Rushikonda Beach Travel Guide : Jewel of the East Coast in Vizag, Andhra Pradesh (2024)
Are you planning a trip to Andhra Pradesh? Are you searching for some of the best tourist places in Andhra Pradesh that you must visit? If your answer is yes, then be rest assured as you are in for a great time. A vacation to Andhra Pradesh is a complete entertainment package flooded with numerous exciting attractions, natural beauty and fun activities. Visakhapatnam which is also referred as the beach city of Andhra Pradesh attracts tourists from all over the country to spend some relaxed moments on the serene shores in the company of pristine waters and soft sand. If you are a beach baby, then the Rushikonda Beach is one of the perfect tourist places in Vizag, Andhra Pradesh for you. Also known by the name of Rishikonda Beach, it is a stunning shore situated on the coast of the mesmerising Bay of Bengal in Visakhapatnam in the Indian State of Andhra Pradesh. This beach is well known for its soft golden sands and tidy waves of Bay of Bengal. The serene golden sands of the beach are located in the bosom of the mighty Rushikonda Hills.
Rushikonda Beach Travel Guide : ‘Jewel of the East Coast’ in Vizag, Andhra Pradesh
Surrounded by lush green plants, Rushikonda beach is undoubtedly one of the best beaches in Visakhapatnam. APTDS is in charge of this natural beauty and they have actually done a great job in maintaining the beach. They have ensured that this natural attraction remains unspoilt by the visitors. As a result of its absolute cleanliness, the beach is also listed as one of the virgin beaches of South India. Owing to its essential and intact natural beauty, it is not at all surprising why the Rushikonda beach is named as the ‘Jewel of the East Coast’. Apart from attracting nature lovers in huge numbers because of its picture – perfect appearance, Rushikonda beach is suitable for all kind of travellers despite their age groups. Want to know more about it? If yes, then you have arrived at just the right place. Continue reading!
Distance from the Vizag City: The beautiful Rushikonda beach is an ideal destination for a peaceful weekend getaway as it is situated just about 8 km away from the port of Visakhapatnam, making the place easily accessible for almost everyone.
Water Sports That You Can Enjoy At The Rushikonda Beach:
Other than its scenic beauty, another thing which catches the attention of a large number of travellers coming here is the wide range of water sport activities that are offered here. If you are an adventure enthusiast and are looking forward to add a tinge of thrill and some adrenalin rush in your Andhra Pradesh vacation, then your wish will be granted here. The Rushikonda beach is one of the few beaches in Andhra Pradesh that offers swimming under expert supervision. So, even if you don’t know swimming much and want to take a dip in the water, do not hesitate, invoke your inner mermaid and go for a soothing swim in the pristine waters of Bay of Bengal. However, the vast stretch of waters of Rushikonda beach are not just limited to swimming.
You can even try your hand at other water sports like water skiing, water surfing, jet skiing and wind surfing here. Interested visitors can also indulge in some enjoyable old boating or for the adventurous motor boat or even the thrilling speed boating. The beach is considered rightly be a haven for windsurfers. Some of the other fun – filled, thrilling and adventure activities that are offered at Rushikonda beach include Scuba diving, Sea Kayak and Snorkel. Hence, now you know why the beach is every adventure lover and water baby’s fantasy.
Things You Can Do At Rushikonda Beach:
You must be pleased to know that Rushikonda beach is considered as one of the most clean and unpolluted natural beaches. Out of the many tourist places in Andhra Pradesh, several tourists prefer visiting this beach for enjoying a peaceful day and to spend some quality moments with their loved ones. The greenery, cleanliness, clear blue waters and golden sands of the beach never fail to capture the hearts of tourists from all across the country. Some of the many things that you can do here are:
- Indulge In Water Sports: As we told you before, there are a plethora of water sports offered here at this stunning beach. Moreover, the pristine crystal clear – blue waters of the Bay of Bengal, increase the fun and thrill manifold. Swimming, water skiing, boating, scuba diving and snorkel are a few of the loved activities. The beach has even an enclosure or an artificial bay that has been created by a breakwater, in order to be used for recreational swimming.
- Relish Some Delicious Delicacies: Food lovers will be pleased to know that they can relish the myriad of food options offered at Rushikonda beach. The Andhra Pradesh tourism has done a great job at the beach by organising an array of restaurants which are known to serve lip – smacking food to the visitors. The coconut water offered here is pretty fresh, so do not miss to sip it. Bhuutas or corns are also easily found here. Image Source
- Ride The Ropeway: Another thrilling activity that you can try when at the beach is the ropeway to the Kailasgiri hill top. Kailasgiri is one of the other scenic tourist places in Andhra Pradesh. After a thrilling ropeway ride, you can even enjoy a delightful toy train ride to witness the mesmerising views of the beautiful city of Vizag. s
- Offer Prayers At The Iskcon Temple: For all the travellers who wish to add a bit of spirituality, would like to know that the Rushikonda beach also houses the famous Iskcon Temple. A lot of visitors who come to enjoy the beach life, also come to pray and seek blessings of the Almighty at this peaceful and soothing temple.
- Take A Leisure Stroll: Though the beach is fun throughout the day but during the even time, the charm of the place is unmatchable. During evening hours, you will find the beach flooded with a number of nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts enjoying some beautiful moments amidst the scenic backdrop of mesmerising sunset views. The cool breeze and the pleasant weather make people crave for going on a leisure stroll.
How To Reach The Rushikonda Beach?
Since the beach is situated at a distance of just about 8 km from the port of Visakhapatnam, you can easily find autos to reach the destination. Moreover, Rushikonda beach being one of the most popular tourist places in Andhra Pradesh, there are local transport options such as buses and cabs readily available as well. If you are not comfortable with local transport, then you can even hire a vehicle or request a cab service to reach the beach from the city. You’ll very easily get a cab or auto on your way back from the beach too.
Located in the midst of frothy blue sea and emerald greenery, Rushikonda beach is immensely mesmerising and breath taking. Suitable for young as well as old people, a trip to Andhra Pradesh is incomplete without visiting this gem of a place.