Visit Kabini River (Kasbani or Kapila River) in Kabini: Top Tourist Places to Visit in Karnataka (2021)
Kaveri River has so many tributaries and among those, Kabini River is one of the major ones. Kabini River is also known by the names of Kasbani or Kapila River. Originating in the district of Wayanad in the Indian state Kerala, it flows eastward into Karnataka, making it one of the top tourist places to visit in Karnataka. Image Source
The backwaters of Kabini River in Kabini have such an amazing variety of flora and fauna in the summer as the level of water reduces and the grassy meadows form. Located in Karnataka, Kabini is the best for you to feel the best of the state and to show you that traveling is one of the best medicines for your soul. The time spent here will be unforgettable for life and you will cherish all the happy memories that you will make here.
Why You Should Visit Kabini River in Kabini?
For all the adventure lovers, Kabini is one of the top tourist places to visit in Karnataka. The wildlife sanctuary on the river’s banks and so many more places make it one of the most desirable places to visit. In ancient times, Kabini was known as the hunting area for Britishers when Britishers ruled our country. Now, it is one of the famous tourist places in India. You can indulge in so many adventures like Trekking, Boating, Jungle Safari, and more. If you want to know about all these fun things that you can do here, keep reading.
- Elephant Safari: Being one of the best things that you could do in Kabini, you get to experience it here. It is a childhood dream of every human to at least once sit on an elephant and have a good and fun elephant ride. Elephant Safari will be an unforgettable experience for you as you will spot so many things that get pretty difficult to spot on other rides.
- Jungle Safari: This is such an exciting adventure for all the adventures out there. Take a deep look into the wildlife of Kabini on the ride in the depth of the jungles of Kabini on a jeep or any small vehicle. Here, you can spot so many wild animals like leopards, tigers, deer, sambar, and many more. You have to follow some conditions as this is under government authorities but other than that, you are good to go.
- Trekking: Many people get excited at the word trekking and for all the trekkers out there, Kabini will fulfill your dream. With the breathtaking beauty of Kabini, the mountains and hills will make your experience of trekking a thousand times better and unforgettable in every aspect. You can enjoy looking at the Western Ghats too.
- Boating: All the people with the love of water, bodies will have such a soulful time while boating in the river Kabini. Such a beautiful experience will be experienced that every time you will close your eyes, you will reach the same place. With this, there is a wide range of flora and fauna that you can spot on. If you get a chance, go for boating at the time of the sunset. This is going to make you fall in love with the place a little more than you already will be.
Kabini River Timings
The timings for this top tourist place to visit in Karnataka starts from 7:00 am and stretches till 6:00 pm in the evening. If you are planning to visit this place, the best time to do so is the sunset or sunrise. Boating in the Kabini River at these times will make the experience memorable for you for life.
What Is The Best Way To Reach Kabini River In Kabini?
Kabini is a famous tourist spot and hence, it is connected by all means of travel. You don’t have to worry about travel much because any way of travel you choose, you will find the route with ease.
- By Air: There isn’t any airport in Kabini but the nearest airport is almost 208 km away in Bangalore. This airport is very well connected with all other major parts of India like Mumbai, Delhi, and more. From the airport, you can hire a cab and reach your destination.
- By Rail: Around 80 km away is the Mysore junction which is basically the closest railway station to Kabini. From the station, hire a cab and reach this beautiful place called Kabini.
- By Road: This is the best way to reach Kabini. The way to Kabini is surrounded by the forest all along which will give you an amazing trip experience. Self-drive or the KSRTC – both will work fine for you.
Best Time To Visit Kabini River In Kabini
There is no rule that you cannot visit Kabini in some months. You can visit Kabini any time you wish. The best time to travel to the place so that you see its beauty to its full length is between November and January. These months are the best time for you to witness the wildlife. Another best time to travel this place for witnessing the forests full of greenery is between July and October.
Places To Visit Near Kabini River In Kabini
If you are visiting Kabini, there are more top tourist places to visit in Karnataka. You can visit the following places if you don’t want to return home just yet.
- Nagarhole National Park: Famously known by the name Rajiv Gandhi National Park, this is world-famous breeding grounds for wild Asian Elephants. This is a full package as there are animals, forests, waterfalls, everything for you to enjoy to the fullest.
- Rameshwara Temple: This is located on the Lakshmana Tirtha River’s banks. Thousands of devotees visit this temple when it is Shivratri. Make sure to visit this beautiful temple on your way back to home from Kabini.
If you are a water child and would love to be near water and let it ease your stress and give you a feeling of calmness, this is one of the best places to visit.