Visit the Beautiful Devbagh Beach In Karwar (2022)
Located in the coastal city of Karwar, Devbagh is one of the beautiful beaches in India. Facing the mesmerising Arabian Sea on one side and the dense lush green Western Ghats on the other one, Devbagh is truly exceptional. Probably, it is due to its exceptional beauty only that people from across the country come to pay this beautiful gem of a place a visit throughout the year. The place has witnessed such great popularity, that it is now even considered as one of the top tourist places to visit in Karnataka, especially for all the beach lovers. It is believed that this stunning beach even served as a muse and inspiration for the great poet, Shri Rabindranath Tagore when he had visited Karwar during the early 20th century. This mesmerising beach with its fine golden sands, cool breeze and plethora of thrilling adventure sports will actually make you fall in love with itself. In this article, we have gathered all the information about Devbagh beach which you should know before visiting it to avoid any unnecessary unpleasant surprises later on. Image Source:
Why Should You Visit The Devbagh Beach In Karwar?
Devbagh Beach is believed to be one of the most beautiful and enthralling beaches in India. Be it the fine golden sand or the crystal – clue blanket of water, the beach is a refreshing place to be at. Lined by a series of casuarina trees, the place has an exceptional scenic beauty that will take you breath away. No matter whether you are a beach lover or not, after visiting the Devbagh beach you will surely wish to visit it again and again. If you are still searching for more reasons to visit this beach, then here is a list for you.
- Plethora of Water Sports: The Devbagh beach is known to offer a number of thrilling water sports. Some of the water sports which you can indulge in here for some thrill and adventure include boat rides, jet skiing, snorkelling, water scooter rides, kayaking, parasailing and a lot more. Those who are interested in simple water activities can go for fishing or dolphin watching too.
- Delicious Food: No matter whether you are going solo, with family or special someone, having delicious food available at the destination is always a great idea. You will be pleased to know that the Devbagh beach is immensely popular for its delicious seafood. You can also find a variety of many other local cuisines here as well.
- Scenic Beauty: The Devbagh beach possesses a heavenly beauty. The golden sand, serene water and tall trees, add on to the charm of the place. As you visit the beach, you will find that the beach is frequented by many travellers specially to enjoy nature’s beauty in a peaceful environment.
The Devbagh Beach Timings
There are as such no specific timings of visiting the beach. The beach is open on all days throughout the week. So, you can visit it whenever you have a bit of extra time in your hand from your packed schedule. The beach will surely welcome you with open hands.
What Is The Best Way To Reach The Devbagh Beach In Karwar?
The Karwar city is well connected and hence one can reach it easily. There are multiple modes of transport that can take you to the Devbagh beach. Hence you really don’t have to worry about reaching Devbagh beach being difficult. You can easily reach it by:
- By Air: The nearest airport to reach the Devbagh beach in Karwar is located in Goa. The airport is situated at a distance of approximately 90 km from Karwar. From the airport, you can hire a taxi or take a cab to reach the final destination.
- By Rail: The nearest railway station to reach the Devbagh beach in Karwar is located in the city itself. You will be pleased to know that Karwar city has a railway station on the Konkan railway line.
- By Road: Karwar is located at a distance of about 520 km from Bengaluru and 271 km away from Mangalore. Regular bus services are available from almost all parts of Karnataka to reach Karwar. The Karwar Bus stand is the nearest bus stand and is located about just 8 km away from the beach.
Best Time To Visit The Devbagh Beach In Karwar
The Devbagh Beach is a true scenic beauty. No matter when you visit this popular tourist place in Karnataka, it will leave you just speechless. However, if you are looking forward to the best experience, then it is recommended to visit the beach during the early morning hours or late evening hours as the sunrise and sunset views here are absolutely magical.
Where To Stay Near The Devbagh Beach In Karwar?
Karwar city is a home to a variety of amazing hotels, homestays as well as beach side resorts. So, if you wish to stay a bit longer in the region, it won’t be a problem. Some of the best options for you to consider are the Devbagh beach resort operated by Jungle Lodges & Resorts and the Sterling Resorts.
What Are The Different Places To See Near The Devbagh Beach In Karwar?
You will be happy to know that many exciting tourist attraction spots lie in close proximity to the Devbagh beach in Karwar. So, even if you are done with exploring the beach, you don’t have to get bored. Some of the places that you can include in your itinerary and enhance your overall experience are:
- Kurumgad Island: Located off the coast of Karwar, Kurumgad island is one popular tourist place to visit in Karnataka. Famous for its unique tortoise shape, the island is easily accessible from Devbagh beach via a boat. The island also houses an abandoned lighthouse as well as a Narasimha temple.
- Sadashivgad Fort: Located at a distance of about 4 km from Devbagh beach, this is another popular attraction you can visit in Karwar. Placed on the northern bank of the mighty river Kali, Sadashivgadh fort acts as a great viewing point. People often frequent this place for the heavenly sunset and sunrise views that it offers. It is believed that there is a Durga temple on the top of the fort too.
No matter whether you are just looking forward to some peaceful moments in calm or wish to enjoy a fun day by the shores, a visit to Devbagh beach in Karwar will prove to be an ideal getaway for all.