes are often found hiding along with the stones and Saint Paul Bay Beach is one of the best places for snorkeling. There is equipment available for rent at the beach of water sports.
- Kiotari Beach The beach is 58 km south on the east coast from the city center of the city of Rhodes. The beach is filled with black sand and black pebbles. There are several hotels and rental properties near the beach. There are several greek authentic seafood restaurants near the beach. Tourists can participate in canoeing, water ski, and other water sports.
- Gennadi Beach The Gennadi beach is 62 km south on the east coast from the city center of Rhodes. In front of sandy and pebble stones beach is a clear blue water. Beach is less crowded and often families with children come to spend a day at the beach. There are restaurants, bars, and gift shops on the beach. There are several good hotels and apartments for rent near the beach.
- Prasonisi Beach The Prasonisi beach is located 105 km south of the city center of Rhodes. Prasonisi means a green island. The beach is at the southern tip of the island. The beach separates the Aegean Sea on the west side and the Mediterranean Sea on the east side. Several visitors from Europe and North America come to the beach for windsurfing and kiteboarding. Tourist also visits the nearest remains of the temples that were built in 650 BC and lighthouse.
The following beaches are popular among locals and people coming from the nearest island.
- Pefki beach-The beach is located only 4 km away from Lindos and 52 km from the city of Rhodes. The beach is less crowded and quieter, most locals from the nearest village prefer to come to this beach.
- Agathi Beach-The beach is 42 km from the city of Rhodes on the east coast. The beach is small and less crowded. Most locals like to come to this beach with extended families and friends.
- Vlicha(or Vlycha) Beach-The beach is close to the village Lindos and about 42 km from the city of Rhoads on the east coast. The beach has restaurants, gift shops, and also an umbrella and chairs for rent. Families with children like to come and spend a few hours at this beach.
- Glystra Beach-The beach is about 53 km from the city of Rhodes on the east coast. The beach has fine sand as well as shallow crystal clear water. Most families like to spend a few hours during weekends with children at this beach.