Visit Parwanoo: Things To Do and Places To Visit When In Parwanoo in Himachal Pradesh (2022)
Parwanoo also is known as Parwanu is a small town in Solan district of the state of Himachal Pradesh in India. It is famous for several things and thousands of tourists come to visit this place from India and outside. It is also known for its biggest wholesale market in the entire state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated on the border of Haryana and Himachal Pradesh and this small town has extremely beautiful apple orchards and delicious fruit products. You will be able to see the mesmerizing hills and the beauty of nature with the lush greenery and hustle bustle of life at a hill station.
It is an ideal getaway for adventure seekers as it is one of the hubs of adventure activities in Himachal Pradesh. One can enjoy Trekking, Hiking, Mountain climbing, Rappelling, etc. In addition to the adventure seekers, it is the home for nature lovers as you can enjoy the beauty of the hills from proximity. Parwanoo was once a small sleepy and silent town that was not known by many people, but it has become an industrial town now and many people come here for trade as well as seeking nature and adventure activities. The town is covered by a blanket of pine trees which will make you fall in love with the town instantly and you would not feel like going back to your home. You will also enjoy your time visiting various lakes, temples, and gardens around the town including other tourist attractions. One of the most famous things to do at Parwanoo is a ride on a cable car. You should plan a trip to this town, and it will make sure you have the most enjoyable one which you will cherish forever.
Things To Do And Places To Visit When In Parwanoo
- Timber trail: One of the most sought-after sights in the area is Timber trails. Located at the foothills of the Shivalik Range, this place attracts tourists from the nearby areas in all seasons around the year. You will frequently see tourists visiting from Delhi, Chandigarh, Shimla, Kasauli, and other nearby areas. Although the place attracts a fair number of tourists from all over the world during the peak season, you would see tourists from the nearby areas around the year. This place is practically covered by a pine tree that attracts the tourists and charms them to visit the place over and over. The view from the heights of the Timber Trail is breathtaking and one of the most selling points of this place. Timber Trail is very popular for its ropeway rides and it is one thrilling ride and an amazing experience. You will slide through the mountain ways while surrounded by the incredible natural beauty where you can see the snowcapped mountains and the lush valleys below you. This is a refreshing experience and one that cannot be explained in words. There are deep gorges right below the ropeway and looking at them will give you an incredible adrenaline rush. There are a few resorts in the same area which are nestled in this quaint location and offer beautiful and mesmerizing views. Make sure you book the places before you visit this location is always in demand and people generally do not get accommodation if it’s not prebooked.
- Cable Car Ride: One of the different and the adventurous thing to do here in Parwanoo is the cable car ride. The best thing about this ride is the views of the majestic mountains and the valleys you will get to see while hanging in a box on a rope. This is a very thrilling experience one that gives you an immediate adrenaline rush. One car accommodates a maximum of up to 12 people in one trip on the cable. The trail takes you 1.8 km away into the steep hill and you cannot help but hold your breath during the journey on the trip. Make sure you do not forget to carry your camera along with you.
- Sunset at Timber Trail Resort: One of the best things about staying at the Timber trail is the sunset you get to enjoy at this beautiful place. You would not get to see this beautiful sunset if you are staying in the main city. The view from Parwanoo is one hell of a view that gives you goosebumps as soon as you wake up in the morning. Sun rising behind the mountains and lighting the lush greenery in the valley is a sight to behold. You will get to see different shades and lights every minute as the sun is rising. Make sure you capture the sunrise in the camera to be able to reminisce about your memories later.
- Apple/Fruit Orchards: Visiting fruit orchards is one of the best things to do in Parwanoo. The pleasant weather of the hills allows the fruits to grow at their best and the healthy produce makes you want to pluck these fruits right from the trees and eat them fresh. Since you get such fresh produce of fruits in the area, there are many local businesses dedicated to manufacturing delicious fruit products like juices, preserves, jams, jellies, marmalades, and squashes among many other things.
- Kali Mata Mandir/Temple: Do not forget to seek blessings at Kali Mata temple when you are in Parwanoo. This temple is very famous and has religious and spiritual importance among both locals and tourists. People from all over the country come here to visit and seek the blessings here at the temple. You would see a rush of people at this time around the year but during the festival of Navratri, the temple is exceptionally crowded, and it becomes taxing to even enter the temple. This temple is said to have historical importance, as well as the legend, says that this temple was visited by the Pandavas during one year of their exile.
- Gorkha Fort: This is a perfect place to visit for the history buffs. Gorkha Fort is situated on a small hill Subathu which is a very beautiful place. This fort is 16 km away from Parwanoo and can easily be reached by taxi in no time from Parwanoo. This fort was founded by the Gurkha Army Chief Amar Singh Thapa to fight against the British army. Although the fort is in ruins at this point, it exhibits strength even through its ruins. In addition to knowing about history, you will enjoy a spectacular view of dense forest all around. Travelers can also visit the Gurkha Museum to witness the past of the area with exhibits dating back to the year 1815.
- Shopping in Parwanoo: Parwanoo is a small town that is turning in to a major industrial town these days. You would find a lot to shop from this slice of heaven except the fresh fruit produces and their products. Many local manufactures are producing and selling many fruit products like Jams, pickles, jellies, squashes, marmalades, and preserves. You will be able to identify from the taste that they are made of fresh fruit produces. This is one of the best things to buy from Parwanoo and bring back for your friends and family.
Best Time To Visit Parwanoo
Summer is the best time to visit Parwanoo. The period between March to May is the most pleasant and it is easy to travel to this town during this part of Himachal without any obstructions on the way. However, it is located in the lower Himalayas which allows tourists to visit Parwanoo all time of the year.
Only the monsoons are a little tricky as you will witness many landslides around the area which makes traveling difficult in most hill stations and it is the same with Parwanoo as well.
The weather is pleasant in summers and is considered the ideal time to spend in the lap of the Himalayas. Parwanoo is extremely picturesque during summers, and the perfect weather conditions make it easier to indulge in various activities like trekking and mountain climbing. Traveling to Parwanoo during summers is also a good option because that is the time you can escape yourself from the heat in the plainest area in the country.
Another ideal time to visit Parwanoo is during winters when the weather is chilly during December and January. You will many people visiting Parwanoo for Christmas and New Year to celebrate here. It is a different experience, one that is extremely enjoyable, and the hills are covered in snow and mist in the mornings and evenings.
How to Reach Parwanoo?
There are many ways you can reach Parwanoo from your respective places. Reaching this beautiful and small hill station is not at all taxing as it is located in the lower Himalayas there are many means of transport available for you to take to reach this place. Parwanoo being a very small town does not have an airport or a railway station of its own but is located close to the airport. There is a regular bus service from the nearby places in Delhi, Punjab, and Haryana. Various means of transport available to reach Parwanoo are mentioned below:
- Reaching Parwanoo by Air: The nearest airport from Parwanoo is Chandigarh Airport which is 30 km from the place. You can easily avail of a taxi from the airport to reach Parwanoo. Additionally, Shimla airport is also around 70km from Parwanoo. In case you are planning to travel from Shimla to Parwanoo, you can take a flight from Shimla to Chandigarh and reach Parwanoo. You will be able to find direct flights from major domestic airports in India flying to Chandigarh. It is extremely easy to reach Parwanoo by Air from any part of the country.
- Reaching Parwanoo by Train: The closest Railway station to Parwanoo is Kalka which is only 4 km far. The easiest way to reach Parwanoo is via Rail. Kalka is well connected to major stations. You can find trains from all places reaching Kalka, from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, etc. It is easy to get a taxi from outside the station to reach the main city. You can also choose local transport available outside the Railway station to reach the main city.
- Reaching Parwanoo by Road: Parwanoo is well connected with major cities and there are buses directly available from the nearby area till Parwanoo. You can find direct buses from Delhi. Chandigarh and Shimla till Parwanoo or you can reach these major cities and get a direct bus to reach Parwanoo. Although the easiest option to reach the place is to get a taxi directly if you are not traveling from very far which gives you the comfort to travel at your own pace.
You can easily find taxis to travel to local places in Parwanoo. Although you should know how to bargain with the taxi drivers if you want to get good rates.
Where To Stay When In Parwanoo?
Parwanoo is mainly a residential area but it is famous because there is Timber Trail nearby and the place is always filled with tourists. People do not miss out on the opportunity to explore some famous sightseeing sites in the area. There are many resorts near Parwanoo that are located very close to the city but some unexplored or less explored areas of the town. Most of the places are quite famous, while others are still comparatively new and unexplored. Some of the famous places to stay and enjoy your holiday at Parwanoo are The Oberoi Sukhvilas Resort, The Fern Surya Resort Kasauli Hills, Jungle Lodge Resort, Forest Ville Hotel and Resort, Livingstone Mistry Mountains Resort, The Baghban Hotels, and Resort. You can also stay and enjoy your time at the Timber trail resorts in Parwanoo located at Shivalik hills. Additionally, with the changing times, many homestays have come up and have become popular among tourists.
What To Eat When In Parwanoo?
There are many places to eat in Dalhousie and several cafes serving multi-cuisine food which is scrumptious at all levels. Although the most commonly found food joints and most sought-after cuisine is the north Indian cuisine in the area. You would love going to these places over and over after tasting the food at these places. Some of the restaurants have sitting in open areas where you can enjoy your meal while looking at the beautiful views of the majestic mountains and lush valleys.