10 Best Weekend Getaways From Tombstone, AZ (2022)
The beautiful city of Tombstone is a paradise in itself but there are other amazing weekend getaways from Tombstone too which are equally beautiful and deserve a visit of their own. Being strategically located at such a favorable location, Tombstone is not far away from a lot of amazing places. From Phoenix to Tucson to Bisbee, there is an abundance of best weekend getaways from Tombstone. So, we’ve compiled this list of the best weekend getaways from Tombstone that you can visit and explore to turn those dull Saturdays and Sundays of yours into a memorable one.
10 Best Weekend Getaways From Tombstone, AZ
- Bisbee: Situated in the Mule Mountains, Bisbee was previously the site of a gold and copper “surge” when rich mineral stores were found here around the 1870s. And then, the town of Bisbee got popular as the “Copper Queen” and for a long time huge amounts of gold, copper and silver were extracted from here. And when you visit Bisbee today, you can go on the well known Copper Queen Mine Tour, profound into the core of the old mine. Other notable attractions incorporate the Mining and Historical Museum of Bisbee, the Restoration Museum of Bisbee and Museum Heritage House of Mulheim. It is one of the best weekend getaways from Tombstone. Also, there are a few guided visits on offer including the lively Old Bisbee Ghost Tour. The visit additionally offers intriguing shops, exhibitions and eating. Image Source
- Phoenix: Found under two and a half hours from Tombstone, the exuberant city of Phoenix is an incredible weekend getaway destination from Tombstone for the entire family. The city offers numerous attractions and you should do some genuine beforehand planning on the off chance that you are just around for a day. Social exercises incorporate visiting the Phoenix Art Museum, the Heard Museum (for American Indian culture and craftsmanship) and the Musical Instrument Museum. Art enthusiasts’ should make certain to visit the exhibitions on Roosevelt Row and families can invest energy in the Phoenix Zoo. On the off chance that you need to investigate the excellent Sonora Desert scene you can make a beeline for Papago Park and Camelback Mountain for picturesque climbing and the Desert Botanical Garden to appreciate the variety of desert vegetation which all the more makes it one of the best weekend getaways from Tombstone.
- Ruby: In the event that you are searching for something totally unique to do on your following weekend getaway from Tombstone (and you wouldn’t fret driving along a truly harsh street), you should pack a cookout and advance toward Ruby, a mining phantom town found only north of the Mexican boundary. The town once held the qualification of being the biggest mining camp in Arizona and is supposed to have been a position of “mining, murder and anarchy”. Today you will track down an abandoned town that actually has around two dozen structures which can be investigated at your own speed with the assistance of a guide that you will get from the overseer.
- Scottsdale: For yet another incredible weekend getaway from Tombstone, you could decide to take a two and a half hour drive north to Scottsdale, which offers a wide determination of exercises. Memorable Old Town Scottsdale is a decent spot to begin your day, offering astounding shopping, many intriguing workmanship exhibitions and over hundred public craftsmanship establishments to appreciate. In the event that you appreciate cycling you can consider leasing a bicycle and following one of a few suggested bicycle courses through Old Town and past. A decent method to test a portion of Arizona’s best cooking is to join a foodie lunch, supper or Happy Hour visit. On the off chance that you need some spoiling you will discover a few spa and health centers just around Scottsdale.
- Yuma: Situated around four hours west of Tombstone, Yuma is most likely somewhat far for a fabulous weekend getaway from Tombstone yet would positively make a decent end of the week or overnight fun objective. The town offers brilliant all year water sports on the Colorado River and families can have a great time visiting the Mine Museum of Castle Dome, the Yuma County Children’s Museum, the Camel Farm and the intriguing Cloud Museum which brags an exhibit of old automobile. Yuma is likewise your passage to a few wild zones where you can go climbing, trekking and natural life watching – attempt National Wildlife Refuge of Cibola and Imperial Sand Dunes. You can go for a nostalgic walk along Main Street in the core of Old Yuma to appreciate shopping, diversion and eating.
- Cave Creek: For an Arizona road trip with an unmistakable Western vibe, Cave Creek impeccably possesses all the necessary qualities. Situated in the north-eastern piece of the Greater Phoenix Area, Cave Creek is both particular and cool. Here you can discover motorcyclists and cowboys sharing the primary street, which is fixed with animal feed shops along with high-end branded stores, shops and cantinas. You can find out about the history of this place at the Cave Creek Museum or appreciate the vivacious bull-riding and two-venturing at one of the town’s cantinas. On the off chance that you love being a bit adventurous then, you can go climbing at Spur Cross or go horseback riding at one of the few riding stables. It is an amazing weekend destination from Tombstone.
- Dragoon: The sluggish little town of Dragoon is situated off Highway 10, about 27 kms upper east of Benson. Although, Dragoon is an extremely little community yet it has the qualification of possessing the terrific scenes of the Texas Canyon, where rough bluffs and buttes conceal antiquated petrogylphs and pictographs. The territory offers explorers an organization of intriguing and extremely beautiful path including the Cochise Indian Trail, which additionally offers remarkable bird watching. No visit to Dragoon could be viewed as complete without investing some energy in the remarkable Amerind Museum which grandstands a noteworthy assortment of American Indian workmanship and ancient rarities. Before you leave Dragoon you can visit the Golden Rule Vineyards for a visit and tasting which all the more makes it a fabulous weekend destination from Tombstone.
- Globe: The city of Globe is found 182 miles north of Tombstone in Gila County, where it offers joyriders an intriguing and pleasant objective and makes for an incredible weekend destination from Tombstone. The town was set up as a mining local area in the 1870’s and a significant part of the notable midtown still offers the old mining-town air. You can join a notable visit tour or investigate at your own speed. Make certain to visit the Gila Country Historical Museum and the Cobre Valley Center for the Arts. To get an expansive outline of the scene you can take a grand drive through the Salt River Canyon and appreciate the perspectives from there. At the Old Dominion Historic Mine Park, you can see some old mining hardware, while Round Mountain Park offers beautiful climbing trails.
- Mount Lemmon: At the point when you need to get away from the midyear heat in Tombstone, a weekend getaway to Mount Lemmon, in the Santa Catalina mountain range about two hours from the city, is an ideal arrangement. The higher elevation in Mount Lemmon can have up to thirty degrees effect to the temperature and is the reason the territory has for quite some time been a midyear retreat for a lot of Tombstone inhabitants. To arrive at the pinnacle of Mount Lemmon, you have to travel along the 43 km sky islands picturesque byway, quite possibly the most delightful grand drives in the state. Activities incorporate climbing, bird watching and fishing in summer and different snow sports in winter. You could likewise visit the Sky Center Observatory of Mount Lemmon which has all year star-looking projects.
- Sonoita: The beautiful town of Sonoita lies at the core of southern Arizona’s wine developing area, only a short ways from Tombstone and therefore is an amazing weekend destination from Tombstone. The scene is especially alluring around here, comprising of moving slopes and verdant prairies with not a prickly plant in sight. The town makes an ideal base for visiting the grape plantations and winery visits are accessible on the off chance that you don’t really want to drive. For something a little surprising and out of the box, you also have the chance to do a winery visit by kayak down the Verde River with Sedona Adventure Tours in close by Cottonwood. On the off chance that you are not into wine you can take an independent visit through the notable old Empire Ranch or book a guided path ride with Arizona Horseback Experience.
FAQs For Tourists Looking For Some Best Weekend Getaways From Tombstone:
Q1. How Far Away Is Sonoita From Tombstone?
Ans: Sonoita is 62 kms away from the town of Tombstone and it takes 39 mins to reach it via car.
Q2. What Are Some Of The Hotels In Globe?
Ans: Dream Manor Inn, Travel Lodge By Wyndham Globe and Best Western Cooper Hills Inn are some of the hotels to stay in Globe.
Q3. What Are Some Of The Good Cafes In Yuma Of Arizona?
Ans: Cafecito, Garden Café and Turtle Bay Café are some of the good cafes in Yuma.
Q4. How Far Is Scottsdale From Tombstone?
Ans: Scottsdale is 298 km from Tombstone and it takes around three hours to reach it.