12 Top Amusement Parks in Oklahoma (2022)
Oklahoma is present in the south-central region in America, meaning the ‘’People of Red”. It lies in the Gulf of Mexico watershed with more than 10 different ecological regions, making it one of the most geographically diverse states. Its modern museums, art galleries and lavish gardens makes Oklahoma a popular choice for a relaxing and allaying expedition for couples and families alike. But if you’re an adrenaline junkie planning your next break at Oklahoma looking for some thrill and excitement, make your way to one of the top Amusement Parks found here!
12 Top Amusement Parks in Oklahoma
- Frontier City Themed Park: Situated in Oklahoma City and owned by the EPR, Frontier city is a western themed park catering to people of all ages. Along with water and thrill rides, it also has live shows, kid rides, merch stores and quality restaurants to keep your entertainment and hunger in check. They also offer group ticket packages so it’s perfect not just for families, but office and school outings as well. Opening hours: Mon – Fri: 10 am – 6 pm; Sat: 10am – 8pm; Sun: 12 pm – 6 pm
- Safari Joe’s H2O Water Park: With Oklahoma having hot and humid climate, it is the perfect getaway from the summer heat, located in the heart of Tulsa. You can rent tubes at the water roller coasters and the wave pool at the shark beach if you have kids brought along. They also provide lockers in varying sizes to store all your essential belongings (or non-essential, we don’t judge) for rent so you can enjoy your time without any worries. The water park is not just related to water related activities, they also have basketball and volleyball courts, and adventure playsets for your children while you can enjoy yourself at the bars and cafes. Opening hours: Mon – Thu :10 am to 6 pm, Fri – Sat: 10 am to 8 pm, Sun: 10 am to 6 pm
- Kiddie Park: An excellent niche for your young ones if you’re with your family. It’s a park tailor made for children and toddlers where admission is free and each ticket costs 50 cents for rides. You can also rent the park for your kid’s birthday or company picnic trips. Situated in Bartlesville, this hidden gem only opens seasonally so do your research well before you plan a trip here. Opening Hours: Tuesday – Thursday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Friday – Saturday: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Sunday – Monday: Closed
- Hurricane Harbour: One of the biggest in Oklahoma City, Hurricane harbour is a family-friendly amusement park and a part of the Six Flag chain that has international visitors on a monthly basis. It provides rides like the Bonzai pipeline, Big Kahuna, dive bomb and the famous Bermuda triangle. A complete package, it is a place where you can bond with your families and loved ones and make unforgettable memories with them. They also provide annual and group passes if you wish to visit this place every year.
Opening hours: Mon – Fri: 11 am to 5 pm, Sat – Sun: 11 am to 6 pm
- Water-Zoo Indoor Water Park: Open year-round, this wholesome and exciting water park is suitable for people of all ages and provides free parking and tubes along with safe and secure rental lockers. They have a 4-story body slide for teenagers and adults and the young ones can use the mezzanine waterslide of varying length. If you wish to dry the water off, they have multiple lounges and cabanas that you can rent to rest under the warm sun. They even have hotel and inn packages if you plan to stay for a couple of days. You can even celebrate your child’s birthday by renting one of their birthday rooms and can buy gifts from the gift shop. Opening Hours: Mon – Thu: closed, Fri: 4 am to 9 pm, Sat – Sun: 10 am to 8 pm
- Kiddieland Park: The local’s favourite, Kiddieland Park is a recreational and fun playground for children and adults alike. It has been operational for 50 years and has attractions like tilt-a-whirl, merry-go-round and the snow cone stand. It is situated in Duncan and can be reserved for private parties from March till September. This place is also recommended if you’re on a budget and is good for planning picnics and meeting with the family. Opening hours: Mon – Wed: closed, Thu – Sun: 7 pm to 9 pm
- River Country Family Water Park: The River Country Family water park, located in Muskogee, is one of the go-to venues for a short and exciting escapade from the heat of summers for locals and outsiders alike. It features thrilling water slides, frog ponds, sandbox beaches and full-service restaurants. This amusement park in Oklahoma also provides party pavilions for birthday celebrations along with a kiddie playground to keep the children happy and busy. If you’re with a large group or plan to conduct an office outing, you can even rent the entire park if you make your reservations beforehand. Opening hours: Mon: closed, Tue – Wed: 12pm to 6pm, Thu: 12pm to 8pm, Fri – Sat: 11am to 6pm, Sun: 1 pm to 6 pm
- Pelican Bay Aquatic Center: Perfect for a summertime rendezvous with your entire family, the Pelican Bay Aquatic Center is open seasonally ,in the city of Edmond, to the residents and the greater OKC area. It includes a current channel, driving boards and a climbing wall along with lavish bathhouses. They also offer personalised swimming lessons on weekends or weekdays for beginners and children, with the best instructors provided. You can arrange your birthday parties in a Cabana (food not included) or go big and rent the entire amusement park to yourself for the day. Opening Hours: Mon – Fri: 12 pm to 6 pm, Sat – Sun: 11 am to 6 pm, Twilight hours Tue and Thu: 7 pm to 9 pm
- Celebration Station: With hospitable staff and fun attractions, the Celebration station in Oklahoma City makes up for the best amusement park for your next celebration. It has arcades, bumper boats, go-Karts and a 18-hole miniature golf course to keep people entertained and incite some friendly competition. They also have some birthday party and group event packages available year-round. Opening hours: Mon – Thu: 11 am to 9 pm, Fri – Sat: 11 am to 11 pm, Sun: 11 am to 10 pm
- Crystal Beach Water Park: Offering a relaxing and soothing atmosphere, the Crystal Beach Water park in Woodward acts as a family-friendly haven from the extremities of the summer fever. From horseshoe pitching and wall climbing to paddle-water crafts and water rides, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. It also provides lockers, concessions and shaded picnic areas if you wish to recuperate for more exciting activities later. Oh, and they sell one of the best burgers in town. Opening Hours: Mon – Thu: 12 pm to 7 pm, Fri – Sat: 12 pm to 8 pm, Sun: 1 pm to 7 pm
- Shawnee Splash Water Park: Situated in Shawnee, The Shawnee Splash Water Park features outdoor complexes such as the pool and spray grounds area, basketball courts and restrooms and dressing rooms. It is also pet friendly and hosts multiple swim events for the same. Earlier it used to be the Shawnee Municipal Community swimming pool, but after its restoration it became one of the town’s landmarks and is popular among the locals and traveller alike. One of their newest additions was the Vortex elevation in the leisure pool area which is perfectly safe for the children to dive in. Opening Hours: Mon: closed, Tue – Sun: 12 pm to 7 pm
- Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park: A unique and one of its kind place, Urban Air Trampoline and Adventure Park can be found in Tulsa and Moore in the Oklahoma state. It is a place where people can challenge their body and minds and offers a safe environment for you to jump, soar, rise and play. Weekly events are arranged to keep things fresh such as climbing walls, battle beams, go-karts and prozone trampolines. If you’re a gamer you definitely want to check out their VR headsets and prepare for an adventure you’ve never had before. They also have a full service café ready to quench any of your cravings. Opening hours: Mon – Thu: 11 am to 8 pm, Fri – Sat: 11 am to 10 pm, Sun: 12 pm to 8 pm
These are some of the amusement parks you can visit during your excursion. So, grab your swimwear and towels and sign up your family this summer for the most unforgettable and extraordinary experience in Oklahoma. We wish to see you soon!