Visit Austin: Explore The Beauty Of Austin, Texas and Places To Visit (2021)
A city that was founded in the year 1839 and popularly known as “The Live Music Capital of the World”. We are talking about Austin, Texas, which is located in the United States. The region has now transformed into an all-new modern look with technological advancements and various educational institutions. There are plenty of locations in Austin city, which are filled with beautiful architecture and amazing landscapes, making it a perfect destination for your next getaway.
Taking trips around the world is essential as it fills you up with new perspectives and also breaks the monotony of daily life, and Austin is the perfect holiday destination for you! The serenity of Lady Bird Lake is sure to snatch away all the chaos from your life. There are several restaurants in Austin that offer delicious food with lively eclectic music, which are perfect for just chilling and relaxing with your friends and family.
What Is The Best Time To Visit Austin, Texas?
A significant factor in planning your holiday trips is making a note of the weather conditions of your desired destination. This has a major role in ensuring that you have a great time during your tour. If you are planning to visit Austin for your next trip, it is best to make sure that the temperature is optimum and you are able to go sightseeing.
The best time to visit Austin, Texas, is during the months of September to November, when the temperature is perfect for traveling around the city. Another time period slot is March to May, which allows the visitors to experience the best of Austin. You do not have to worry about scorching heat or freezing cold.
Things To Do During Your Stay In Austin, Texas
There is a lot to do in “Violet Crown City,” which holds the place of being the best city in America. Let us look at a list of things that you can enjoy during your stay in Austin, Texas.
- Rent A Bike: You can rent a bike and go exploring the magnificence of the city with your loved ones or solo. The electric bikes are available for daily adventures.
- Hamilton Pool: If you are a water baby, then do not forget to take a dive into Hamilton Pool. You will be amazed at the beauty of this place, which is surrounded by sparkling limestone and a waterfall with pristine blue water falling from a height of 50 feet. Make sure you make the reservations for a comfortable experience.
- The Escape Game: Do not forget to have fun playing the escape game during your stay in Austin. Before you plan a visit to this exciting place, make sure to check for recommendations as there are various options available.
- Boat Ride: If you are looking for a well-planned day out in Austin, then a boat ride in Lake Austin needs to be there on your list. You can check our Lake Travis for a memorable time with your loved ones.
- Have Fun At Zipline: Austin not only has a variety of splendid locations to give you a run for your money, but you can also make the most of the Zipline adventure activity at Lake Travis. It not only makes you feel that adrenaline rush, but you also get to experience the picturesque aerial views of the surroundings.
- Witness the Splendor of Barton Springs: Do not forget to enjoy the lush green panoramic views around Barton Springs. If the temperature is a bit too hot, you can even cool off by taking a dip into the natural pool.
- Enjoy The Live Music: Since the city is popular for its live music sessions that create magic, a trip to Austin, Texas is incomplete without a fun time at local cafes, indulging in some drinks and snacks with live performances by talented musicians and singers. Some of the major recommendations are Mohawk, Stubb’s, and Erno’s.
- Trek at Mount Bonnell: To add to the fun of your trip to Austin, Texas, you can plan a trek to Mount Bonnell. It is the highest point in Austin, which is located at the height of 775 feet. The entire trek is worth it as you get to witness the mesmerizing views of sparkling Lake Austin amidst hills.
10 Major Tourist Attractions In Austin, Texas
1. Texas State Capitol
The architecture of the Texas State Capitol building will leave you awe-struck. The building is visible from a distance of several miles and attracts tourists from all over the world. This place acts as the chamber for the government officials of the United States. The building is beautifully adorned with intricate wall carvings on red granite. The interiors are well-maintained, and you can spot some grand brass chandeliers that magnify the royalty of this place. Image Source
2.Blanton Museum of Art
If you are an art lover, then this is just the right place for you. Situated in the University of Texas, Blanton Museum has a collection of more than 18,000 pieces of artwork from all over Europe, Latin-American art, and contemporary style art pieces. You can spot some fine artworks by Veronese, Rubens, Simon Vouet, Natalie Frank, and various other renowned artists. The interiors of the museum are itself praiseworthy.
If you are a shopaholic or just looking for options for entertainment, then South Congress Avenue is the perfect location for you. You can spot some amazing options when it comes to food, boutiques, entertainment, galleries, bars, and much more. The entire vibe of this location is so vibrant. You can enjoy live music while taking a stroll around the streets. The walls even have creative murals that are sure to make your heads turn. You can spot some funkiest and most popular brands on this street.
4.Zilker Botanical Garden
Spread across a stretch of 30 acres, the Zilker Botanical Garden is sure to provide you a peaceful experience during your stay in Austin, Texas. The tranquil vibe of this place is going to still your heart. There is a huge variety in terms of flora and fauna. The garden is divided into nine sections, particularly dedicated to succulents, herbs, fragrances, roses, and various other species of plants and other creatures. The interesting part is, in the former quarry, dinosaur footprints were discovered, which lead to forming the landscape of this beautiful place.
5.McKinney Falls State Park
You can enjoy the great views at McKinney Falls State Park, which is spread across an area of 750 acres. The natural beauty of this place is sure to provide you the best time during your visit to Austin. You can spot turtles around the pool area. The area is surrounded by beautiful limestone rocks and several small beaches. You can take a dip into the pool or enjoy a bicycle ride. You can also spot some historical remains here
6.Umlauf Sculpture Garden And Museum
Charles Umlauf was a renowned artist from Texas who donated his studio, home, and 168 sculptures to Austin city. Later on, a sculpture garden was opened here. The place is quite intense in terms of its art offerings. You can spot various sculptures made with wood, bronze, terracotta, marble, alabaster, and various other materials. The feel of this place is unbelievable.
7.Mayfield Park And Preserve
The lush green surroundings of this place that is extended to an area of 23 acres, the Mayfield Park And Preserve has been in existence since the 1870s. This site is located next to the Laguna Gloria Lagoon and serves as home to peacocks. Photographers love capturing the beauty of this place. Several wedding functions are also organized here due to the beautiful surroundings.
8. Elisabet Ney Museum
A German-American Sculptor, Elisabet Ney, established her studio near Austin Hyde’s Park in the year 1892. This place has a collection of her best artworks, including various casts, artwork made with marbles, tools that she used for carving these pieces, and some of her personal stuff. You can witness all these things and much more at a permanent exhibition that showcases her timeline.
This place has been working tremendously towards reforming the lives of animals that have endured cruelty and some re-homed exotic species of pets. There are several animals, including cougars, tigers, bobcats, wolf hybrids, ring tailed lemurs, emus, macaws, etc.
This place is widely known for its exhibit galleries that are eight in number. It is a perfect place for someone who is interested in learning about science and technological advancements. It also allows visitors to create their own stop animation. It also allows the children to make their own toys and adults can too have some fun during their visit.